osu5312

Is this video right?

I didn't even watch the video, but no. I'm pretty sure airsoft started in Japan. I don't know the whole history of airsoft, though most classics originated in Asia, and then AEG's started with Tokyo Marui in Japan. Hell, most of airsoft still is in Japan, the US hardly makes any airsoft items (if any??).

I think that when my dad was little they had these airsoft guns that sold for thirty dollars in the stores you loaded the fake bullets with a bb then put them in a mag put that in the pistol and pushed the slide forward to :censored2: the gun. The when you pulled the trigger the bb would fire and the slide would go back ejecting the fake bullet.

...US has had airsoft for a while (not before japan)...we just didnt consider it airsoft

but we also had something much more crappy...by mattel that was a cap gun that fired rubber pellets..not airsoft...also Edison Giocatolli and italian toy company made a gun that shot rubber pellets...not airsoft...We had bb guns.....not airsoft. also I remember playing with Zebra guns....not airsoft but it still had the same 6mm bbs.....but they were crappy.

Edited by fog92

Guest Whorify

airsoft, before it was called airsoft started in japan in the 70-80's, airsoft barely showed up here in the 90's. about the same time Tokyo Marui started making AEG's

I agree with everything but 2 things.

1) Bang Bang rule is BS, no one follows that. EVER. And if you do, your a fool.

2) Blind fire is a part of mil-sim. This is a sport, in sports people have fun but they can also get hurt. Thing is, if you don't wanna get hurt, stay at home and play COD4. Simply put. Blind fire spam is bad, but blind fire in general, its part of mil sim.

2) Blind fire is a part of mil-sim. This is a sport, in sports people have fun but they can also get hurt. Thing is, if you don't wanna get hurt, stay at home and play COD4. Simply put. Blind fire spam is bad, but blind fire in general, its part of mil sim.

I didn't watch the rest of the vid, I was only interested in the begining.

Um... really? Everywhere I've ever played has observed safety kill rules, and every location I've ever played at has also had a "no blind fire" rule.

Also, blind fire is not a part of milsim. In very few circumstances in a combat zone could you stick your around a corner and be completely invulnerable from that direction. Bullets penetrate, BBs don't. In a real combat environment, if someone did that, more likely than not, the response would be to shoot the wall next to the gun and kill the shooter.

Bang rules usually depend on where you play. If somebody is standing there with a gun in your face and they say "bang", are you going to be like "no, you can't call bang rules!"? Because if so, you deserve to be shot. If somebody is trying to "bang" kill you from like 50 feet away, then fine, that's BS. But bang rules are for safety, because this is airsoft (even Mil-Sim airsoft), NOT real life warfare.

Same with blind firing. If you play with blind-fire, you deserve to be lit-up with a 400 FPS AEG from 10 feet away because the person didn't see you running. Too bad for you.

Again, safety takes precedence over Mil-Sim in ALL situations.

On our field they are called "safety kills". It is never allowed to shoot a person within 10 feet, ever, period, no discussion.

If you shoot someone at a very close range, you are a fool.

It's safety first.

2) Blind fire is a part of mil-sim. This is a sport, in sports people have fun but they can also get hurt.
Blind firing is banned on my local field, you are never allowed to do it, period, no discussion. It can be dangerous. If you stick an AEG above a barricade or around a corner and shoot it blindly, you might shoot right into someones face, point blank.

It's safety first.

Thing is, if you don't wanna get hurt, stay at home and play COD4. Simply put.
You sound like a loose cannon that could very well hurt a fellow player.

I would suggest that until you take safety seriously, you stay at home and play COD4.

It's safety first.

Edited by namloot

No one I have ever played with has ever followed the safety kill rule. If you try, you get shot in the face. Now I just don't even bother.

Also, shooting an airsoft gun into someones face point blank, they are wearing eye protection aren't they? If they are, then they have no reason to worry. Wounds heal, blood fades. If they are afraid of being lit up then they shouldn't be playing IMO.

I do take safety seriously, but not so seriously that I take precautions that restrict what I can and can't do that could be done during a real firefight. If someone lights me up at 10 ft away with a high fps gun, then I am gonna say ow that hurt and then walk away. Airsoft guns don't break bones. If I get blind fired from 5ft away for moving on someone in a hallway then I am gonna take the pain and call myself out. Its really that simple. AIRSOFT GUNS HURT FOR A COUPLE MINUTES AT MOST.

