I need a clarification. Which brand's AK line is better? And please cite examples leading to your conclusion. I want to see if me or my friend/teammate is right.

I bought my brother a JG Ak47 and externally it looks very cheap. However it performs a lot better than I was expecting. Gets better range than my stock TM P90. ROF isn't bad either.

The CYMA AK is probably better though. Especially externally.

I have both. I disliked the the JG so much I took it out of my sig.

I can't speak for the Dboys but they would be hard pressed to beat the new CYMAs with full metal, real wood, tightbores, and m120s........

Why are CYMA's considered MPEGs even? They're great.

Edited by Duck7575

I own a few dif ak's. two cymas, a spare parts ak with a d-boys gearbox, and an ics with an upgraded jg gearbox

out of the three types the only things internally that I would say that are nicer about the d-boys and jg gearboxes is that they run a little bit quieter than the stock cyma. but the cyma is just better quality for cheaper

Edited by Dusti69

cyma, I have had the cyma cm 028 for 1 2/5 of a year (will be two in November) and have recently brocken it (only the wiring(my fault)) the only thing I have had to replace was the piston and shims(two months ago)!!!!!!!!!! 6 out of 5 stars best gun for $100

Edited by wybot360

I need a clarification. Which brand's AK line is better? And please cite examples leading to your conclusion. I want to see if me or my friend/teammate is right.

CYMA's ak line is gold. The things simply don't break. Performance ain't too shabby either, their cm.035 is incredible for it's size. But yeah, the prformance is also wa better than jg

If you want an MPEG AK and you are focusing mainly on externals and will upgrade the gearbox yourself, D-Boys/Kalash is the way to go.

If your leaving it stock without a doubt get a Cyma. The internals are fantastic for the money. And if you get their newest AKM (cm.048m) it has a steel body and the best stock AK wood I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. If you can afford it I recommend it over any D-Boys.

CYMA by far. JG calls their guns "full metal" but only uses full metal on the outside. They use tons of plastic internals which are even worse than plastic externals. I have an Echo 1 Red Star AKM(235$) which is basically a rebranded CYMA CM048(180$) and it is fabulous. Only problem is that it shot 440 FPS out of the box which is far to much for any parks. They usually have a 400 FPS limit. So I had an m110 spring installed so it now shoots 375 FPS. Never buy a gun just because of high FPS, FPS is not everything, if you have a tightbore barrel and a good hop up unit your gun can be great with only 330 FPS or so. Having a powerful high FPS spring in your gun can bad for the internals because the spring is in the gearbox and if it slams that hard it can be very bad for the gearbox. I would highly recommend a high quality m4 over an ak though. M4s are way easier to take apart and all around more compatible with everything. If in doubt go with an m4(airsoft gi customs are affordable and good) :a-cool:

I definitely agree, CYMA AK's are amazing value for the money, they will rival guns twice their price. I ran my old Cyma AK-47, I think it was one of the cheaper AK's with plastic body and such, so externally it was kinda meh. Internally it was built like a tank though. Strong steel gears, 7mm steel bushings, very strong piston, good compression, the gearbox was just good overall. Let me put it like this, I used internals from my CYMA AK-47 to improve my G&G AK-104. The hop-up chamber was one, the CYMA chamber was just better, better performance, better feeding, just better. I removed 90% of the G&G internals, G&G AK's aren't that great hehe.

Good luck breaking a CYMA AK. My buddies and I had one for three years, ran it on 8.4v to 10.8v batteries its whole life. Those things are literally indestructible and for the price, you can't go wrong. Dboys have nicer externals, so if you want to pay a little more, grab one of those. Want something for casual skirmishes, a Cyma is going to be perfect :a-thumbsup:

CYMA!!!! My bro has a JG AK 74 thingy and it's just complicated all around. And it came with a puny mag. And I broke it by stubbing my toe on it. And it's as accurate as a nerf gun past about 10 feet. I used the Cyma and cried in joy. It's actual full metal, has imitation wood(better than the rubberized plastic grips on the JG), and I actually hit something withit past 10 feet! No doubt, get the Cyma.

I did a lot of online research before I bought an AK. I ended up getting a CYMA cm048. I would recommend it over pretty much anything other than a full custom gun. Real wood, full metal inside and out, high torque motor, m120 spring. CYMA was already known to make good AKs and when they came out with the new models (cm03x, cm04x, cm05x) they made them even better by including things that people usually do as an upgrade. The cm02x line of CYMA AKs is there budget line. I've heard they are OK but the construction and performance is nothing like the cm048.

