to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Dmitri Kalashnikov

Maybe I'm Crazy...

Is it possible to make a classic airsoft gun from a paintball marker's internals for the firing system? If I'm the first to even contemplate this, that's sad.

Wouldn't count on it. According to the Classic Airsoft Faq thats stickied, for an airsoft gun to be a classic it needs to have an external C02 tank and be out of production. All you would be doing is hooking up the shooting mechanism. It would still need the external C02 tank and of been in production at one point, then out of production. But I like your idea, it would be pretty interesting.

Wouldn't count on it. According to the Classic Airsoft Faq thats stickied, for an airsoft gun to be a classic it needs to have an external C02 tank and be out of production. All you would be doing is hooking up the shooting mechanism. It would still need the external C02 tank and of been in production at one point, then out of production. But I like your idea, it would be pretty interesting.

Well, that's what I mean by keeping the firing system: keeping the external CO2 system that markers have.

Guest SkatinBeast

Well you would need a classic body and such...Without that you have classic type internals with new externals

I wouldn't count on it. Paintball guns have bolts that forces the paintball out. The only thing I could think of is if you made your own cylinder, airnozzle, and all of that.

EDIT: Oh, I was wrong. I looked at a 3D model and it works similarly to airsoft guns. The bolt pushes forward and allows air/CO2 to come through that propels the ball and pulls back to allow the new ball to fall down. If you made your own feeding system, or modded a new one it would probably work. But you would need to make your own airnozzle , cylinder, some kind of piston that attaches to the bolt. (These are just my ideas, Its your project)

Edited by conmanagc

Guest SkatinBeast

ya gun airsoft guns are very similiar to paintball guns..if not the same

Im still saying its not going to be a classic unless you have a classic body....If not you just have a gas gun

ya gun airsoft guns are very similiar to paintball guns..if not the same

Don't you dare say that. lol :a-laugh:

Anyways, though, it won't be classic even if it possible. It'll be classic-type or pseudoclassic or sumpin'. However I do think it is possible.