Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

1. I have about a $300 budget for the gun, although I'd like to save money where I can.

2. I prefer playing as more of a marksman.

3. I generally play in woodland areas.

4. I'm looking for a G36. Not the G36c, as I want something more suited for long range, although I wouldn't be completely opposed to a G36k. Either an AEG or a GBB is fine. I pretty much have it narrowed down to either the WE G39 or the fully licensed H&K G36. I'm open to other suggestions, though, because as I understand it, GBBs require a bit more internal work and aren't great for beginners and the H&K G36 is somewhat out of my price range.

Just trying to help you out, have you looked at this? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=6937 seems to be in your price range?

Yeah, I have seen it. As I said, I'm looking for something with a longer barrel, but I might end up getting a G36c anyway.

Ok, I went and looked back at your older post, and I didnt see anything about you looking at a Classic Army. so check this out, http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1115 Its got a longer barrel with the g36 look

Hi I'm new to the airsoft world and I'm getting ready to buy my first guns. I will be playing as an assault gunner in fields or inside a building. I am leaning towards buying a Jg g36c as a primary, but I am open to suggestions. For my primary weapon, I want to stay at or under $130. I am also looking for an electric pistol/sidearm. I want it to be at or under $50 with a good hop up system. High fps would be nice, but it is not a priority. I want a good quality sidearm that will last a long time with little or no modifications. I wouldn't mind a plastic gun, if it is solid and made well. Thanks in advance. :a-grin:

<AT>Arthur- There are many "good" guns within your price range, however the number one thing you ca do is decide what you want. Trust me in saying that ASF can make that rifle into whatever you want. As for a side arm ther are a number of decent electric pistols put there, however yet again decide what style you like!

Time this went to the top again!

Looking to get an M4 setup and HK416 setup. As well as a Glock Carbine

M4 will be used for a jack of all trades almost - from short to long range.

Hk416 will be used for short to mid range.

1. Price Range

Base gun, max. $300-$400 (depends on what the gun includes, etc)

Add on's, depends what.

2. Play Style

Assault/Recon/Combat Sniper (M4), Assault/Recon/CQB/VIP (Hk416), Recon/VIP (Glock/Hera Arms Glock Carbine)

3. Play Area

Mostly will be in the forest. But there's a possibility we might play in abandoned buildings.

4. Style Preference

I am willing to shell out to get as real as possible, I know a couple of companies do "blowback" weapons that try to replicate recoil. I'm not familiar with other options out there, but the more realistic, the better. The following links will provide a general ideal of the "look" I am trying to achieve:

Hk416 inspiration:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/Th...rsoft/HK416.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/Th...ft/IMG_8882.jpg

M4 inspiration:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/Th...62_9657_img.jpg

http://milspecmonkey.com/weapons/colt-6920-ta31-1.jpg

Like the stock on this: http://milspecmonkey.com/weapons/rockriver-UTE2-mid1.jpg

Glock/Glock carbine

No ideas yet, but I am wondering what Glock 18 is best...would like semi and full auto options, extended mags.

The general uniform look I am going for is private military contractor:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/Th...tsciqrph6zj.jpg

something like the above, but supplemented with parts of these uniforms:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/Th...81_738947_n.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg50/Th...d7d3a6Large.jpg

1. Price Range

We'll say upwards of $300 but the cheaper the better. But I don't really expect anything below $200.

2. Play Style

3. Play Area

Forest for now, but interested in everything that isn't too serious. I won't get another gun for a while so ideally something that works in CQB.

4. Style Preference

Actually, I have a pretty specific question. My interest keeps changing but right now I've got my sights on the SIG 552, either the one my TM or ICS. I've watched a fair amount of reviews on both guns and I'm kind of leaning on the ICS (I think the biggest difference I saw from the reviews was that the ICS' functional bolt catch and release), but there's one issue - I'm in Japan, making all things TM much much easier, and also I don't know about the laws of importing airsoft guns; the ICS SIG might not even be allowed here. Anyone know? I suppose that would make my decision easier.

