to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Kavurcen

Which Gun Question?

There's a place called "Pacific Rim Airsoft Ltd"

Address:‎

11870 Des Moines Memorial Dr

Seattle, WA 98168

Take the "SEATTLE-BAINBRIDGE ISLAND FERRY".

Failing that, you can take the bus south to;

"Adrenaline Airsoft"

8012 S Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA‎ - (253) 584-1982‎

The first option is only 59 minutes, the other option is an hour and twenty minutes.

Barrel length won't do much, and ironically enough, I hear Type 89 mags fit way better. If you're in to L85's, though, you could get a STAR. Some of them are still available, and going for dirt cheap at ehobby and WGC. STAR is an amazing manufacturer. It would be more expensive than the Army, but if you can in any way possible muster the extra cash, I urge you to do it, even if you have to baby sit that vile neighbor's eight year old kid (believe me, there's one in every neighborhood. If you disagree, you just haven't been unfortunate enough to meet it yet.) Anyway, those STAR's are great quality (better than anything on your list). They're made by a "Premium" company, which not only is a guarantee of better quality, but also of more respect. The F2000 is good, though there are the ups and downs. It's got a nice ROF, but parts support is weak, some of its parts are abnormal, the tappet plate is crazy weak (idk if it's replaceable), and it only works out-of-the-box with hicaps.

Keep in mind that all mags are replaceable, so "massive-cap mag" shouldn't be much of a pro. Also, the CPW is a monstrosity. People will ridicule you. I am a firm believer in the fact that tacticool AK's are reasonable, but that takes it too far even for me. It's internals are that of the CM028, so it's quality is nothing special. It is practical, though, in one respect; if an enemy sniper sees it while sighted in on you, the subsequent vomit attack would probably throw off his or her aim.

If you want zoom, it should be 1-4x. 3-9 would be horrible. Check on ehobby for scopes.

Here's a STAR L85A2 (AMAZING): http://www.wgcshop.com/ (Follow link and search "STAR-AEG-L85A2")

Really Cool thanks for that. Complimentary smileys... :mrt::a-cool::a-laugh::a-blushing:

haha, sorry for the double post, this is a couple days later and I couldn't edit the post.

Couple more questions.

Would the CM028 be a good gun? Must look nicer lol.

Next, would you recommend getting a zoom scope? Any recommended scopes?

Finally, would I need to get a picatinny rail for certain scopes?

haha, sorry for the double post, this is a couple days later and I couldn't edit the post.

Couple more questions.

Would the CM028 be a good gun? Must look nicer lol.

Next, would you recommend getting a zoom scope? Any recommended scopes?

Finally, would I need to get a picatinny rail for certain scopes?

sry typing from phone

cm is a great gun for beginners. I recommend nc star 1x red dot. you need a rail... google ak dust cover mount

I want to get a new sniper.

I've been using my buddy's super9 for a few years, and I have a fullmetal m14 thats pretty decent, but I want to try a new gun.

I'll be using it for milsim skirmishes, engaging targets from about 30-150 feet.

im looking to spend.. in the neighborhood of about 150 dollars on this gun.

and I don't need anyone to tell me to spend more money.. thats not what I'm asking.

thanks.

First of all, a sniper rifle is a gun, the sniper is the person. And to be honest you shouldn't be "sniping" people from 30 feet. That's a bit close for comfort, if you ask me.

The Bar-10 is fine. However if you want something a bit more solid feeling, with better performance out of the box, you should go with the UTG L96 (or the Well, the UTG is its rebrand).

<AT> A.mads!

I don't think you will get banned because you made a topic that wasn't supposed to exist. Just ask a mod to delete it.

I posted here a page back, and I figured I should get the G&G GR-16. However, I saw the D-Boys Scar and I really like the gun. My problem is that everyone already has a m4/m16, and while I do like the look of them, I don't want to add to the masses of people that already have one. But I also want a gun that will last a while. So my question for you is, will the D-boys last long enough to upgrade, or is the G&G Gr-16 really worth the extra 10 dollars. Also, what is lacking in the D-Boys, so if I get it, I can fix those parts.

Edited by Endoxis

Well I've been looking at TM GBB's. Which one is the best for the value? Also, what are the chances of a gun being halted and being defaced (trademark removal etc.) or confiscated by customs*?

