to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gcommando36

Most Effective camo

most effective camo in woods  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What camo do you think is most effective

• Woodland Digital
    • ACU
    • MARPAT
    • CADPAT
    • Digital
    • 3 Color Desert
    • 6 Color Desert
    • Realtree
    • Alpenflage
    • Tiger Stripe
    • Woodland
    • Desert
    • OD
    • Multicam
    • Other

Guest Gcommando36

What do you think the most effective camo is when playing in woods. I have to say woodland digital or Multicam.

Depends on the "woods" and the type of vegetation. Even in my state it varies by area.

But yeah I've found the following to work really well. Tigerstripe, woodland, Marpat, and Multicam.

Multicam seems to be a pretty good all around camo for most terrains that I've encountered. Unfortunately it seems to be the one camo alot of airsoft hosts don't allow because it's hard to tell which team they are on.

It depends on your type of woods. Where I play, the woods are not very dense (lots of redwood trees), and there is a lot of red/browns and dark greens. There isn't a very effective camo where I play, but I put OD because it works well and is very versatile.

MULTICAM

proof:

I was prone in some medium grass and two opposite players walk no more than 20 feet right in front of me.

2nd proof:

Next to a tree prone in a woodland setting. Ref was standing next to me (3 feet) and I fired and he jumped because he didn't see me.

Multicam works extremely well on our field in the summer. Lots of green from the leaves, but the ground is still brown from dirt and dead leaves of previous year.

Dude, I can always find you at OA matches because of your 'Cam bottoms, lol. I find it a little too tan there. Not sure about the SOG field, though.

I prefer MARPAT, CADPAT, and NATO Woodland.

The only way I can see ACU working in a forest is if its all Birch trees, winter, or by dirty you meant absolutely covered in swamp muck from head to toe, obscuring the ACU pattern completely.

no not obscured completely, when you roll around in dirt in acu and darken the colors a little it becomes very effective its so good that I wonder if that is why the army chose acu

46146762.png

Edited by serano

no not obscured completely, when you roll around in dirt in acu and darken the colors a little it becomes very effective its so good that I wonder if that is why the army chose acu

It still fails, they've been told to get a new uniform for Afghanistan.

Guest masterdestroyer

when I play in forests in my area, its full of vegetation, EVERYTHING is green. woodland is pretty good there.

but I'm not exagerating when I say everything is green, you would be good if you wore an light green shirt and dark green pants(or vice versa).

Russian flora is where its at.

Oh, hell yeah.

I have a RD-54 in Flora and I'm getting some M1's as soon as possible.

BTW, Zed, that pic is great but a bit flawed. Note how most people are exposed while the MC guy has brush up to his waist.

Guest masterdestroyer
In green vegetation I'm using the danish M84

danish-princess-mary-military-training.jpg

Girls play airsoft in France!?

It depends on your type of woods. Where I play, the woods are not very dense (lots of redwood trees), and there is a lot of red/browns and dark greens. There isn't a very effective camo where I play, but I put OD because it works well and is very versatile.

Use flecktarn, it works wonders in areas like that...

flecktarn_2.jpeg

Use flecktarn, it works wonders in areas like that...

flecktarn_2.jpeg

For me, when I was in the Army. The choice was made for me (obviously), so it was woodland camo. During the Gulf, it was the old chocolate chip desert pattern.

Now that I play a game ( a very cool one).

I go with what looks cool. Looking cool make you effective. :a-laugh: so that's the most effective pattern (whatever looks cool).

Flecktarn looks very cool.......therefore very effective. I might have to change my uniform. ;-)

-Mitch

Edited by pullmyfinger

I just repeat same it depends on woods. AND not only it depends how well you understand what you wear and where you can hide whit your outfit. On ex with woodland you can hide on fallen leaves but not on grass. Maybe grass is just few meters away same forest. Also I believe that MARPAT is more hype than really good thing. Soviet style uniform with those scraps works MUCH better IMO.

leshy_bigpicture.jpg

But this is also like apple vs tomato arguing, Who is better?

Edited by ProzacR

Pacific NW area I find CADPAT to be the best with all the green undergrowth and darker areas it works very well much better than anything else I have seen. Italian vegetata Digital also works wonders up here.

So many people wear Multi Cam and Marpat it has become rather easy to spot and both patterns are a little light for the greens of our woods.

Guest Dpearrow

46146762.png

LOLing hard at the butttstock resting on his chin. what a nub.