JaysonP

CA SLR-105 freezing in semi-auto

I had the great opportunity to pick up a CA SLR-105 yesterday for $100. I jumped on it. The gun is in great condition with only two things wrong. First, two bolts are missing that hold the bottom of the stock in place. So if anyone knows where I can buy the body screws, it would be appreciated.

Second, when going to shoot- if you switch directly from safe to semi (two notches, unlike most guns), the gun will attempt to shoot but freeze up halfway through the cycle. You have to switch it to automatic and fire a burst, then switch back and you can shoot semi from there on out.

I'm curious what this could be. I have never had this issue with my TM Sig 550 or my TM G36. I'm thinking it might be a motor issue. Or the gun needs a high output battery pack.

Suggestions? Comments? Concerns? Any help is appreciated.

That semi thing is just a trigger quirk, nothing that really can be fixed since it's cycling fine on auto.

For the screws, go to lowe's and pick out a couple different ones and try them out, it's cheapest and easiest.

That semi thing is just a trigger quirk, nothing that really can be fixed since it's cycling fine on auto.

For the screws, go to lowe's and pick out a couple different ones and try them out, it's cheapest and easiest.

For the screws, I agree. Just go to a hardware store and find the right size.

As for the semi thing, it sounds like an electrical thing. Probably the trigger contacts just need to be cleaned. On semi the circuit is completed just once really quickly so only one shot is fired. Since you say it attempts to shoot but locks up, it sounds like they're barely making contact- just enough to complete the circuit instantaneously so that the gearbox is put in motion, but it's not enough current to complete the cycle. Therefore your gearbox locks up. It's the same on some guns if you half-pull the trigger, you can lock up the mechbox (and then you have to switch to full auto to unlock it).

To fix it you can try cleaning your contacts, get lower-resistance wiring/switch assembly, get a higher output battery, or a stronger motor.