Sign in to follow this  
dempsey17

My new KWA KP.45 Tactical (NS2)

hey guys just got my new KWA KP.45 tactical in the mail and I have to sday that I love it!. it is everything I expected from KWA and more! shooting 365 out of the box, with a fully adjustable rear sight, threaded barrel, functional decocker,matching S#, and the NS2 gas system making this one helluva GBB.

now for some pics!

Box, and typical KWA packaging (lube,bb's and a hop-up wrench)

P1140362.jpg

P1140363.jpg

P1140364.jpg

P1140365.jpg

P1140367.jpg

P1140370.jpg

If I werent buying a used, upgraded KWA M17 I might be looking into one of these. Nice gun.

Made in Taiwan wtf?

OMG THE BOX HAS A HANDLE!

What were you expecting?! :a-skeptical:

Well I would not be surprised if it was KSC, but since KWA is based in US I'm a little befuddled. (does KWA have all their guns manufactured in Taiwan or just GBBs?)

All KWA products are manufactured in Taiwan. Head Quarter is in Taiwan; however, customer service, marketing, part of engineering and distribution in North, South Americas region is actually done in US.

And yes, our factories in Taiwan also make parts for KSC.

Edited by Allizard

I just ordered one of these babies. I've owned a KWA G19 before and it was fantastic, and after going through two lemon AEGs, I'm definitely ready to get back to the reliability of GBBs and everything I read sounds like this gun will perform fantastic. Is there any new stuff you've learned about it? How does it perform? Are you going to write a review? You should put some more pictures up I'm so excited for this gun.

I just ordered one of these babies. I've owned a KWA G19 before and it was fantastic, and after going through two lemon AEGs, I'm definitely ready to get back to the reliability of GBBs and everything I read sounds like this gun will perform fantastic. Is there any new stuff you've learned about it? How does it perform? Are you going to write a review? You should put some more pictures up I'm so excited for this gun.

here you go a new pic with the KA silencer I ordered from redwolf!

P1140390.jpg

tried to put a tm LAM unit on there but the rails are different. =(

All KWA products are manufactured in Taiwan. Head Quarter is in Taiwan; however, customer service, marketing, part of engineering and distribution in North, South Americas region is actually done in US.

And yes, our factories in Taiwan also make parts for KSC.

What About their AEGs?

Hey All,

Don't mean to necropost, but I thought I'd post with a little info that I've got. I got this pistol from gi a while ago and although I had a few issues with it, I am super impressed. It's a beautiful piece and performs fantastically. Ok, my complaints are threefold, only one of which truly having to do with the performance of the gun.

1.) Least important but would've been a nice touch, I wish there were aiming dots on the sights, or something to help align the shot at night. My first OP I brought this to was an all-nighter and it was tough to line up my bead. Plus, the sights are pretty high-profile, but my holster was big enough, it never kept me from drawing it quickly.

2.) My second complaint is about the rear sight. While test-firing it in the back yard, I kept having to crank up the rear sight to line up my shot, but then I turned the screw just a little too much and *ping there goes my rear-sight adjustment spring. Then, the pin holding the rear sight together (where it pivots) fell out, so I had two missing pieces on maybe... the second day of owning it. So I fixed it by cutting a paper clip segment for my rear sight and crazy-gluing it in place, and I used a shortened and widened ball point pen spring for the rear-sight adjustment spring. Fixed. Ok, that was fine.

3.) After maybe 75-100 shots through the gun, I started to not be able to pull the trigger on the first couple of shots. The KP45 Tactical has a trigger-stop screwed into the trigger, but it was just a quarter-turn too long, and it was loc-tited in there pretty good. I tried everything. I tried turning the screw. Nope, wouldn't budge, plus my allen key was too long, so I had to dremel it down. Well, maybe I could heat up the loctite...I used my soldering iron to try to heat it up, nope, still wouldn't budge. I just ended up rounding off two or three allen keys (I think it was a 1mm or something really small like that). I took off the slide to see if something in the firing mechanism was catching, but I ended up giving that up because I didn't want to disrupt the finely engineered balance KWA had created. I didn't want to permanently alter the gun, but I ended up having to. My final solution was to use a small ceramic dremel grinding bit and grind down the corner of the trigger-stop. It took maybe 10 minutes of grinding, but once I removed enough material, it was perfect. The gun fired absolutely every single time, without fail. And still does.

After these few altercations, this gun performs amazingly. It is so loud, so crisp, so fun to shoot. It shoots HARD too, as someone else earlier mentioned. If I had the money, I'd own two. Just an awesome gun, and I'll be upset to see it go some time in the future.

So buyer beware, great gun, may need a little work. The work will pay off though

-d

from what ive read it seams like the KSC/KWA USP is pretty badass. ive been looking into them as well as a few other models but im torn because I would like to do alot of mod'ing to the weapon. are there availiable parts(Aftermarket) out there for this gun besides just the routine tight bore barrel and silerncers. id like to do alot with the internals if its possible or is it even nessesary with this gun. I was looking into TM 1911(not Hicapa) TM Glocks, and KSC/KWA Glocks. any opinions?

Edited by cavscout5/4

KWA offers parts support on all their products......

Would you mind posting some links? I've checked places like Evike, and a couple of the HK outlets, and it seems like nearly everything is designed for TM, WE, KJW. But KWA doesn't seem to show up, save but for a little piece here and there.

I must be missing something.

Sorry, I may be quoting your response to another part of this thread. I don't mean to put words in your mouth...

Edited by doug.nash

Thanks. Great tip on that Google thing. Amazing invention.

Satire aside. KWA doesn't seem to offer much more than just a couple external metal barrels for their 1911 PTP line. But I see nothing about their other models, like the MP, 226, USP.

eHobby Asia does have a slide/barrel kit, but why spend as much as the pistol costs just for the barrel? The stock slide is ALREADY metal. Don't see much else.

Thanks. Great tip on that Google thing. Amazing invention.

Satire aside. KWA doesn't seem to offer much more than just a couple external metal barrels for their 1911 PTP line. But I see nothing about their other models, like the MP, 226, USP.

eHobby Asia does have a slide/barrel kit, but why spend as much as the pistol costs just for the barrel? The stock slide is ALREADY metal. Don't see much else.

KWA GBB's have polymer outer barrels for a reason. It cuts down on friction and makes the blowback and pistol action smoother. Replacing the polymer barrel with a metal one would actually counter act all the R&D KWA does to make their guns operate well.

KWA GBB's have polymer outer barrels for a reason. It cuts down on friction and makes the blowback and pistol action smoother. Replacing the polymer barrel with a metal one would actually counter act all the R&D KWA does to make their guns operate well.

Thanks, and I fully understand those are the claims the make. Regardless of the validity, my preference for both cosmetic and performance reasons is to have a metal barrel. It seems, unfortunately, that the only choice out there is to buy the metal slide/barrel combo. For whatever the reason, there simply is no metal barrel offered on it's own.

Really? I thought they just did that so it wouldn't scratch. A painted metal barrel wont have much more friction than a plastic one.