This is of course my opinion, if my fields ever honored the safety kill rule I would probably use it. But the thing is, they don't. So I just go along with it.

Not shooting at someones face for the purpose of bleeding, but if they bleed, it was their choice to move up on me and their choice to play the sport, and their choice to not wear something that covers their face. They should be willing to accept the consequences of their actions.

Um, Stay on Topic please guys?

If I heard right Crossman made some "Airsoft" type guns wayyyyy back then, but Japan is what really brought it out.. Airsoft wasnt ever popular in the US till atleast the 90's. Yeah, I said Crossman.. It was the original guys though, not the company we know now.

No one I have ever played with has ever followed the safety kill rule. If you try, you get shot in the face. Now I just don't even bother.

~

Those players doing it should be banned from the field, including you.

~

This is of course my opinion, if my fields ever honored the safety kill rule I would probably use it. But the thing is, they don't. So I just go along with it.

Sounds like they are not insured or even worse, don't care.

~

Also, shooting an airsoft gun into someones face point blank, they are wearing eye protection aren't they? If they are, then they have no reason to worry. Wounds heal, blood fades. If they are afraid of being lit up then they shouldn't be playing IMO.

Except when you knock someone's tooth out.

~

I do take safety seriously, but not so seriously that I take precautions that restrict what I can and can't do that could be done during a real firefight.

The fact that you put ANYTHING ELSE above safety proves you are a hazard and shouldn't be playing airsoft.

~

Forget what others do. It sounds like you are using that as an excuse to hurt people. Airsoft is a game of honor, and not just about calling your hits. If you can't be honorable with your fellow players safety, stay home.

Taken from an article on airsoft history written and posted right here on AirsoftForum.com...

http://www.brassairsoft.com/about-airsoft/

Basically it states that airsoft was designed in Japan, and attempted to market here in the US with little results...

Namloot I am failing to see your point. What the hell could possibly happen that would be such a catastrophe that I shouldn't be playing airsoft? Safety Hazard? Are you kidding me? Have you been lit up at point blank before? Its not as bad as it sounds.

Edited by ultimentra

Namloot I am failing to see your point. What the hell could possibly happen that would be such a catastrophe that I shouldn't be playing airsoft? Safety Hazard? Are you kidding me? Have you been lit up at point blank before? Its not as bad as it sounds.

Do you honestly believe that no one has been permanently damaged by an airsoft gun?

I bought one of those Crosman SoftAir (that's how it's marked) back in the mid 80's when they first came out. I still have it. It was pre orange tips, it had shells you loaded the bb's into, and it had a "blowback" action even though it was springer... it was made in ... wait for it... Japan! It pulled back easy (or ejected when you fired and kept on the trigger, then you cocked it by pushing hard forward on the slide...)

They made (if I recall them all) a S&W 59, an UZI, a .357 revolver and (I think) a 1911. All shared common shells.

Japan is where it started. It actually started a few years before that with model (as in glue together type) guns (I had a P38 Walther) that had spring loaded shells and bullet shaped projectiles... it was pretty cool, a pretty tough build actually... but it worked, barely.

Leaving the other stuff lie, other than to say, if you ever came to my courses (the ones I own)... and you didn't follow the bang rule or the 10 ft rule, you would not be playing any longer and would be shown to the door with no refund. Just sayin'.

Wis

Edited by Paisley Pirate

holy crap...

watch it at 0:54-0:57

BEST EFFECT EVAR

"every owner of AEG"

these people are just pathetic! LOL!

but yeah I'm pretty sure airsoft started in japan, that's why there are no American companies

but that video made me laugh my :censored2: off!

IT WAS FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!

I do take safety seriously, but not so seriously that I take precautions that restrict what I can and can't do that could be done during a real firefight. If someone lights me up at 10 ft away with a high fps gun, then I am gonna say ow that hurt and then walk away. Airsoft guns don't break bones. If I get blind fired from 5ft away for moving on someone in a hallway then I am gonna take the pain and call myself out. Its really that simple. AIRSOFT GUNS HURT FOR A COUPLE MINUTES AT MOST.

Uhh...have you been shot point blank with a high powered gun before? Have you been shot in the tooth? Have you seen somebody's tooth get chipped from a 350 FPS gun from 50 feet away? If not, please shut the hell up with your blatant disregard for safety.

