Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

Okay thanks.

g&g internals are better than JG ones though so g&g would last in theory, longer? the g36 series from jg I heard was good but echo 1 makes 'upgraded' versions of jg's g36 series so maybe there is something internally that isn't good? I mean I see no echo 1 combat machines..

The m4 has copper bushings.. is that bad?

Alright dude, sportline (Combat Machine) and clone (JG) guns will die at about the same time under similar usage conditions. The reason why sportlines (like Combat Machine) are held in higher is due to quality control, which clones (like JG) lack.

Here's how budget AEG buying works in my eyes:

1. Find a gun model or two that you like. Preferably two, as you'll have more options

2. Find a decent replica of it with good EXTERNALS. Your first AEG should be a beauty, in my opinion.

3. When it fails, replace the INTERNALS. It's cheaper that replacing the body. Much cheaper.

4. Internals and externals are in caps because most people mix the priority up. Internals are cheaper and easier to replace and fix.

5. Have fun.

JG is echo 1 btw... just rebranded and with a short warranty. Defgun has some points but in reality it is up to you . Your gun is yours. You must decide what you want. The G36 and M4 are good places to start. Now you have to think about what you may want in the future from your rifle.

Externals is a good place to start. G&G takes the cake there, but JG has decent internals. Where JG QC lacks is in installation. They often need to be reshimmed out of the box and possibly even downgraded due to the very high power springs they often use. JG has a G36 sportline where as G&G doesn't. Internals can be cheap to replace but the saying you get what you pay for is often the truth.

First you must settle on which gun model you want or narrow it down to one or two brands of each within your price range. Then the next thing is to figure out what you want performance wise and it will be easier to point you to the best option.

1400mah is like 3-4 hours right?

The usual calculation is that the number of mAh is 1x or 1.5x the number of bbs you can fire on a single charge.

The other issue is the quality of the cells. Elite brand is pretty much best. Getting a battery from here is recommended. http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/

Well since I'll be going cqb, then maybe I shouldn't get the g36k cause of it's longer barrel and scope.

The g36c is a nice gun and I could see myself using it. What do you mean...QC? I also fear that the g36c's spring may be too high...is this easy to change yourself as the airsoft store near me charges 50 bucks for spring installation...

I'm honestly torn between the g36c and m4 :/. the g36c is a bit more rare though, right?

What do you mean, reshimmed?

Well QC means quality control and most likely it will be way too hot. The g36 is more rare but that means there is less possible modification to be had. If you're not one to change the gun then this doesn't matter.

I would get the M4 but that's just me. More options and more compatibility for upgrade parts.

As for the downgrade if you have never done one one get it done and watch so you can learn how to do it.

I think the m4 is more suited for me. seems like it has better insides than the jg's, and plus it's a m4 it will help me with modifications.

the m4 is 140 without battery

there is a bundle that includes a g&g 9.6 1400mah battery for a total of 155

however, the 140 and 155 version just went out of stock on airsoftgi right now..I got owned? any good alternative sites or when does airsoftgi restock?

nvm the reg 140 restocked but the batter bundle didn't :(.

What would be a good brand for batteries and smart chargers? Any good deals on 9.6 volt batteries and smart chargers? I would need a specific type of connector though right? How do I find this out?

Edited by Zealex

The intellect batteries are good and if the super-brain chargers are still around they are fantastic. The bundled batter is a POS anyways so its probably for the best its outta stock.

I think an M4 is a great place to start. It gives you the option to have a decent standard gun that will so well from day one. If you decide like so many of us that airsoft is your thing it is very easy to upgrade and make your very own!

I think the m4 is more suited for me. seems like it has better insides than the jg's, and plus it's a m4 it will help me with modifications.

the m4 is 140 without battery

there is a bundle that includes a g&g 9.6 1400mah battery for a total of 155

however, the 140 and 155 version just went out of stock on airsoftgi right now..I got owned? any good alternative sites or when does airsoftgi restock?

nvm the reg 140 restocked but the batter bundle didn't :(.

What would be a good brand for batteries and smart chargers? Any good deals on 9.6 volt batteries and smart chargers? I would need a specific type of connector though right? How do I find this out?

If you have a few spare dollars around, the SRC M4 is a great buy. It cost 170, but the price is really worth it.

Kind of a follow-up to my previous post here, but what would be a good "business rifle" for a beginner? I really would rather sink money into more important things like loadout expansion and reliability upgrades as opposed to shiny tacticrap to dangle from my rifle. I can spend up to 200 USD, maybe 230. Also note that I plan to buy domestic, so that rules out a couple of brands.