Otherwise, if anyone has something else they want to recommend I check out, I'd be open. I'm not in a hurry to buy this as I have my ubercool TM M16 Spring Rifle... Seriously though I'm not in a rush. Jesus, I feel like this is dripping sarcasm but it's not my intention.

I suppose anything rather unique would be cool, maybe XM8 would be an interesting consideration as well?

Main point: ICS or TM SIG 552, keeping in mind I'm currently living in Japan.

Edited by Helghast

Hey guys I'm trying to find a sniper rifle and I'm tied between these two

CYMA M187

(My cousins has this rifle and it is pretty much silent and has a good range)

WELL MB10

If y'all know of a better sniper rifle with a price no higher than $150 it will be very helpfull.

1. Price Range

We'll say upwards of $300 but the cheaper the better. But I don't really expect anything below $200.

2. Play Style

3. Play Area

Forest for now, but interested in everything that isn't too serious. I won't get another gun for a while so ideally something that works in CQB.

4. Style Preference

Actually, I have a pretty specific question. My interest keeps changing but right now I've got my sights on the SIG 552, either the one my TM or ICS. I've watched a fair amount of reviews on both guns and I'm kind of leaning on the ICS (I think the biggest difference I saw from the reviews was that the ICS' functional bolt catch and release), but there's one issue - I'm in Japan, making all things TM much much easier, and also I don't know about the laws of importing airsoft guns; the ICS SIG might not even be allowed here. Anyone know? I suppose that would make my decision easier.

Otherwise, if anyone has something else they want to recommend I check out, I'd be open. I'm not in a hurry to buy this as I have my ubercool TM M16 Spring Rifle... Seriously though I'm not in a rush. Jesus, I feel like this is dripping sarcasm but it's not my intention.

I suppose anything rather unique would be cool, maybe XM8 would be an interesting consideration as well?

Main point: ICS or TM SIG 552, keeping in mind I'm currently living in Japan.

Definitely TM. Japan has a very strict rule where all airsoft guns must shoot under 1J, and so you are limited to under 328 FPS with a .2g BB. Besides that, the TM will last you longer and most likely have the better range.

Shadow- If you REALLY are determined on a sniper rifle then I would suggest UTG, (I don't have a whole lot of experience though) but under 150 an electric replica will give you the better effectiveness.

Definitely TM. Japan has a very strict rule where all airsoft guns must shoot under 1J, and so you are limited to under 328 FPS with a .2g BB. Besides that, the TM will last you longer and most likely have the better range.

Shadow- If you REALLY are determined on a sniper rifle then I would suggest UTG, (I don't have a whole lot of experience though) but under 150 an electric replica will give you the better effectiveness.

>Messinator< Thanks. I already own an automatic but unfortunetly it has a defecteve mechbox and it would cost me the same to repair it as it would to buy another rifle. I am looking for a sniper with a pistol grip and the two that I picked were the only ones that I saw had good reviews.

Would you mind posting a link of what gun I should get?

Capt. Shadow :a-salute:

Hey all, I'm pretty new to the airsoft thing but looking to get a good AEG. Right now I am looking at a custom JG with tight bore barrel and a few extras, approx 400+ FPS.

I am looking for a quality gun that can fulfill all around use, but especially be accurate for a marksman position. I am mainly looking at M4's but am willing to get something else if it fulfills my needs of range and accuracy. Price range is $300 and I will mostly be playing outdoors in woods and hillside. As far as type of player I am versatile and very all around.

This is what I am looking at right now as it fits all my requirments, but would like to hear from some more experienced players as well, thanks.

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/CUSTOM_PAT...04.htm?CartID=5

<AT>MotoHavoc

The gun you have selected looks like a fairly well rounded rifle package deal, however I might choose to go a different route by purchasing a simple rifle and getting other accessories that will allow you to play a more well rounded game from the start.

I am unsure what you have in the way of tactical gear and such, but I would save the money by getting a standard M4, some extra mags, and a nice tactical kit. This is just a personal beliefe of mine that gear is as important as the gun.

This JG M4 is similar, yet doesn't have all of the off brand crap. This JG CQBR version is closer to what you were looking at and offers you the ability to add some of those accessories later.

