Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

Hey guys,I'm back

I got a G&G M14 recently,but it won't work properly.I got an RMA,and am returning it soon.So I need a new primary.

Price Range:

N/A

Just these mainly,but open to some other suggestions

Play Style:

Designated Marksman/Sniper

Play Area:

Wooded Field

These are my choices:

Get G&G M14 repaired

Pretty straight foward,but I can't explain it,I just don't exactly get much enjoyment out of this as much as other AEG's

KJW M700P

Quieter than an AEG,and I find Bolt-actions pretty fun to use

KWA GBB M4(Not yet released)

Not yet released,so I don't really know about this.

Again,I'm open to suggestions,but only those around the same price range,or those that are REALLY worth it

Well you options are very not limited. I noticed that you mainly like gas operation. This is going to raise your price but give you more realism. To own and operate many of the stock gas guns runs into the $800 range. The rifle itself will run you between 300-400 and the mags will run you 30-40 a piece. the downside is that they shoot at very high rps/

The problem with a high round per second gun is that you will burn through the mags very very quickly. I owned a Mac11 and loved it except for the fact that it empties in around 2 seconds. So to counteract this you have lots of mags which runs you up money wise. You man noth think this is true but you will realize that this is important when your friend throwing bb's at you with his high cap.

My suggestion is fix your G&G M14. IF it is sub par internally; upgrade. A DMR AEG is going to be your friend in the end. A single shot bolt action is cool, but this is airsoft and when you start shooting long range hitting multiple bb's is going to be more valuable than hoping that you hit the single bb and hoping they call it.

Looking for a gun for my 10 year old son. Just getting into airsoft, but has been playing paint ball for a couple years.

We have a great indoor arena near us plus wooded areas he will play with friends. I expect him to also play with it without BB's but wants the shooting noise.

Budget is MAX $150...hopefully more like $100.

My initial research makes me prefer an AEG. I typically don't start by buying junk, so figured spring was out and I wasnt a fan of gas. preferred just charging a battery.

Since he is 10, weight is a small concern, so the comments I see on full metal and 5lb guns....probably too much money and heavy. but that is my perception. His paintball gun is all metal and has a large co2 canister....so maybe not that much of a concern.

When he searches, he tends to like three guns (mainly on appearance and COD experience....). 1. Tar 21. (they seem very pricey). 2. G36C 3. M4 He also loves the look/function of a red dot sight. (COD experience probably)

Other dads mentioned they got guns with about 400fps...thought that was a good 'sweet spot'.

Open to suggestions on those guns or others that make more sense given our purpose.

thx

Edited by SpartanGA

Hello

I am looking for my first aeg, but have had experience with others. I am looking for something in the 180 to 220 dollar price range. I am trying to get into DMR or maybe a scout. These three are what my choice is rounded down to:

A&K Lr300

AEG/ Matrix SR-15

A&K SR-25 URX

Any other suggestions will be accepted

thank you

I looked around and I think im going to get the CYMA M187A Sniper Rifle but I need to know if it already comes with a scope and bi-pod or would I need to get them seperately.here's a link

I know that the Description says that bi-pod and scope not included but I saw the gun on monsterairsoft and in a vid on youtube and the gun had a scope and bi-pod

Hey, My name is John. I've been considering getting into airsoft, so I joined this forum. I wanted to ask a question about a specific gun. I really like the whole G36 line of guns and I was considering buying the JG MK36K/G608-3/G36k (with 3x scope). I've heard that the quality is pretty good, but I'm a little worried about the internals. My hope was to get a cheap base gun with decent quality and slowly upgrade it over time. Would this be a wise choice or should I look elsewhere? Here's a link

JG has been improving internally over the past few years. If you were to buy that gun, and lower the spring to a m100 or m110 (320 for m100, 350 for m110), you would be set for a while.

<AT>SpartanGA: JG rifle are turing out to be great for the price. They are great starting guns and likely to meet all of your stipulations.

<AT>Shadow: JG bar-10, Cyma M14, UTG L96 if you are interested in getting into 'sniping'. The mentioned rifle will undoubtedly lack in certain areas.

