to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
sniperkid15

What's the best sniper sidearm?

I want to hear some opinions on a good snipers sidearm. I'm looking for probably a NBB pistol or super accurate spring pistol. I also don't want to spend more that about $50 do to the fact that I'm gonna spend a pretty good amount on my rifle.

I want to hear some opinions on a good snipers sidearm. I'm looking for probably a NBB pistol or super accurate spring pistol. I also don't want to spend more that about $50 do to the fact that I'm gonna spend a pretty good amount on my rifle.

My trusty MP5K always get the job done in a tough spot and its light

CYMA G18c is a good AEP platform. Cheap too. There is also the DE USP AEP and DE Desert Eagle as well. All of the guns are around the same price and are decent sidearms.

Heck I got a springer KWC Smith wesson m405 for like 25 bucks at a local sports store. Oldest, most reliable and accurate pistol I've had. Only downside is that this pistol has like virtually no hopup so after about 30-40 feet you gotta start aiming up a bit. But honestly its a great cheap gun. Its been over 3 years and its still leaving welts on my buds and still shooting great.

Riflewizard has been trying to get everyone to buy 1911s after he got his marui, which by the way is very nice. The 1911 is the epitome of pointability it seriously feels like an extension of your arm. It is a little out of your price range though. Avoid NBBs, the trigger pull is really abysmal.

CYMA G18c is a good AEP platform. Cheap too. There is also the DE USP AEP and DE Desert Eagle as well. All of the guns are around the same price and are decent sidearms.

What do you mean by "platform"? Are AEP's upgradable? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I haven't really looked at AEP's as an option before now.

They are upgradeable, but for the cost/gains it's not worth it.

For your price range an AEP plus a few spare magazines would probably be best. I'd go for a GBB but the magazine costs and maintance can be a turn-off espcially on a light budget

Edited by Riflewizard

Well...personally I would go for a good GBB pistol as a sidearm, having a support gunner is a bonus, but you cant always have one and one gun may not be enough. Imagine you and your gunner being shot at...he has a standard AEG and you have a bolt action sniper, simply, you are not up to pace with the firefight.

Most people would go for a MP7 and I strongly recommend you do. It gives a full auto option when enemies are near, also, it creates a sense that you are not so helpless, they would go for cover and while your support lays down fire, you can pick them off one by one.

I really dig my TSD M93r, the full auto doesn't make it as realistic as the "true" tri-burst. It's smaller than the MP_'s and won't be such a drag straped to my leg

I like it because it loads the same ammo as my MK96 but also keeps its "realistic" range. It fires right where I want it to for if an enemy is to close along with nice human sized groupings

Oh, and it's fun as heck to shoot

Edited by TyGuy94920

What do you mean by "platform"? Are AEP's upgradable? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I haven't really looked at AEP's as an option before now.

I say platform because just about every other pistol AEP is based off of the same internals, just a different body.

If I want to get REALLY politically correct, I would need to point out that the TM Glock AEP was the "good platform" as the CYMA/DE is/are a clone(s) of it. However, it isn't cheap.

Heck I got a springer KWC Smith wesson m405 for like 25 bucks at a local sports store. Oldest, most reliable and accurate pistol I've had. Only downside is that this pistol has like virtually no hopup so after about 30-40 feet you gotta start aiming up a bit. But honestly its a great cheap gun. Its been over 3 years and its still leaving welts on my buds and still shooting great.

I have one of those to lol. I can shoot a quarter at 25ft just like the box said and that was 5 years ago and I don't know how many shots later and it still does the same thing. A good gbb or a mp5k. I think well or somebody makes a gbb mp5k that you can find online places for 50$. Ive shot one of those a cqb field and it was pretty good gun. fairly acurate the only problem is it only has 30 shots in the mag

Personally, I use a UTG mk 23 springer. It is relatively powerful, and has a great range. I do own a couple of GBB's, however I have found that a spring pistol is more reliable in many ways. For one, you don't have to worry about running out of gas. Also, heat/cold is not a problem either. Some people will tell you that spring pistols "suck" and should not be used in real skirmishes against powerful rifles and versatile AEGs. It took some getting used to at first, but I have gotten MANY kills with my Spring pistol at ranges over 100 feet. Btw, the mk 23 is only $20.

There are other options however. The good old GBB/NBB will do just fine for most people. There is also the CYMA/DE AEPs. I DO own both the G18, and the Desert Eagle, and I used them quite a bit before switching over to my spring pistol. The range and power on these AEP's are lower than GBB's/Good spring pistols, however I have found one main advantage in the AEP: They sound exactly like AEG's on full auto. I have fired shots at the general direction of the enemy from longer-than-effective ranges, and caused the enemy to jump into cover. They THINK they are up against powerful AEG's, when its only a $35 AEP. This tactic has saved my life on many occasions.

