Sign in to follow this  
GunMonkeys

What makes it not Backyard airsoft?

Trying to figure it out. Is it like this:

You have to own the land or have permission.

There can't be a possibility of someone going where you are or getting hit by a bb.

Is that it? Thanks.

Not playing in your backyard, Its pretty self explanatory, if your playing on a sanctioned field (a legitimate field) your good.

You should be, as state above, where someone walking or driving down the road can't see you. If they can, it's a situation waiting to happen...

If you're away from public view, where you either own or have written permission to play, have the proper safety gear, and again are away from public view, you'll be good.

"Backyard airsoft" generally refers to dumb little 12 year olds with airsoft guns running around in the street shooting at mailboxes and cars etc. If it is in public view it is generally considered backyard airsoft. If you live in a suburb you should not have your guns out in the open. If your backyard is like 10 acres and no neighbors nearby, it really doesn't matter if it is your "yard" or not. It is basically just a way of describing the practice of having airsoft guns in public.

As far as I am concerned, airsoft is not illegal.

You can play on your land if you want, and it is your legal right.

In any circumstance, you should not be playing in public of course or pointing the gun at unwilling participants.

Well you are correct on your statement.

But we have there are certain laws prohibiting the display of replica guns, airsoft or not, in public. Because of this, even if you are in your own private lot/property, you must still be responsible enough not to raise alarms from passersby and/or nieghbors.

I'm sort of skeptical on the term of backyard airsoft because everyone seems to have a different say.

If you are technically playing in your backyard, and there is a heavily wooded area that is deserted with the bare exception of those who go there to play airsoft/paintball, COMPLETELY out of sight and extremely far away from bystanders, and even if someone with godly ears were to hear the airsoft gun noise (which doesn't sound remotely like a gun) and they were to know what was going on and not care, PLUS we all wore full masks/full seal goggles, and made completely sure if a bystander were to walk in the game would stop in under 5 seconds

BUT it was technically someones backyard

Is it still backyard airsoft?

Guest Gcommando36

Necro. Besides, the sounds AEGs make don't travel very far. I could barely hear my G36 100ft away.

Gah! Sorry bout the necropost. I usually check the dates, but I wonder what happened this time o.o

But thats why I emphasized that if someone with godly ears were to be able to hear it. My CYMA m14 was heard by my neighbors, inside their house, about 100+ ft away when I was testing accuracy. It's chill because they know I have airsoft guns, but they came outside and watched. They didn't see me because no windows are pointed in my direction, they would have to be outside.