<AT>Dwarf: DMR Try the airsoftgi G4 series. They are apparently doing pretty well.

<AT>SpartanGA: JG rifle are turing out to be great for the price. They are great starting guns and likely to meet all of your stipulations.

<AT>Shadow: JG bar-10, Cyma M14, UTG L96 if you are interested in getting into 'sniping'. The mentioned rifle will undoubtedly lack in certain areas.

<AT>Dwarf: DMR Try the airsoftgi G4 series. They are apparently doing pretty well.

the thing is im looking for a sniper with a pistol grip(because my hand loses blood circulation), scope and a bipod for around $100.

Do you know if air rattle is a trusting website?

You may want to rephrase your question so it doesn't sound like we are your slaves, but any way, the L96 or g700 is what I would go with, the SVD is a piece of crap, I have no clue about the quality of the GI parts, but I know you will have trouble getting that thing on a field, most cap the sniper FPS at 500, 550 at most.

You may want to rephrase your question so it doesn't sound like we are your slaves, but any way, the L96 or g700 is what I would go with, the SVD is a piece of crap, I have no clue about the quality of the GI parts, but I know you will have trouble getting that thing on a field, most cap the sniper FPS at 500, 550 at most.

My bad didn't mean for t to sound like that. Most of our OP's down here have a 550-600 limit. Thanks for the help!

Gentlemen,

I've been in the US Army for 12 years and still going strong with 3 Combat tours (2 Iraq, 1 Afghanistan). I'm trying to purchase an AEG for me and my 14 yr old son. We would like an M4 style rifle with very dependable internals and externals. I want it metal to get it as close to the real thing. Also if it is possible, I would like something with RIS/RAS so we can attach scopes/red dot. 300-400 FPS and I don't mind spending between $150-250. It will be used for small to medium size field. We are begginers but we want a very dependable, reliable and upgradeable rifle. Also with a tight bore barrel to make it accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My first aeg was a s-system from a&k. Now the one I got had a plastic body but im pretty sure they make a metal one. If you want to Really want to get into the relism a gas m4 would also simulate recoil.

(so far my s-system has over 10,000 rounds without a misfunction)

I'm sure g&g or some other company makes a better m4 but of course it will cost more.

P.S. Watch out for sales you can save some major cash. :a-famerican:

im new to airsoft and wondering if I can get some recommendations on what type of guns to get.

I've been playing paintball for a long time. im the type of player that likes hang back and provide support for those advancing.

although I have been none to charge in ever now and then.

im hoping not to spend but like 200-220 dollars if possible

Hi there I'm new to this forum and to airsoft, goes without saying, but before I get started I just want to point out few things that I feel need to follow my question.

Where I live Airsoft is not allowed, neither for private usage nor for business purposes. This fact I seek to change but in order to do so I need information about pretty much everything related to Airsoft. So please keep that in mind before flaming because of newbie questions.

Our legal system makes it pretty much impossible for citizens to own a airgun - a replica or not but not so many years ago some changes where made that allowed specialized paintball clubs/teams and businesses to own paintball guns. This is the precedent that I needed for my argument why airsoft should also be allowed.

So summing it up. Have NO experience of Airsoft, still wish be an entrepreneur and import the airsoft culture to my home country and open a business dedicated to it. So this is what I need.

I need 40 pieces of a gun that fits these criteria

1. Price Range - lets say <250 as a guidance most of all I need something that is durable, easily maintained that does not crack easily since they will be rental. I say 250 but I am open for other suggestions since these guns I'll only use to build up the business. Preferably an AGE. Could be that there will be an fps limit when I get the green light so several options are fine by me.

2. Play Style

Like I said the idea is to rent out the guns so something that covers pretty much everything if there is such a gun.

3. Play Area

Most likely it will be an old warehouse with the area of 7500 - 8600 sq ft

4. Style Preference

Naturally the more authentic looking the better. Something like the standard assault rifles M4 M16, P-90, AK 47, G36c you know the classics, something that offers the possibility of extra mags clips. No need for massive upgrades. the only upgrades I'd be interested in would be concerning the mag clips and battery upgrades.