*If I ordered with ehobby, is the money saved worth the risk?

Edited by Hobosaur

You generally don't want a TM as a first gun.

You should really start out with a less expensive brand such as Echo1 or JG.

Also, if your ordering with E-hobby, the risk is non-existent basically if your getting a marui.

I'm not a newbie, I have two other guns. Which one is best for the value?

I'm not a newbie, I have two other guns. Which one is best for the value?

Just because you have two other guns doesn't make you not a newbie, what kind of guns do you have?

Well seeing as E1 and JG are not in the awesomeness of GBB pistols, and there isn't really a middle priced gbb worth anything, a tm is a perfect first gas blow back pistol gun.

Just because you have two other guns doesn't make you not a newbie, what kind of guns do you have?

I have a UTG L96 and a Galaxy MP5K/PDW. I would plan on upgrading my l96 to a TBB and a better hop-up before buying the Tokyo Marui. I know about airsoft guns, trust me. I'm just not sure which Tokyo Marui Gas Blow Back Airsoft pistol is the most reliable and cost effective, and I would really like to know the answer to that question.

Looking for an AEG under or around $150. I like the M4 style and have been looking at this: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_Full...e_p/db-5181.htm

Opinions on that gun and also that site?

Just a heads up, I've never played before, so I am not looking to spend $400 on a gun right now. I played paintball for seven or eight years, so I know that you really get what you pay for,

which is why I am looking for suggestions. :) I heard that DBoys was a decent company and the all metal construction was appealing. There are a lot of guys around here who play in parks

and private land, with police permission, so it will most likely be an "in the open" kind of weapon.

Also fond of the looks of this gun as well. I know it is over what I said my price range was, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. :)

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/JG_Steyr_A..._p/jg-0450a.htm

Edited by Slafav

G&G Combat machine m4

9.6v battery

Smart Charger

then some .23g bbs and your set. this gun is a great preformer and reliable. It also offers a great upgrade platform if you get really into airsoft and want to upgrade the gun. also free shipping from that website and 10% off any order with the code tim.

also that aug you linked is good too.

Edited by nickrowe

I like the thought of an all metal body because it makes it feel less like a toy in my opinion. If it doesn't really matter then let me know. Any opinions on the M4 I posted. I really appreciate

suggestions but was also wondering about makers like DBoys, JG, etc.

Also found http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_Full...e_p/db-3881.htm

I like having the rails on the forgrip instead of the full cylindrical plastic forgrip.

EDIT: Budget is up to $200, if it makes a difference in gun recommendations.

Edited by Slafav

Agh, so many choices. I'm looking for something that will perform well stock, can be upgraded in a few months to an accuracy and rof setup, and will not break the bank (under $250). What I'm considering so far is this, along with the drawbacks to each.

agm mp44: rof is slow, not many parts available.

g&g l85: price is a bit too high. if only there was an l85 under 250, or even 300...

g&g plastica mp5a4: no high caps above 200 rounds, not exactly ideal for a rof setup.

g&g ump: a bit small, not great for long range. otherwise not a bad choice imo

echo 1 scar: how high can the rof go on this? might be a good option

what else is there that I have not considered? I'd like to stay away from M4/16's, if possible, and any AK series as well. I just don't like the look of those.

Alrighty then, as a start I'd definitely like to thank Kuvercen! He'd suggested to me a great weapon back in really early July, the G&G M16A3. I haven't done any upgrades yet, because I'm currently primarily using it as a CQC weapon than a field weapon. Why? Well because today, I come looking for a good field weapon, hopefully saving more money with the purchase than upgrading the M16A3 leaving me with no CQC weapon. So, let's start.

What am I looking for?

I'm looking for a field weapon (Which means a medium to long-range combat weapon. One that is used outdoors and is durable). So, something with some very nice range, FPS, and is easily upgradable will do.

Budget

Alright, so let's begin with the cash. I won't go any lower than $75 dollars because anything under that is absolute crap. I won't go over $300 dollars either (Try to maintain at least around $200 dollars. The $300 is just my maximum, that doesn't mean I want to get close to it. I will if I have to though).