I happen to have been shot twice from less than 10 feet away with a high powered (500 and 550 FPS) airsoft rifle. I now have two scars there. Oh, and I've also been shot from 15 feet away with a pistol (yes...a pistol...300 FPS maybe?) and I also have a bb-shaped scar from that. Luckily all these have been on my hand/arm, not my face.

Now, I don't know who you play with, but clearly you shouldn't be playing with them (honestly, I think you shouldn't be playing at all). Stop horsing around in your backyard and get to a REAL legitimate airsoft event. Doesn't have to be a Lion Claws event, but holy crap I'm sure there are events in your state. Find them, go to them. Then try blindfiring. You'll get kicked out faster than you can even begin to argue about it.

If you can't see what you're shooting at, DON'T SHOOT. Maybe you'll get lucky and blind fire around a corner and hit somebody in the legs once or twice. No big deal. But maybe you'll shoot a ref 17 times in the face. Sounds like fun, right?

Yes, Airsoft is MilSim, but since when do you see soldiers in our Army/Navy/Marines/etc... blind firing? Not a whole lot (aka- never). There's no use in blind firing in real warfare because more often than not it injures/kills innocent civilians and not enemy targets. Same thing can go for airsoft. If you have civilians (or even refs) in a game, you don't want to fire upon them. But sticking your gun around a corner and firing blindly can easily do that. So besides the OBVIOUS safety issues with blindfiring, it really isn't MilSim.

Also, Airsoft is NOT about hurting people. In fact, it's quite the opposite. We want to play "war" realistically, but we don't want to hurt people. That's why we have safety regulations. I know most shots from an airsoft gun only really sting for a few minutes, but the ones that chip a tooth will hurt a lot longer, and going to school/work the next day with bloody welts all over my face is something I don't want to experience. Honestly, I don't know how much I can stress safety in airsoft over anything else. Playing "realstically" is nice, but not when it impedes on necessary safety.

Uhh...have you been shot point blank with a high powered gun before? Have you been shot in the tooth? Have you seen somebody's tooth get chipped from a 350 FPS gun from 50 feet away? If not, please shut the hell up with your blatant disregard for safety.

I happen to have been shot twice from less than 10 feet away with a high powered (500 and 550 FPS) airsoft rifle. I now have two scars there. Oh, and I've also been shot from 15 feet away with a pistol (yes...a pistol...300 FPS maybe?) and I also have a bb-shaped scar from that. Luckily all these have been on my hand/arm, not my face.

Now, I don't know who you play with, but clearly you shouldn't be playing with them (honestly, I think you shouldn't be playing at all). Stop horsing around in your backyard and get to a REAL legitimate airsoft event. Doesn't have to be a Lion Claws event, but holy crap I'm sure there are events in your state. Find them, go to them. Then try blindfiring. You'll get kicked out faster than you can even begin to argue about it.

If you can't see what you're shooting at, DON'T SHOOT. Maybe you'll get lucky and blind fire around a corner and hit somebody in the legs once or twice. No big deal. But maybe you'll shoot a ref 17 times in the face. Sounds like fun, right?

Yes, Airsoft is MilSim, but since when do you see soldiers in our Army/Navy/Marines/etc... blind firing? Not a whole lot (aka- never). There's no use in blind firing in real warfare because more often than not it injures/kills innocent civilians and not enemy targets. Same thing can go for airsoft. If you have civilians (or even refs) in a game, you don't want to fire upon them. But sticking your gun around a corner and firing blindly can easily do that. So besides the OBVIOUS safety issues with blindfiring, it really isn't MilSim.

Also, Airsoft is NOT about hurting people. In fact, it's quite the opposite. We want to play "war" realistically, but we don't want to hurt people. That's why we have safety regulations. I know most shots from an airsoft gun only really sting for a few minutes, but the ones that chip a tooth will hurt a lot longer, and going to school/work the next day with bloody welts all over my face is something I don't want to experience. Honestly, I don't know how much I can stress safety in airsoft over anything else. Playing "realstically" is nice, but not when it impedes on necessary safety.

Guys, take it to PM and out of my thread. Get back on topic.

Guest OpSic66

You 2 can quit arguing now.