I'd like to send my thanks in advance for any held I'll receive in this forum

:a-salute:

The Seeker of knowledge

Edited by The seeker of knowledge

Well easily maintained is purely dependent on the person. Some people find the entire take down of the gearbox easy.

Things to consider:

1) You said rent... in my eyes this means the gun needs to be basically bomb proof. This means metal body.

2) You want it to run forever without any internal work. This historically means TM or Tokyo Marui.

3) Your price range. This is highly dependent on what you want out of the gun. JG or Echo1 or even some of the newer G&G guns work well to full-fill all of these requirements.

4) Your specifications for the guns. This would most likely be fulfilled by a gun similar to the G36, MP5, or a CQB length M4. There would be some internal upgrades that could help get the gun to exactly what you please. (CQB sized gun, CQB fps, field range)

Well easily maintained is purely dependent on the person. Some people find the entire take down of the gearbox easy.

Things to consider:

1) You said rent... in my eyes this means the gun needs to be basically bomb proof. This means metal body.

2) You want it to run forever without any internal work. This historically means TM or Tokyo Marui.

3) Your price range. This is highly dependent on what you want out of the gun. JG or Echo1 or even some of the newer G&G guns work well to full-fill all of these requirements.

4) Your specifications for the guns. This would most likely be fulfilled by a gun similar to the G36, MP5, or a CQB length M4. There would be some internal upgrades that could help get the gun to exactly what you please. (CQB sized gun, CQB fps, field range)

Sweet thanks for pointing me in the right direction. In case that the politicians will not go for the metal body is there any other option? Like polycarbonate perhaps?

Sweet thanks for pointing me in the right direction. In case that the politicians will not go for the metal body is there any other option?

In this price range, the nylon fiber bodies of G&G sportline models will actually be more sturdy than most metal bodies, made of pot metal. Sportline= Combat Machine, Combat Machine blowback, Plastica, and Raider models.

In this price range, the nylon fiber bodies of G&G sportline models will actually be more sturdy than most metal bodies, made of pot metal. Sportline= Combat Machine, Combat Machine blowback, Plastica, and Raider models.

I totally agree. Pot metal is your worst enemy. It deceives you by being metal but is often times weaker then plastic.

I made a thread but maybe I should have originally posted here...

Anyways,

I'm a teenager looking to get his first AEG ^_^!

Price range:

Less than 200, maybe I can do something nice to spend a little more but cheap as possible would be a big help.

Role:

Not sure...

Play Area:

CQB, the local play area is CQB.

I wish there was a 'legal' spot for woodlands near me though :\ ... not risking getting swat called on me -.-

Style Preference:

Meh, doesn't matter. I just want a good looking gun, and something that doesn't look like it was made by fisherprice lol :p. I would like a 'unique' gun, and what I mean by that is something not very common. However, if a common gun would be better I wouldn't really mind.

I intend to buy offline from a reliable, safe, legit site such as airsoftgi. I do have two stores near me but they have a small selection but I'm going to take a trip to the stores to see their selection.

I did have one gun on my mind.. the g36e (JG mk36k)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4622

The price is nice, and the added scope seems to make it like a great deal. It also looks stylish, but hey maybe it looks like a great deal but there has to be a catch? I mean they have to make money off it and also, maybe it isn't the best for CQB.. though returning to 'the catch'. It's got 5 stars on ASGI and the reviews on youtube were all positive from what I've seen. but maybe another gun would be better..any recommendations?

Edited by Zealex

I totally agree. Pot metal is your worst enemy. It deceives you by being metal but is often times weaker then plastic.

ok so avoid pot metal, got it

you say in this price range, do you know about anything more expensive but still offers more for the money then the price range I've already mentioned?

Also if this where your idea what would you choose given my situation?

ok so avoid pot metal, got it

you say in this price range, do you know about anything more expensive but still offers more for the money then the price range I've already mentioned?

Also if this where your idea what would you choose given my situation?

Well, you could go up to KWA. Look at the KWA M4 CQB and the M4A1. With discount and perhaps a bigger discount for a bulk buy, they should be pretty close.