Style

As the same with last time, I will not purchase any AK variants or what is dubbed to be "Terrorists" weapons. Basically Chinese, Russian, and Middle East manufactured looking weapons. I'd like to stick with American (And Allied, especially German) weapon designs such as H&K, and the M4/M16 series. That'd basically be it, so same as last time.

FPS/RPM

For the FPS, I'm looking into something that is 350-450 or more (Not exceeding the 550 FPS limit though because beyond that it becomes to dangerous). Try to keep it well within the 350-450 FPS though because the higher it raises, the more costy it gets, and it's hard to find AEGs with 450 or more FPS anyways without upgrading. I'd like a gun that could easily be upgraded though so I can increase it's FPS if I'd like (Preferably don't want to increase the FPS by upgrading though, would like to try to find a high powered one as it is). I'll also except 330 FPS if upgrading comes to an absolute need-be. Nothing under 300, not even 300 itself. That's definitely not exceptable for field play, hardly CQC.

For RPM, well I don't need an exact RPM but would like it to have full-auto as well as semi-auto selections for it (Or even burst, though that usually requires modding) so the RPM rate on it would be higher. That'd be all here.

Durability & Performance

Been looking into full metal/metal body airsoft guns lately so would like to stick to that. I will not accept it if it's full plastic (Even if it's the stronger common ABS plastic). I do a lot of sprinting, rolls, and dives during my airsoft fights as I like to get up-close-and-personal. I bang my airsoft guns a bit (But take very high care with them and tend to them as needed) so something that can get hit once or twice in a day's skirmish. Example: I roll and it drags on the ground a bit/take coves against a wall and it clanks against it.

I like to have my aisoft guns with a high performance since my tastes are a bit more moderate to expensive. So something that won't wear out and is always promising in a firefight. Would be nice if it can shoot at least a 100 feet, no less than that. Would be happy if it could go 200 feet or more while still hitting a man sized target since I enjoy field play skirmishes. I'm not a woodsman player, more so around the plains so it's a big open area. Just try to maintain 150-175+ feet on average.

And as a last note, I would like to see it from Classic Army. I absolutely love them. G&G alright I suppose too, will be excepting of them. Some other brands are fine, just not Crossman or Firepower. I hate them. But in the end, thanks for putting your time into this. Hope something comes up!

Edited by Riley Hass

Alrighty then, as a start I'd definitely like to thank Kuvercen! He'd suggested to me a great weapon back in really early July, the G&G M16A3. I haven't done any upgrades yet, because I'm currently primarily using it as a CQC weapon than a field weapon. Why? Well because today, I come looking for a good field weapon, hopefully saving more money with the purchase than upgrading the M16A3 leaving me with no CQC weapon. So, let's start.

What am I looking for?

I'm looking for a field weapon (Which means a medium to long-range combat weapon. One that is used outdoors and is durable). So, something with some very nice range, FPS, and is easily upgradable will do.

Budget

Alright, so let's begin with the cash. I won't go any lower than $75 dollars because anything under that is absolute crap. I won't go over $300 dollars either (Try to maintain at least around $200 dollars. The $300 is just my maximum, that doesn't mean I want to get close to it. I will if I have to though).

Style

As the same with last time, I will not purchase any AK variants or what is dubbed to be "Terrorists" weapons. Basically Chinese, Russian, and Middle East manufactured looking weapons. I'd like to stick with American (And Allied, especially German) weapon designs such as H&K, and the M4/M16 series. That'd basically be it, so same as last time.

FPS/RPM

For the FPS, I'm looking into something that is 350-450 or more (Not exceeding the 550 FPS limit though because beyond that it becomes to dangerous). Try to keep it well within the 350-450 FPS though because the higher it raises, the more costy it gets, and it's hard to find AEGs with 450 or more FPS anyways without upgrading. I'd like a gun that could easily be upgraded though so I can increase it's FPS if I'd like (Preferably don't want to increase the FPS by upgrading though, would like to try to find a high powered one as it is). I'll also except 330 FPS if upgrading comes to an absolute need-be. Nothing under 300, not even 300 itself. That's definitely not exceptable for field play, hardly CQC.

