Sign in to follow this  
snipershot

Polarstar Purpose built rifle

BONDO! < A man's best friend...

Anyways welcome to my continual update thread for the polarstar powered and EdGI accuricized rifle :)

This idea came to me when I was making plans for my next project. I was doing a little research and came upon Ben's new site for his business PolarStar Airsoft.

logo300.jpg

I looked into his parts a little more and began communicating with ben (great guy :). Anyways I realized I finally struck gold with his parts and I had to get the word out, they were developed extremely well and he's bringing a whole new element into the Airsoft sniping world. His piston is similar to EdGI's urethane cup setup with teflon glide rings which has always been by far my favorite design because it gives such a better seal than an o-ring.

The spring guide Polarstar has out incorporated the popular design of AEG spring guides bringing the ball bearing into our world, no more will your springs bind inside the cylinder reducing power.

And lastly probably the most important part in his collection are his newly engineered sear sets. Guaranteed the strongest available on the market, they are Computer Numerical Control machined from a solid chunk of 4140 steel and heat treated with minute precision. The achilles heel of sears that are available from other manufacturers is the two piece design. Rather than mending two halves of steel together PolarStar's are precisely cut from one solid chunk of the strongest material on airsoft market, 4140 Alloy Steel.

PolarStar Airsoft

Now you see why I was so intrigued :D And as always R.I.N.W.A... That's why nothing can compete with EdGI's 6.00mm MT bull barrels.

So on to the dirty dirty, I spent the last day working on a custom extended cheekrest, (my fingers still smell like bondo o.O).

image222k.jpg

image218k.th.jpg

image221r.th.jpg

image229o.th.jpg

image230.th.jpg (I keep my victim's flesh in my stock ;)

image225n.th.jpg

digr.jpg

boosts.jpg maybef.jpg

32524119.jpg

winl.jpg yeshfj.jpg

I still have to do another layer and smooth things out as you can see.

Things to come, NEW PAINTJOB, bedded stock, Polar and EdGI Decals, performance reviews, and uhh rear unipod stabilizer.

WOOT give me project names ;)

Edited by Tux
Removed link to external site

I use bondo on my cars sometimes, if you buy a set of automotive sand papers you should be able to use the finest grit to get it to be seemless and perfectly smooth. most hardware stores that sell sand paper should have this set. its like 5 bucks

I use bondo on my cars sometimes, if you buy a set of automotive sand papers you should be able to use the finest grit to get it to be seemless and perfectly smooth. most hardware stores that sell sand paper should have this set. its like 5 bucks

I just have to fill in the holes first, I use to do bodywork on 914's with my dad ;)

I saw a skull paintjob on an m40a3 a while ago that I might recreate with camoflauge colors, not sure yet. I want it to be somewhat different.

Or old school.... Ooooh Ahhhhh

66624376.jpg

34790195.jpg

Edited by snipershot

*UPDATE*

Finished the first stage of some new paint last night, it's got a rock like pattern and pretty good shading, when I get more time this week I might add some more depth to it and than put the P* logo on the rear. The stock has a texturized base and he bondo added a lot of weight so this thing is feeling rock solid good.

p1000689.jpg

p1000683r.jpg

p1000695t.jpg

p1000702z.jpg

p1000692r.jpg

p1000703g.jpg

Suggestions PLEASE!

Edited by snipershot

A killflash and probably I may add a leather part in the cheek piece, like the SVD, more comfortable and the paint won't suffer with sweat.

Edited by Hari

Barrel cap would be cool. Is it just me, or do some of the pictures look like a tapered barrel and some look like a g-spec barrel?

may look sick... but it still makes it look ... hmm non-mil-sim? I guess.

It will look less like a real rifle with a flash hider.(imo)

Hot Damn everything is here and parts are going in. I've been out of town for 2 weeks so sorry for the lax time. I'll have some updates in the next couple days for yous :P

image238.jpg

*Edit

Ignore the ulta -_- not mine lol

Edited by snipershot

Why you have 2 pistons and why Ben is not trying to do a 90º config in the VSR base?

In upgraded platform I see more convenient to run on a 90º base than a 45º, this is one of the things I hate about VSR/BAR. I know that reinforced sears and piston will last you a long time (or it may) but there's not the only reason to run on 90º

Why you have 2 pistons and why Ben is not trying to do a 90º config in the VSR base?

In upgraded platform I see more convenient to run on a 90º base than a 45º, this is one of the things I hate about VSR/BAR. I know that reinforced sears and piston will last you a long time (or it may) but there's not the only reason to run on 90º

he does offer a 90 degree and 45 degree piston

Hmmm watch how much your filling with bondo. The stuff is know to crack if not supported beneath it. I learned that the hard way when I filled some holes on the top of the cab of my truck. Its just a suggestion but I would try using Kitty hair (a pre glass hair/ fiberglass mix) or some permatex next time round.

The gun looks great though. and +1 on the sun shade.

I am a little confused on your post Hari... I think its just because Im dyslexic but could some one explain the difference between the 45 and 90 degree piston?

Here's a somewhat picture of the trigger box, I just made.

trigger.png

EDIT: Spring guide should be Spring Guide Stopper.

The pistons are made to work with a certain type of piston sear. Like in the picture.

Awesome cheek rest Snipershot.

Edited by 17 Delta