By domestic, I meant from a US distributor (ASGI, Eyike, and such).

A business gun, in my definition, is a gun that functions better without "custom this, custom that, rails up the wahzoo, etc, etc" and instead looks and functions better in absolutely stock configuration. Stuff like the G3, AK, and Thompson (blast from the past, eh?). Essentially, a rifle that is made to shoot people [with BBs], not look good. Other than that, style matters not.

As mentioned before, Let's try to keep the price under 230.

Seeing as I'll be a SDG (Squad Designated Grunt), I'll probably get a "Plain Jane" M4/M16.

So: ICS Polymer Series, or G&G Combat Machine? The main problem is internal durability, as I have heard that CM internals have become lower quality since their release.

It also appears as if this guy: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7783 found his way onto ASGI. Any ideas on quality?

Additionally, what would be a good AK in the sub-230 club that shots under 400FPS?

Edited by defgun

whats the difference between g&g plastica and g&g combat machine?

examples:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3542 (plastica)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3517 (plastica)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4587 (cm)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6722 (raider) <--- this is the one im leaning towards except I'll get the non blowback verison.

Edited by volcom2772

1. I have no set price range; however I'm looking for a good value. I think this is doable give the rest of my criteria.

2. This is for plinking at home. No intention on playing actual games with other people.

3. Home. In house, backyard.

4. I don't care about aesthetics, only performance.

OK, not that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm just looking for some airsoft guns to plink around with at home. I'm not interested in aesthetics, realism, or rate of fire; accuracy is really the most important thing.

I've been trying to read reviews and figure this out, as I am accustomed to paying attention to machining quality and materials, but 99% of the reviews I read seem to be devoid of relevant information. I can't seem to find a solid set of reviews.

What I'd really like is a nice, high powered spring air gun. I'm thinking possibly one pistol and one "rifle" style. At least 350fps on the pistol with the heavier rounds (.25g and up), and 450fps on the rifle.

It would seem that I want a metal barrel with a quality finish, some amount of metal internals, and a reasonably light trigger pull. Also, one limitation -- my hands are bit on the small side.

It seems that at the very least, to hit the numbers, I'm going to need to upgrade the springs.

What are the good candidate guns? (And accompanying springs?)

Have I missed anything else that I need to consider in my criteria?

Thanks.

For a limited time only, or at least until ASF uses up all of my BS tolerance, I HATH RETURNED.

Seeing as I'll be a SDG (Squad Designated Grunt), I'll probably get a "Plain Jane" M4/M16.

So: ICS Polymer Series, or G&G Combat Machine? The main problem is internal durability, as I have heard that CM internals have become lower quality since their release.

It also appears as if this guy: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7783 found his way onto ASGI. Any ideas on quality?

Additionally, what would be a good AK in the sub-230 club that shots under 400FPS?

Yes the ics has good polymer stuff out right now. As for the king arms I have not heard anything on it at all. Look into a cyma they are really good and I don't think they are too hot FPS wise.

ICS polymer is a bad idea. I mean, it would be a good one, but the only issue is that you're buying a plastic gun that uses a lot of proprietary (unique) externals, so if you want to replace the plastic body with a metal one, you're SOL. I'd recommend a G&G Plastica series, and their Combat Machine series are pretty good too, but skip the electric blowback silliness, it just adds extra clanking noise. Also, be careful who you buy from; if you're buying any in-house customs (like the ASGI or Evike G4 or whatever Evike calls theirs), you can probably expect sub-par work on a lot of it, like Evike cross-threading the upper receiver with the rail system (true story, happened to my friend and it sucks).

Believe me, CYMA AK replicas can come shooting WAY hot. 470 in some cases.

How's Javelin doing in terms of quality?

Javelin's supposed to be looking okay, same with that new APS stuff that's coming out. Really there's not much out there about it, although Guges MK3 on ASB did a writeup of the APS. He didn't seem to like it but from how he described it, it actually sounded like a pretty solid value to me.

As for an AK shooting under 400, some CYMAs did come shooting super hot when the CM040-series was first introduced, but now they seem to have toned it down a bit. They should come shooting at exactly what they're advertised to, and if not then just clip the spring a bit and you're good to go.

whats the difference between g&g plastica and g&g combat machine?

examples:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3542 (plastica)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3517 (plastica)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4587 (cm)

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6722 (raider) <--- this is the one im leaning towards except I'll get the non blowback verison.

Plastica has slightly better plastics and internals throughout, but the CM is a bit cheaper and has more variety. From what I've seen that's all I know. Google around for reviews, you can probably find more info.