Furhtermore you can buy yourself a vest to wear like thiscoupled with some extra magazines like these for ~290 with free shipping or something. A cheaper vest option would further lower your price and leave you well equipped to kick some :censored2:

Lastly a package like this is usable for a long time if you start to get into the sport more and more.

^Thanks for the input zenocide, but I already have the necessary gear and was already going to order a great vest with lots of magazine pockets for rifle's and pistols as well as extra M4 magazines to go with the gun, a lot of ammo, and a smart charger. I want to figure out if this gun is Lipo ready because I would like to get one what is, possible also considering the KWA G36...hmmm decisions, desisions

&lt;AT&gt; Moto

No problem its just hard too know, but I still would probably go ahead and get something like a JG advanced or something like I posted and slowly customize that instead of having a bunch of rebranded mediocre accessories, but in truth that is just my pickyness. One thing you may do is search the galleries one here and find some M4 styles that you like and begin to build a gun with the look you like. Given you may like the look of the gun you linked, but I know you can get better accessories for about the same price.

&lt;AT&gt; Help

Avoid the matrix as the parts have been known to have low quality control and can be great or terrible depending on your luck, and the KWA will put it to shame anyways.

The main suggestion I have to you is decide on the look you like. From there it is much easier because you list encompasses 4 different models that each have their pros and cons. I have a history of suggesting the M4 because of the number number of parts, internal and external, available. Also M4's are so common on the field that when you need too bum a battery or a mag someone is likely to have one.

Hello everyone.. I would like to ask which airsoft weapon should I get. I wouldn't use it for competitions, I would use it for target practice, shooting, etc.

my initial budget would be hovering around $200.

I've been choosing between this 500fps revolver/magnum type handgun wingun revolver co2 8", or a pistol/.45 type handgun with lesser fps.

is 500fps the most powerful handgun out there? can 500 fps destroy coke cans, etc.

what do you think should I choose?

Hello, everybody and anybody. I am new to the world of airsoft, and I realize that I'm coming from a rather unusual position here: I want to buy an airsoft gun for a slightly industrial purpose. To whit, I have a major problem with large, majestic pseudo game-birds wandering onto my property and eating all my pets' food, damaging mosquito screens, and leaving filth everywhere. I am looking into a wide variety of solutions to this problem, and one that came up was scaring them away with an airsoft gun. (a neighbor has had good effect with an old-skool Red Ryder BB gun.)

I want to emphasize that I know absolutely zero about airsoft guns; I've never even touched one before, let alone fired one or compared between two. I beg forgiveness if the answer to some of my questions might be self-evident or absurd. So, to follow the format, here are my needs.

Price Range:

$150-200. I really want to put a hard cap at $200; I'm really not going to use this gun for anything else. If there's something absolutely amazing and perfect for my needs at $210, I'll spring, but I'd prefer to get out at under 200.

Play Style:

Having read up on the different styles, I want to say that the closest play style to my needs is Assault. If I can get something that is basically an airsoft version of an FN-FAL, that'd be aces. I have a very good background with gun safety and familiarity, but my marksmanship is less than aces. I want something that I can easily shoulder up and look down the sights, but at the same time, I want comfortable full-auto or burst, with a large capacity and the option to go with a drum or even a belt. I have no idea if recoil is ever a consideration with airsoft; if the idea of looking down the sights of a rifle and them firing a full-auto burst is preposterous, then I would want something I could put on a tripod, and be Mr. LMG all day long.

Play Area:

Umm, alternating heavy woods/clear ground, with some vertical element 'cuz the ruddy things get up on the roof. I could conceivably set up a machine-gun nest.

Style Preference:

I seriously doubt that I will ever get in a situation where I'll confuse an airsoft gun for one of my real ones (9mm handguns and WWII-vintage bolt-action rifles), but safety is always priority number 1 when it comes to firearms. In light of that, I would be happiest with one that is either a) obviously not a real firearm, having a bright orange finish or made to look like a Flash Gordon raygun or something, or b) is an approximation of a machine gun or something, 'something' in this case meaning 'not an antique WWII-vintage bolt-action rifle.'