Well, you could go up to KWA. Look at the KWA M4 CQB and the M4A1. With discount and perhaps a bigger discount for a bulk buy, they should be pretty close.

they are both sweet. I fear the M4A1 would probably be to powerful since I'm pretty sure the CQB FPS limit will be close to 350 when Airsoft will be allowed. But I really like the M4 CQB too bad the Battery,,charger, pellets, gun package didn't get to good reviews otherwise I would be done searching. :a-grin:

Thx for all the help.

I've noticed that no-one ever mentions ICS as a possible match for my needs, from reviews and general talk on the web they seem to have potentials to meet my demands. Am I incorrect on that one?

I made a thread but maybe I should have originally posted here...

Anyways,

I'm a teenager looking to get his first AEG ^_^!

Price range:

Less than 200, maybe I can do something nice to spend a little more but cheap as possible would be a big help.

Role:

Not sure...

Play Area:

CQB, the local play area is CQB.

I wish there was a 'legal' spot for woodlands near me though :\ ... not risking getting swat called on me -.-

Style Preference:

Meh, doesn't matter. I just want a good looking gun, and something that doesn't look like it was made by fisherprice lol :p. I would like a 'unique' gun, and what I mean by that is something not very common. However, if a common gun would be better I wouldn't really mind.

I intend to buy offline from a reliable, safe, legit site such as airsoftgi. I do have two stores near me but they have a small selection but I'm going to take a trip to the stores to see their selection.

I did have one gun on my mind.. the g36e (JG mk36k)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4622

The price is nice, and the added scope seems to make it like a great deal. It also looks stylish, but hey maybe it looks like a great deal but there has to be a catch? I mean they have to make money off it and also, maybe it isn't the best for CQB.. though returning to 'the catch'. It's got 5 stars on ASGI and the reviews on youtube were all positive from what I've seen. but maybe another gun would be better..any recommendations?

The G36 will do fine, but the G&G combat machines are a much better deal and you only have to buy the battery yourself. The CM's come with most all of the G&G proline internals and a very durable polymer body. (don't forget the BB's)

I have 250-280 USD to drop on a carbine or assault rifle-style AEG, either an M14 or AR-15 variant. My only requirement is that it be reliable and last long. Other than that, I don't really care too much.

Considering: CM032 M14

ARES M4A1

ICS M4A1

Comments on the above or other suggestions are welcome.

Edited by defgun

Hey guys! I used to be Not So kurz, if you'd happen to remember me. Haven't posted in months. MONTHS

Anywho, Im delving back into airsoft! Going to sell my paintball gun as collateral because I never use it for ~175 bucks. I got 50 in my wallet, more potentially.

Im looking for an M4, and a battery of course. 250 dollar budget. Haven't really caught up with the times yet in airsoft so I thought I'd just ask here. Im good with buying used. That's about it. Wondering if I can get a used KWA.

As for specifics which I forgot.

FPS: Not ridiculous

I could probably fix it if it had a problem.

Im playing woodlands.

Edited by M-Power

ICS M4 or the CYMA for sure. I love ICS for their innovative gearbox design. It really comes down to what style of gun you want. We could more accurately give you advice if we knew what kind of specs you wanted.

FPS: Under 380

Style: M4 or AK, M14's aren't popular, now that I think about it

Should be reliable, long-lasting, and easy to maintain (no TM-style AK's)

Externals should be relatively nice and definitely durable.

Length is not an issue

Weight should be somewhat realistic

My airsofting will likely consist of light skirmishing at my local field

If you need more clarification, I'm happy to oblige.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7661

Is the battery that it comes with good or no?

I think I should get the m4 because it seems more suitable for CQB..but the g36k comes with a scope and is more unique! but I can't really use the scope unless I'm in field :/

So the m4 is the better buy?

The battery is decent, but lacks longevity: It will run dry rather fast. And yes, If I had 150 for an AEG, Combat Machine would be where that money goes.

Okay thanks.

g&g internals are better than JG ones though so g&g would last in theory, longer? the g36 series from jg I heard was good but echo 1 makes 'upgraded' versions of jg's g36 series so maybe there is something internally that isn't good? I mean I see no echo 1 combat machines..

The m4 has copper bushings.. is that bad?