While doing my research I didn't find any bad reviews of CYMA AKs. Definitely check out YouTube reviews of all the models you're considering. And don't just look at reviews from the major stores. They are trying to sell you a gun so they won't give it a bad review. They do tend to explain more about the gun than independent reviews though because they have experience and access to a lot of guns to compare.

Also look at some repair and upgrade videos for each model. That'll give you a good idea of possible weak points.

I did a lot of online research before I bought an AK. I ended up getting a CYMA cm048. I would recommend it over pretty much anything other than a full custom gun. Real wood, full metal inside and out, high torque motor, m120 spring. CYMA was already known to make good AKs and when they came out with the new models (cm03x, cm04x, cm05x) they made them even better by including things that people usually do as an upgrade. The cm02x line of CYMA AKs is there budget line. I've heard they are OK but the construction and performance is nothing like the cm048.

While doing my research I didn't find any bad reviews of CYMA AKs. Definitely check out YouTube reviews of all the models you're considering. And don't just look at reviews from the major stores. They are trying to sell you a gun so they won't give it a bad review. They do tend to explain more about the gun than independent reviews though because they have experience and access to a lot of guns to compare.

Also look at some repair and upgrade videos for each model. That'll give you a good idea of possible weak points.

From personal experience, JG all the way. I personally own a JG AK variant, and it performs better than a lot of $250+ dollar guns. Full metal receiver, and some very tough metal/plastic alloy material for the upper. Over 400 fps out of the box, amazing rof, and even though it was the very first AEG I ever bought, it's still going strong, and will still scare the $hit out of noobs. I still use it a lot, even though I've moved on to bigger and better things. It's my trusty back-up gun. Oh, and did I mention it was $110?

I've never owned a CYMA, because I've always associated them with mediocre performance since witnessing a friend's experience with one of their m4s. However, seeing the overwhelming support they have here, I wouldnt mind trying one.

To those that are bringing up D-boys, just don't. All they make are $hitty guns, they're pretty much a joke in my airsoft circle because of all the cheap garbage we got from them starting out.

QUOTE (Sticky &lt;AT&gt; Jul 29 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Plus, all the JG AK's are tacticool, thus horribly stupid looking. CYMA actually makes legit AKs, which are IMO the nicest clone guns on the market.Huh? http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...&weight_to=

Why the hate on variants? They're the only AKs I'll ever use, and metal beats wood, every time. The only ones that use wood AKs are the fricking Taliban. ISIS can have their $hitty wood AKs.

real contractors and like 90% of militaries around the world(I don't like the 47 either but its just an example) use wood aks, and what you meant by metal beating wood is wrong in two ways. There are no aks with metal grips, I think you meant polymer and no, polymer does not beat wood as you can use wood and have it look fantastic while worn while polymer looks butt ugly and plain stupid. The only battleworn look you can accomplish with polymer is an old paintjob where it wears down and you get that tan on black thing that everyone likes while with the wood you can re stain it to any color you'd like and mess with it from there. Polymer isn't even customizable, all you can do is get a 47 and attach useless things to it like a forward grip or a laser or a red dot or those silly little flashing lights that activate when you shoot like a dollar store kids toy.

Lasers give away your position when its on, completely useless out on the field as most shine at close ranges where all you'd need to do is hipfire and long range ones would just scream shoot over here because their so bright.

Grips, try holding the wood because its actually balanced well enough so that its as good as literally every alternative attachments or better so its just a weight increase for the same groupings and usability.

Red dots, learn to use irons because its simply a distraction and it is nowhere nearly as accurate as some well adjusted ak sights, especially ones that have colored markings.

and flashlights don't need rails lol.

cyma for a budget(you can get some on AMS for legit 100 bucks shipped while waiting for the right time for the best discount)

E&L for quality, get one off redwolfairsoft.com only as they have some of the best prices there, guges knows about a different link but I can never remember it.

G&G is obsolete when E&L is on the market

Dboys is obsolete when E&L is on the market

LPEGS are 100% pointless as waiting for the right time leads to the best discount on an amazing aeg mankind has ever seen(an aeg that has great internals, ok externals and costs less than 90% of the viable lpeg options out there)

LCT is a thing I guess, tokyo maruis are a waste of money and probably time as their aks shoot like 300 out of the box so you have to buy some more parts for a gun that already is like 300 bucks.