Edited by Revo142

I personaly use a SD87 pistol grip shotgun as my sidearm of choice. I tried using a gas pistol but it was no fun for me. I am my squads "Sharpshooter" not sniper so I like to bring it along with me and it has served me well alongside my UTGMK96. It was only $26 on airsoftgi.

Airsoft sniper sidearm is going to have to be a high volume of fire weapon like an MP5K, Mp7, CYMA G18.

If your position is discovered, 30 rnds from a gas gun won't help you! Nor will cocking a springer pistol.

I can close a 300' gap in seconds and destroy a sniper with an AEG, so when I get there you better be ready to fight back without trying to frantically pull back the cocking handle of your akward 500 fps spring sniper.

Especially since typical engagement distance for a sniper is min 100' feet anyways.

Edited by GoLgo 13

Airsoft sniper sidearm is going to have to be a high volume of fire weapon like an MP5K, Mp7, CYMA G18.

If your position is discovered, 30 rnds from a gas gun won't help you! Nor will cocking a springer pistol.

I can close a 300' gap in seconds and destroy a sniper with an AEG, so when I get there you better be ready to fight back without trying to frantically pull back the cocking handle of your akward 500 fps spring sniper.

Especially since typical engagement distance for a sniper is min 100' feet anyways.

Firstly, a PDW like an Mp5K or Mp7 would be much too bulky and heavy to carry around. People often underestimate the mass of those weapons. Having an Mp7/Mp5k hanging in a holster on your side is very uncomfortable, bulky, and will do more harm than good.

Secondly, If you are a sniper and an enemy is rushing at you from 300' away, you are a very bad sniper. Any good or even decent sniper would not get himself into a situation like that.

If you are a good or decent sniper, you would NEVER get into the situation of needing to counter a charging AEG user with your sidearm.

Edited by Revo142

If you are bringing along a mp5 or other compact AEG, I would call you a marksman not a "sniper". If you are going to be a "sniper", I would think you would bring a small pistol and a ghille suit. If your like me and give your squad covering fire, light weight gear like a chest rig and a compact AEG would do the trick. Like the other poster said, if your charging from 300' away, that is a REAL bad sniper....

Firstly, a PDW like an Mp5K or Mp7 would be much too bulky and heavy to carry around. People often underestimate the mass of those weapons. Having an Mp7/Mp5k hanging in a holster on your side is very uncomfortable, bulky, and will do more harm than good.

Secondly, If you are a sniper and an enemy is rushing at you from 300' away, you are a very bad sniper. Any good or even decent sniper would not get himself into a situation like that.

If you are a good or decent sniper, you would NEVER get into the situation of needing to counter a charging AEG user with your sidearm.

I can't even count how many airsoft "snipers" I have single handedly flushed out.

They take a few pots shots that maybe strike nearby and alert me to their presence after that just count to 30 and that fool will have retreated or been eliminated. Go ahead and try to get a good shot off as someone is dashing through cover towards you while simultaneously letting of 3-5 round bursts in your direction. Go ahead and try to get a clear picture of someone through a magnified scope that is only 100-300 feet away rapidly approaching in a zig zag pattern when you have a FOV of less that 12 degrees. NOT HAPPENING! haha I guess I just never ran into the LEE7 Superhacxorz sniper like you.

If you think an Mp5k Is bulky or heavy, you are a pansy. Sorry but there is no other way to put it. You can strap a 5k pr mp7 to your leg in a pantac holster and forget it until you need it.

The best suggestion was from someone else who said a snipers best side arm is an AEG armed spotter. That is keeping it real.

Edited by GoLgo 13

We also musn't forget the terrain we are playing in. I do belive that having a AEG user near me is the best protection I can have against other members but I also do agree that you should also minimize your presence on the field to make you the "smallest" target on the field.

I would much rather take a fellow squad member with a good AEG in with me than a sidearm, but no one I play with has near as much patience as me. I have laid in the same spot for 45+ minutes before, with guys walking 20 feet in front of me, but I had to let them go by because I was out numbered 5 to 1, and I only had my bolt action rifle. I just need something that's semi-auto at least.