1. I have no set price range; however I'm looking for a good value. I think this is doable give the rest of my criteria.

2. This is for plinking at home. No intention on playing actual games with other people.

3. Home. In house, backyard.

4. I don't care about aesthetics, only performance.

OK, not that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm just looking for some airsoft guns to plink around with at home. I'm not interested in aesthetics, realism, or rate of fire; accuracy is really the most important thing.

I've been trying to read reviews and figure this out, as I am accustomed to paying attention to machining quality and materials, but 99% of the reviews I read seem to be devoid of relevant information. I can't seem to find a solid set of reviews.

What I'd really like is a nice, high powered spring air gun. I'm thinking possibly one pistol and one "rifle" style. At least 350fps on the pistol with the heavier rounds (.25g and up), and 450fps on the rifle.

It would seem that I want a metal barrel with a quality finish, some amount of metal internals, and a reasonably light trigger pull. Also, one limitation -- my hands are bit on the small side.

It seems that at the very least, to hit the numbers, I'm going to need to upgrade the springs.

What are the good candidate guns? (And accompanying springs?)

Have I missed anything else that I need to consider in my criteria?

Thanks.

I think, for the sort of power you'd be looking for, and the use you have for it, you'd be much better off with .177 pellet guns; that's conversation for a different forum entirely.

ICS polymer is a bad idea. I mean, it would be a good one, but the only issue is that you're buying a plastic gun that uses a lot of proprietary (unique) externals, so if you want to replace the plastic body with a metal one, you're SOL. I'd recommend a G&G Plastica series, and their Combat Machine series are pretty good too, but skip the electric blowback silliness, it just adds extra clanking noise. Also, be careful who you buy from; if you're buying any in-house customs (like the ASGI or Evike G4 or whatever Evike calls theirs), you can probably expect sub-par work on a lot of it, like Evike cross-threading the upper receiver with the rail system (true story, happened to my friend and it sucks).

so the ics plastic series cannot be upgraded to full metal?

so the ics plastic series cannot be upgraded to full metal?

They can be just at a price. Not everyone demands a metal body though. I won't buy any thing that isn't metal anymore but for some people it isn't a must. ICS guns are good to learn how to upgrade and repair on but in the end standard guns hold up better. I am beginning to believe that the split gearbox can lead to more wear on parts. G&G CM guns are becoming the most sought after clone guns. The G4 series is based off of them and from my experience they are rather well done. I have not tried to change anything on one yet so this could lead to my misconception of decent quality.

As for the Cyma that I dealt with I was pleasantly surprised that the FPS wasn't retarded high. Another one of the clone variances. Just depends on the day I guess.

I am also beginning to believe that clones are something to avoid. They last ok and they perform ok, but more and more I am finding myself leaning towards the "higher" end guns for dependability. This however is merely my opinion ha ha.

How are the internals of Classic Army sportline replicas?

My budget for this is 230-250 for an AEG, a battery, a charger, and BBs. I already have eye protection.

I may try out a Javelin AEG and report back to you guys, but that would likely be bad idea for a few reasons. Mainly because the AEG that they rebrand, the APS lineup, was known for poor quality. Although there are rumors that they've improved, no one's verified that.

Edited by defgun

Whatever, we all make mistakes.

I have decided to get one of three series/brands of AEG

1. ICS Sportline- Inexpensive, easy to work on, reliable.

2. Classic Army Sportline- Inexpensive, Supposedly very good internally and externally superb.

3. King Arms M4- Inexpensive, from a highly regarded manufacturer, supposedly quite lifelike.

Comments and suggestions are welcome, as that will help me decide.

Yes in my eyes they fall int a clone category because they are made and sold within that price range IMO. If you do not agree fine. G&G is not a clone brand but I would definitely consider the CM line very similar to something like JG in many ways. Again this is MY OPINION.

ICS is great like I have said. There is many compatibility issue that you should be aware of. There is a wealth of knowledge here about what works and what doesn't.

CA and KA I have very little to no experience with. The KA GBBR rifles are awesome but this is fairly irrelevant. If one brand offers a style you like more that might be a place to start. The ICS uses a non-standard type hop-up (unless you modify a standard one). This might be something to put into consideration. They do make metal bodies but they are harder to find and generally not made in any other color than black or with any different trademarks.

There's no knowledge about the KA yet, so I'll hold off.

Here's my problem though: I have heard that V2 gearboxes fail in cold weather, and I live in Michigan.

About your comment about preferred style, my absolute favorite RS firearm is the F2000. That sucks because G&G costs too much and JLS sucks. Next is the AK. Yesterday, I nearly went mad taking apart the CM028 that I have for plinking, so that rules out most of CYMA's Kalashnikovs due to their TM architecture. That leaves the option of 1. Getting a CM048 or a Dboys AK 2. Getting an Armalite.