For RPM, well I don't need an exact RPM but would like it to have full-auto as well as semi-auto selections for it (Or even burst, though that usually requires modding) so the RPM rate on it would be higher. That'd be all here.

Durability & Performance

Been looking into full metal/metal body airsoft guns lately so would like to stick to that. I will not accept it if it's full plastic (Even if it's the stronger common ABS plastic). I do a lot of sprinting, rolls, and dives during my airsoft fights as I like to get up-close-and-personal. I bang my airsoft guns a bit (But take very high care with them and tend to them as needed) so something that can get hit once or twice in a day's skirmish. Example: I roll and it drags on the ground a bit/take coves against a wall and it clanks against it.

I like to have my aisoft guns with a high performance since my tastes are a bit more moderate to expensive. So something that won't wear out and is always promising in a firefight. Would be nice if it can shoot at least a 100 feet, no less than that. Would be happy if it could go 200 feet or more while still hitting a man sized target since I enjoy field play skirmishes. I'm not a woodsman player, more so around the plains so it's a big open area. Just try to maintain 150-175+ feet on average.

And as a last note, I would like to see it from Classic Army. I absolutely love them. G&G alright I suppose too, will be excepting of them. Some other brands are fine, just not Crossman or Firepower. I hate them. But in the end, thanks for putting your time into this. Hope something comes up!

Riley Hass, why does it matter what the FPS is?

The plastic body in the linked Combat machine is very strong even though its good to have a metal body your going to get better preformance out of the combat machine then with the dboys. but if a metal body is really that important to you then dboys is a good choice for a m4.

Riley Hass. ive heard good things about the A&K SR-25 and 300 series. look into them.

Riley Hass, maybe look at the JG G36 series? They're great starter guns. The G36c, G36k and the basic G36 are $125, and the G36e with the 3x magnifying sight and a bipod is $150. Internally they are both the same and shoot around 320-340 FPS once the spring has been broken in. The accurate range for the guns is about 125-150 feet with the hopup adjusted right. You could also use it for CQC if the need arose since it has a folding stock. The gun plus a high-grade 9.6v battery and a smart charger will cost you about $190, and you can buy box sets of 5 100 round magazines for $50 and if you want some more range you can get a new hopup bucking and nub for $7 and $5 respectively, and if you want a tightbore barrel(which also slightly boosts FPS) will be $30-$65. I would also suggest having it professionally reshimmed and regreased, precision shims are $5 a set.

Alright, thanks guys! I'll look into all the suggested, and see what I can come up with. With what the prices you've named, I might just be able to buy two (Though, I should save for upgrades if the moment arises).

Anyways, to answer your question Clark, FPS mainly determines it's range and stopping power in most cases. I'd prefer to have a more powerful gun in my hands (Not to powerful, don't want to severaly hurt or injure someone) and something that can have it's shooting distance increased. Per-say, the average 400 FPS assault rifle AEG's can shoot up to usually close to 200 feet while using .20s or .23s and still maintains it's FPS. It's complicated I guess, I base things off of my opinion.

ASGI doesn't carry the Combat Machine or Plastica anymore, you'll have to order it somewhere else.

Really, where did you hear/read that?

I'm having trouble Deciding between the Jing Gong (JG) MP5 A4 and A5. I know the only difference is the stock but I'm not sure if I'm going to need the stock. Is the collapsable stock the way to go?

A4:http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M5A4-070.htm

A5:http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-JG-M5A5-069.htm

yeah the a4 is the best way but I would save up a little bit more because the jg mp5 series isnt the best. if you want a good gun around that price you can get there g36 that is actually pretty good

also evike does have free shipping with there code and I have a coupon code summer15 for 15% off. see saved you some money

yeah the a4 is the best way but I would save up a little bit more because the jg mp5 series isnt the best. if you want a good gun around that price you can get there g36 that is actually pretty good

also evike does have free shipping with there code and I have a coupon code summer15 for 15% off. see saved you some money

I was thinking about the G&G MP5 as one of my options. It's $170.00 on airsplat.

I was thinking about the G&G MP5 as one of my options. It's $170.00 on airsplat.

Don't go to airsplat. They're really bad.

I've heard that, but I've yet to try them. I'll probably try using their site at least once.

If you wanna risk it go ahead, but if I was you I would stay far away from them.