Case in point. Players who play like you, on the fields I am on. Leave early without a refund, and are not allowed back. Does that say enough? Grow up, and play with some respect and safety.

The US hardly makes any airsoft items (if any??).

UTG and I believe KWA make their AEGs in the US. I know for a fact that UTG builds their M4 AEGs (not there rebranded CYMA AKs and MP5s) in the US. KWA has a warehouse or something right down the street from Evike.com. KWA pistols I believe are rebranded KSCs since they use the same system.

Guest OpSic66
I just sent a PM to all 3 of you. Sounds like Japan invented the airsoft we know today, and just got the inspiration from an American device.

Yup, I got it. And I still reiterate that your ideas are selfish, childish, and un-safe.

"Airsoft" as a sport is about "SAFE recreation of military action". The only other way to be completely safe, is what we see in actually military training actions with Blank Fire adaptations.

Every single field administrator that I know of (that operates a LEGIT insurance backed field).. Their primary concern is safety.

Even in complete and hardcore Milsim. The goal is safety and making sure everyone goes home as they arrived.

IIRC - Airsoft was indeed started in japan, out of their guns laws being VERY tight.

UTG and I believe KWA make their AEGs in the US. I know for a fact that UTG builds their M4 AEGs (not there rebranded CYMA AKs and MP5s) in the US. KWA has a warehouse or something right down the street from Evike.com. KWA pistols I believe are rebranded KSCs since they use the same system.

UTG guns are build by JG and assemble in US. Not truly 100% US made.

KWA factory is located in Tainan, Taiwan. I was just there couple days ago. KWA USA office is at least 10 miles away from Evike. KSC sometimes shares cost of mold with KWA. WE ARE THE OEM OF MOST KSC pistols. If you don't know what is OEM... go do some reading.

NS2 gas system is developed by KWA, we share it with KSC (System7) because they share the cost of development.

Edited by vietec

Yup, I got it. And I still reiterate that your ideas are selfish, childish, and un-safe.

"Airsoft" as a sport is about "SAFE recreation of military action". The only other way to be completely safe, is what we see in actually military training actions with Blank Fire adaptations.

Every single field administrator that I know of (that operates a LEGIT insurance backed field).. Their primary concern is safety.

Even in complete and hardcore Milsim. The goal is safety and making sure everyone goes home as they arrived.

IIRC - Airsoft was indeed started in japan, out of their guns laws being VERY tight.

i_like_where_thread_going3.jpg

Anyway. As far as I've learned airsoft originated in Japan, Crossman gave a shot at it but failed, and then, after Tokyo Marui, airsoft started to get some ground in the US and has been growing in popularity since.

They say airsoft started in the USA then moved to Japan and they evolved it, is that right??? Yes, I know not to believe everything you see on the internet.

Back to topic.

The term "Airsoft" isn't use in Japan. They are called "Survival Game". And the early airsoft guns don't shoot round BBs. They shot rubber pellet in a casing. Watch the video again, it said... "started in US 30 years ago in a very rudimentary form." That I can believe when you change the term airsoft to pellet gun.

Kinda like when I said TM didn't make the first AEG. And you guys are like "what? are you serious?" Yes I am serious. Most people think TM is only because TM is the FIRST company that successfully marketed AEG to the consumer level. I guess it doesn't really matters now who is the first as the companies no longer exists.

Edited by Allizard

Kinda like when I said TM didn't make the first AEG. And you guys are like "what? are you serious?" Yes I am serious. Most people think TM is only because TM is the FIRST company that successfully marketed AEG to the consumer level. I guess it doesn't really matters now who is the first as the companies no longer exists.

Can you at least provide a name of the company so that none of us call shenanigans. I am willing to believe that TM didn't make the first AEG if you actually have proof of this company's exsistance.

Can you at least provide a name of the company so that none of us call shenanigans. I am willing to believe that TM didn't make the first AEG if you actually have proof of this company's exsistance.

I can't remember all the name correctly but back when I was a kid (I'm now 42)... I remember there were electric gas full auto. One of the name sounds like Jatimatic, MGC and Yonezawa. I'm pretty sure they appear just before TM introduce the FAMAS (1991).

Some of you might have heard of MGC. They were the largest model guns maker in Japan before TM and yes... they did make an electric gun.

BTW... I was going to say ToyTec but they make electric gun after 1991 so that doesn't count.

Edited by Allizard