Okay, I have done a bit of research, and I understand my needs further.

The big thing, for me, is that it needs to have the lowest possible time between 'dang it, there's a large bird' and 'bam bam bam bam bam,' and the lowest possible maintenance. My plan is to keep this thing by the front/back door, and when an avine crisis emerges, I just grab the thing, five seconds preparation, and go out and plink at them. That, I think, is my highest priority - I do not need a finely-tuned masterpiece that requires having batteries charged up and maintained.

I still want classical long-arm style; I want to look down my sights and take aim, and yet I still want to fire burst or full-auto from this position. Is that unreasonable? I don't want to sound stupid, but I sincerely have no idea.

I am thinking that I want something in a basic spring, and those are apparently MUCH cheaper than the electrical virtuosities? If I can clear this thing in less than $40, say, by buying one of these ( http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-PS-M1-43700.htm ) then that'd be awesome and I'd be very happy.

For basic plinking of a moving target, will a spring rifle be sufficient?

Hey guys im looking for a sniper rifle for my sister. She has seen a Dragonov model and she really likes the look of it.

she would perfer a gun that:

is easy to :censored2:

has a long barrel

a short stock

spring powered

Price: up to $150

She says thanks :a-famerican:

Get her the matrix SVD then. $125 right now on evike and can either be spring powered or gas powered.

If not that then get a cheap L96. They work wonders for the price.

I really don't know anything about airsoft and I only have experience with cheap pump-action pistols and short shotgun looking guns, but looking forward to get into airsoft. I play paintball but paintballs are expensive and I will like to have the airsoft option. Also, I don't know what does the law of my area says about airsoft (I live in Guadalajara, JAL. Mexico) but I don't think there should be any problem, since I have mil-sim looking paintball markers.

1. Price Range

Probably $200-$250 but I will like to keep it cheaper than that for starters. If I really get into the sport I'll like to go expensive. It's okay if you show me a $300 gun.

2. Play Style

Probably Assault.

3. Play Area

Wooded area, sometimes abandoned house.

4. Style Preference

AK styles are my favorite styles, better if it is AEK-971 or AK-102. I also like xM8, SCAR (either L or H is good) or ACR.

Also, are there different bb's calibers? because I think I have seen at least two different calibers (2mm and 6mm I think, and I think I can only buy form the 2mm).

Hello there, as my name suggests I am new to airsofting but am trying it out. I havent had much experience with any gun. The gun will be used mostly for target practice but might be used for airsoft matches further down the road. I want something with a higher fps (doesnt have to be EXTREMEly high). The gun price has to include a scope, possibly a bipod but not necessarily needing one.

1. Price range:

Around $200 but if there is something better for cheaper please let me know

2. Play style:

Sniper, again im new so any but mainly sniping.

3. Play area:

Urban, neighborhood, outdoors only

4. Style Preference:

sniper with a longer barrel, good stock(not metal but a sturdy plastic), spring powered.

I was looking into the tsd sd97 and it looked alright but I have no idea because I don't have much experience. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank god for this thread!

I’m an experienced paintballer who has started playing at a local indoor airsoft facility during the winter months. I’ve been using the rentals (M4’s) which feel freaking huge. I want to pick up a high quality SMG because I hate stocks, tend to run forward a lot and will frequently switch hands when shooting.

I like the MP5K but they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

So are my requirements:

-MUST have an FPS under 350. This is strictly enforced!

-I’ll mostly be shooting 80ft on semi auto.

-No stock or a stock that can be removed. I’ll consider a bull pup if it’s very short.

-Mag size of at least 50 or so.

-Good quality. I won’t be upgrading. Just want the thing to consistently work.

Price is not an issue but prefer to stay under $400.

Any advice is greatly appreciated because I'm simply lost with the number of options out there.

Budget

$150-$250. The price also includes with a smart charger

Style

G36, M4, M16, M4-A1, AKM, AK47, AK74u

FPS/RPM

350-450 fps. I want something that is accurate and will hit hard!

RPM doesn't matter to me

Durability & Performance

I want something with at much metal as possible. I want something that is solid and will hold up for 1-2 years.

Thanks!