Sign in to follow this  
goldeneye007662

KSC G17 Gas all going at once

Hey guys. Well my great KSC G17 has now failed on me. It started with my heavy metal barrel slamming so hard into my cheap pot metal slide that it created a full on indent. Now my slide doesn't return fully without tpping the barel. I'm replacing the slide. For now I have the stock slide on, but a new problem arose. On most shots, the slide doesn't rack, and a huge amount of gas expands from the barrel. I lubed it up, and still the same problem. 2 weeks ago I got about 70 shots off with it, and now I barely get a full mag.

So you've taken it apart. Is it new? used? If it isn't the floating valve or magazine catch causing the problem, I suspect something might be out of place or worn in the hammer assembly.

Yep. It's about a year old, I'm the only owner, next to BoomArms. Magazine works fine. tested t on my buddy's KSC G18 today.

With the magazine in, does it have any play up and down? It should have a little, but too much and it'll go through gas real fast. Usually the reasons I've had for loosing all the gas at once is the floating valve, or the mag needs a good lube job. I'm assuming it only looses gas when the mag is in? Before or after you pull the trigger?