The CM048's velocity is a non-issue now, as I have a CYMA GB that shoots 370 on hand. Is the body of the CM048 (primary concerns are the stock tangs and the wood) durable?

DB's poor GB is also a non-issue as I have a CYMA one.

What would be my best bet in this position?

Here are some M4's I'm considering. I'm not big on CQB, so most of the fields will be wooded areas. Budget is around $250 - $300. I chose the M4 due to the availability of parts but would be willing to consider other options.

KWA M4A1 2GX, $300

G&G GR-16 Carbine M4A1, $260

G&P M4 SOPMOD, $250

I guess my main question would be is the KWA worth the extra $40-$50? While it states, "LiPo ready" I'm not sure I'm going with a LiPo as I'd like the gun to last as long as possible. In order of importance I'm looking for: 1) reliability 2) accuracy 3) build quality 4) disassembly ease.

Also, ASGI offers battery combos for the KWA and G&G. However, I'm assuming it's better to go with an aftermarket (like Elite) charger/battery? Thanks in advance!

Or would I be better off going even cheaper and getting something like this:

ASGI G4-A3, $200

Currently out of stock and not a huge fan of the pneumatic blowback (just seems like another part that could break that doesn't do much, but what do I know) but a lot of extras included.

Edited by S197

1. Price Range: $180~ if buying used, $220~ if buying new. Nothing in the upper $200's.

2. Play Style

Mostly new to airsoft (coming from paintball) but I last time I played I was more the run and gun kind of person calling out where the other team is or stay back and shoot more from a distance. I enjoy being able to shoot with accuracy from long distances however. An extremely fast fire rate is not too critical for me, just semi-automatic is fine for me (if it is only semi automatic I will probably get another gun as a 'back up' that has a high rof but less range).

3. Play Area

Old warehouse, abandoned house, woods.

4. Style Preference

Doesn't matter to me. Not a fan of too much plastic, but also not a fan of wood. Really just looking for something that is somewhat light and also accurate at mid-far range, but could also be used at close range if needed.

Looks to see what guns/brand you would recommend, and if you know of one on here or eBay or something, let me know via PM to check it out.

Edited by kkyyllee

For about a year now I've been into the DMR scene. I purchased a pre-upgraded CYMA M14 off the forums and loved it for awhile. Now I am moving on, looking for a new gun to use as my primary. I still wish to be a DMR or maybe even ween myself into sniping. I've narrowed down a few guns but am still very indecisive. I probably won't be purchusing for another month or so but I wish to plan ahead. Here is the guns that I've considered so far:

-WE M14

-WE G39K/E

-Echo 1 ER-25K

-WELL G96

I'm leaning against a bolt action just because I hate the time between shots. My budget is nothing over $350 and it needs to have readily available mags. I play on a paintball field that is on a farm, and will mostly be trying to fire on semi automatic. I don't want to have to put too much work but simple fine tunings are okay. My main goal is to have something that is accurate at almost 200ft or greater out of the box with around 400-500 FPS. If only I had the cash for the Real Sword Dragonov...

On another note, can the WE M14 fit into a CYMA body/stock? I hate wood finishes, I'm not a classical person.

Ok, so I am totally new to this, I have never even shot an airsoft bb before.So I need advice on what to buy.

What I really like is either this: http://www.pyramydair.com/p/crosman-stinge...rsoft-gun.shtml or

this: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Famas_Foreig...soft_Rifle/2345 and I'm not sure which to get, and what ur thoughts on them are. Is there anything I should know about these before I get them? which should I get?

TIA

Price: not really worried about price but I would say no more then $300 for the gun.

Play Style: that would be Sniper (I don't want to here anything about being new and wanting to be a sniper, I have done my research and from my paintball and Military experience that is what im the best at.)

Play Area: backyard, woods, and traveling to airsoft events around the country. (urban, woods, cqb)

Style Preference: I would like my gun to look like the M24 sniper rifle used by the US Army. a spring powered, bolt action sniper rifle.

I have been doing some research on a couple of sniper rifles, the ASGI G700 and the Echo 1 M28. I have also looked at the Javelin M24. I would like something that is out of the box ready with very little, if any upgrades at all. (for now)

I would like peoples opinions who have had personnel use of either of these guns or a buddy of theirs that has used the guns.

id appreciate the help. thanks.

MajGhostWarrior OUT..haha

Price: I was thinking up to 120 including shipping. So you say thats like 140$...I can't really work except for mowing lawns but in the place I live there aren't many people around to mow lawns or anything like that. So I don't know how to make money besides that. I'm just 13 so...

