to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
wuttel

Ring between outerbarrel and receiver type 96

Hello Lukas,

The plastic "o-ring" is very important. It is there to align the cylinder and cylinder head so that it can enter the hop-up chamber/assembly properly.

Without the plastic o-ring or bracket you will have slam firing issues, trigger stuck-ups, the air seal nozzle at the tip of the cylinder head will not enter/engage inside the hop-up chamber/assembly and you will have air leaks because the air seal nozzle will not be centered on the lip of the hop-up rubber/bucking.

Please do not remove it or lose it.

Regards,

Ricky

wuttel, could you post a picture of that part? I just installed a PDI hop-up unit and for some reason the cylinder head doesn't line up perfectly with the hop-up. This plastic o-ring may be the issue.

sir shredder:

good to see you here..

I didnt find any O ring between my outer barrel and receiver..

sir shredder:

good to see you here..

I didnt find any O ring between my outer barrel and receiver..

Hello!!! :a-salute:

It's nice to see you here likewise...

I'm not familiar with your Well L96 but there should be a plastic ring to support/align your cylinder like this...

IMG_0615copy.jpg

... Sorry for the greasy receiver... The how it looked when I removed the outer barrel from the receiver OOTB! :a-gross:

Thanks for the pic. That O-ring is in place, but I'm still having alignment issues. Any ideas?

What issues are you currently experiencing? The more info about the problem, the better it is for me to analyze and provide a possible solution.

If your outer barrel is not placed and aligned properly, that is another factor wherein the cylinder head nozzle cannot enter the hop-up chamber/unit properly.

Edited by Shredder_SCS

What issues are you currently experiencing? The more info about the problem, the better it is for me to analyze and provide a possible solution.

If your outer barrel is not placed and aligned properly, that is another factor wherein the cylinder head nozzle cannot enter the hop-up chamber/unit properly.

The nozzle on the cylinder head, upon reaching the first hole in the hop up, does not slide into the unit as it should. Under close examination it appears that the alignment is off, but only by a very little bit. The nozzle WILL slide in if pushed with a little more force.

I'm not sure what else I can tell you. Just installed a PDI hop-up and PDI 6.05 barrel, nothing else. I have a zero trigger installed, and everything else is stock. To be fair, it really doesn't make life that difficult, and I haven't had the chance to actually fire the gun yet with the upgraded hop-up. Maybe it won't make a difference at all. I'm just worried that after a while the hop up will break under the repeated strain of the nozzle head hitting just outside of the correct hole.

The nozzle on the cylinder head, upon reaching the first hole in the hop up, does not slide into the unit as it should. Under close examination it appears that the alignment is off, but only by a very little bit. The nozzle WILL slide in if pushed with a little more force.

I'm not sure what else I can tell you. Just installed a PDI hop-up and PDI 6.05 barrel, nothing else. I have a zero trigger installed, and everything else is stock. To be fair, it really doesn't make life that difficult, and I haven't had the chance to actually fire the gun yet with the upgraded hop-up. Maybe it won't make a difference at all. I'm just worried that after a while the hop up will break under the repeated strain of the nozzle head hitting just outside of the correct hole.

You can increase the diameter of the hole as a last recourse. Try fiddling with the alignment outer barrel alignment first just in case you missed out on something.

This is a necro post but I'll humor you. The ring you speak of is best fabricated from something like the ring around the top of a milk jug lid.