Sign in to follow this  
RMT

Sniper inconsistency

Well I just got my bar 10, and after cleanin the barrel, the bb's seem to fly all over. The bb's (tsd .28's) seem to shoot higher than the target under 100 feet, and over that distance the fall after 170 feet. I'm thinking of a firefly soft bucking, will that improve the range and groupings, and by how much?

Just take apart the gun (there should be guides on here) and take off the bucking. Then soak the bucking in warm soapy water and then let it air dry. This should remove any grease inside the bucking. If you want to be positive it's clean, you could clean the inside of the bucking with rubbing alcohol.

Just take apart the gun (there should be guides on here) and take off the bucking. Then soak the bucking in warm soapy water and then let it air dry. This should remove any grease inside the bucking. If you want to be positive it's clean, you could clean the inside of the bucking with rubbing alcohol.

thanks, I'll try that.

do new replacement buckings need to be cleaned before they're put in the gun?

I wouldn't soak anything rubber in alcohol. The bucking could degrade or shrink, I would play it safe and stick to water

You don't soak it, you just wipe the inside. Rubbing alcohol is fine, I've done it many times.

Your scope is zeroed in for a certain distance. Most times in airsoft you don't need to change the settings on it because the change in distance to target is not that great but it will not hit on the reticule from all distances. But like everyone else said, clean everything and try putting it back together. Something may have been installed incorrectly. You may want to get some better bbs too like SGM or biovals.

Thanks for the fast replies. I think the gun was just breaking in, beacuse today I can hit a traget at around 200 feet around half the time with .28's. is it possible that the hop up rubber just needed to break itself in, and can I expect a further increase in accuracy?

Thanks!

It's possible, and probably not. There are things you can do to increase consistency though. The hop up was a very good place to start, so I commend you.

Chris

I'm going to replace the hop up rubber, and found this one on asgi.

NineBall Bucking?

It says it will work for a vsr clone, but is in the aeg hop up section.

EDIT : perhaps it is a mistake, it would explain why it's still in stock

No the nineball is an excellent bucking, arguably the best non-modified one around.

No the nineball is an excellent bucking, arguably the best non-modified one around.

agreed. I'm glad they put in the aeg's section (on purpose or by mistake) becuase it's almost always in stock :a-grin: