Sign in to follow this  
Random00900

Where's that darn tip!?

I lost the plastic orange tip for one of my airsoft guns. I took it off ages ago, and now I can't find it for the death of me. Are there general places where I can buy them? I live in Prince Frederick, MD. If not, is there anything I can do to LEGALLY improv a orange tip? Thanks. :)

For example: Orange Tape, Orange spray paint, giant letters saying, "THIS ISN'T A REAL GUN." Lol.. :P

Edited by Random00900

Or just orange spray paint that most hobby stores sell, I think Home Depot or similar hardware stores would carry spray paint. You could also use orange tape, but if you want a completely made orange tip I believe that some [if not most] online retailers sell things like flash hiders that have orange tips which you could screw onto the barrel, though I haven't seen any online retailers selling metal/plastic orange tips that just pop on the barrel like a cap. Basically, paint or tape is cheaper and can be gotten pretty much anywhere, but you can buy a replica flash hider for the airsoft gun which would have an orange tip though this method is the most expensive.

Also, the orange tip only has to be 3/8" thick, so don't go buying inch wide orange tape to put on it. Unless you actually like orange tips =)

Keeping in mind that the orange tip does nothing to convince LEO's that it's not a real firearm, and those that are uneducated in the use of firearms won't notice the difference anyway...

Which kind of replica is it for?

Orange tips are mainly needed for transportation. Just in case you get pulled over for some reason.

Other than that, if you have your gun out in public, it should only be during a game. Otherwise, it doesn't really help as the cops will still treat as a real firearm.