Play Style: Well I have owned a DE (I think) M58B shotgun for almost a year and a Colt M1911 pistol. My friend just gave me his semi/automatic pistol too.

I haven't played in any wars though, I don't know how to set them up with friends that well because where should we do it, and I don't really feel like playing with strangers yet. I think I would like Recon, CQB, or just the person who kind of sits back with an assault rifle but sometimes runs forward. Possibly sniper...oh I don;t know all the jobs look fun.

Play Area: Well I just do small wars 1v1 in my backyard lol. Not very pro areas. Where I would like to play is in the woods or an abandoned building.

Style Preference: I have been looking at some AEGs from JG and CYMA and some other companies (see my thread on the guns), --AK variants are looking good

-M14

-M4/M16s

-MP5s

-Thompson M1A1s

-Galaxy G5K

I kinda want rails but other than that I was just looking for my price range and my FPS range. I want the FPS to be 330+. Or like, shoot 130+ feet. Whatever is good for CQB/Recon/an assault rifle.

Edited by IcyDragon

I keep seeing beginners asking what gun they should get... to keep the forums a bit clearer, I've made this thread.

Either PM me, or post here with your budget, the style of gun you prefer, what you'll be using it for and I (or another member) will help you via PM.

When posting, please following this guideline:

1. Price Range

If you can spend $200, you can spend $220 or $230. If you post a $100 price range then I'm going to assume that you can mow the lawn or work overtime if there's a significantly better gun that you could get from slightly over your budget.

2. Play Style

Almost everyone falls into a certain "role", and their weapon usually reflects that. Read up on what different roles are and what they do here:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/What-s-Role-t27259.html

Note: An M4 or other assault rifle or submachine gun with a box/drum/c-mag is not a "SAW", "Support Gun", or a "Machine Gun".

3. Play Area

Where do you play? In a forest? In an old warehouse? CQB, field, woodland?

4. Style Preference

What model of real-steel weapon do you want your replica to... replicate? Don't be afraid to be specific, but understand that your budget may restrict your options.

If your replica style has to comply with a certain loadout/impression, please list it here.

This is not a thread in which we post and you read; rather, you post and WE read. So go for it, we're here to help!

1. 100-150dollars is what I would like to spend

2. my role, assault? I am a quick thinker and advise where to set up, where the enemy is. im kind of a planner.

3. play area is forest and mountain

4. I like the m4's and ak's but anything that works good for my area and role is fine.

Thanks Preston

I keep seeing beginners asking what gun they should get... to keep the forums a bit clearer, I've made this thread.

Either PM me, or post here with your budget, the style of gun you prefer, what you'll be using it for and I (or another member) will help you via PM.

When posting, please following this guideline:

1. Price Range

If you can spend $200, you can spend $220 or $230. If you post a $100 price range then I'm going to assume that you can mow the lawn or work overtime if there's a significantly better gun that you could get from slightly over your budget.

2. Play Style

Almost everyone falls into a certain "role", and their weapon usually reflects that. Read up on what different roles are and what they do here:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/What-s-Role-t27259.html

Note: An M4 or other assault rifle or submachine gun with a box/drum/c-mag is not a "SAW", "Support Gun", or a "Machine Gun".

3. Play Area

Where do you play? In a forest? In an old warehouse? CQB, field, woodland?

4. Style Preference

What model of real-steel weapon do you want your replica to... replicate? Don't be afraid to be specific, but understand that your budget may restrict your options.

If your replica style has to comply with a certain loadout/impression, please list it here.

This is not a thread in which we post and you read; rather, you post and WE read. So go for it, we're here to help!

1. Price range is $250-$300

2. I like to play the Marksman Role, usually taking precise shots or bursts.

3. We play in a forest area

4. I like the style of some of the m16 style DMR's I like this way this, http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=5319 looks, but I was posting here to see if there are maybe some better options? Ive never used a crane stock battery.

I'd like to have a precise AEG or GBB rifle, but not the slow fire rate of a bolt action.

1. I have about a $300 budget for the gun, although I'd like to save money where I can.

2. I prefer playing as more of a marksman.

3. I generally play in woodland areas.

4. I'm looking for a G36. Not the G36c, as I want something more suited for long range, although I wouldn't be completely opposed to a G36k. Either an AEG or a GBB is fine. I pretty much have it narrowed down to either the WE G39 or the fully licensed H&K G36. I'm open to other suggestions, though, because as I understand it, GBBs require a bit more internal work and aren't great for beginners and the H&K G36 is somewhat out of my price range.