In your case I don't really think you can go wrong. Find a gun you like, that would be fun for you to shoot, and in your price range, and get it

I really want a Galaxy MP5k, but for CQB'ing. The holster for it is just to restricting for a sniper, in my opinion

They take a few pots shots that maybe strike nearby and alert me to their presence blah blah blah

If you think an Mp5k Is bulky or heavy, you are a pansy. Sorry but there is no other way to put it. You can strap a 5k pr mp7 to your leg in a pantac holster and forget it until you need it.

In other words, you've never faced anyone calling themselves a sniper with a single iota of skill in their body.

In other words, you've one of those guys who's only molested some other sniper's rifle but never actually low crawled, attempted to use concealment, think solid black blends in nicely with everything else, and/or has ever worn a ghillie suit.

Right gotcha. Isn't there a section for AEG users on these forums?

I can't even count how many airsoft "snipers" I have single handedly flushed out.

They take a few pots shots that maybe strike nearby and alert me to their presence after that just count to 30 and that fool will have retreated or been eliminated. Go ahead and try to get a good shot off as someone is dashing through cover towards you while simultaneously letting of 3-5 round bursts in your direction. Go ahead and try to get a clear picture of someone through a magnified scope that is only 100-300 feet away rapidly approaching in a zig zag pattern when you have a FOV of less that 12 degrees. NOT HAPPENING! haha I guess I just never ran into the LEE7 Superhacxorz sniper like you.

The best suggestion was from someone else who said a snipers best side arm is an AEG armed spotter. That is keeping it real.

I'm a "pansy" because I think an Mp5k is bulky to use as a sidearm? Anyone CAN use an Mp5k or Mp7 as a sidearm, but there are better options around that will do more good for you than a PDW will. I respect your opinion on carrying PDW's, but saying someone is a "pansy" for disagreeing with you just shows how little you know.

One more thing...do you play against 10 year old snipers who just beat All Ghilled Up on Veteran? Seems like you did not read my post. If you find yourself charging at a sniper from 300' away, they are horrible snipers. I would hesitate to call them snipers...If you are able to locate their pinpoint position from that far, I pity them. Also, I never said in ANY way that I was a "LEE7 SuperHacxorz" sniper....infact my main position is Rifleman, I just play sniper when I am bored of my AEGs. I assue you that their are many snipers on these forums that are far more skilled and experienced than I am, however I am experienced enough to know that the sniper's you play against are "pansys" in your words.

Edited by Revo142

I'm not a real sniper in a ghille crawling hours for the best shot. I'm more of a DMR, counter-sniper guy.

I use a my custom light L85 (full plastic body, 4kg max loaded) as a sidearm. It is a fully capable assault rifle with 400 FPS and RDS. I start to fire with my bolt action at standoff range. If I hit someone I'm happy. If I don't I try again. After a few shots, the opfor realizes that they are pinned down by a "sniper" who outranges them by like 5-10m.

Now there are 2 course of actions

- Leave a bait for the sniper and flank. While the sniper is occupied trying to gun the bait down, the rest of the team goes around and flank the unsuspecting shooter. If they do that, I keep shooting at the general direction of the bait (acting like I bought the trick) but follow the flankers and prepare my L85 for immediate usage. When the flankers move out of cover, they get a nice amount of BB flying at them. After that I retreat quickly with a good amount of cover fire sprayed around. I always get 2-3 frags with this tactic and occasional 'WTF was that?' from the gunned down opfor.

- Head on charge with zig-zag because "He can't shoot all of us with such slow rate of fire!". 1100 RPM and 60m range will do quick work on them. I wiped out entire Newbie squads with that tactic :).

Sometimes if we are doing a quick charge, or area defense with a larger squad, I simply leave my sniper gun behind. I will pick it up when we secured the area, I got killed, DMR duty is required to pick out careless "we are out of range" attackers.

Using a bolt action rifle doesn't mean you can't carry a compact, but fully upgraded assault rifle. Realistic? Not exactly. Effective? Heck, yes!

Edited by Pendra

YAY! a E-Peen contest :) (Whips out ego, frowns........)

Back on topic. If your the covert kind of sniper, you can't go wrong with a pistol. If your the support kind of marksman like I am, definatly pick up a compact AEG of sorts or if you want a challenge, a shotgun is all sorts of fun. Its your play style, pick a sidearm that you will actually USE and is fun to use at that.

My load out may not be as effective as some others but darn it I have a blast with my rifle and shotgun! And that is all that matters.

Triple Shottie in Shottie holster. Dat's what I use. Dats what u shud use.

By the way you people, Have you ever killed 3 people with 1 BB? It's amazing how stupid people are.

Lets say you use a spring sniper rifle

"Hai guise111 My secondary weighs 3 times my primary111 Aint I teh $3%^///