to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Mike3535

New RG kit

Yeah, my brother used to use it as a green screen, and it had alright lighting so I took the pictures there. And as for the blue dots, inspired by Arrested Development. Also, forgot to mention, I'm still working on finding a good way to secure the loose straps on the vest, knee pads, and other areas.

Edited by Zaitsev

Wow, that looks quite nice! I would like the kit list please... next time you should just post the kit list. :a-wink: Everytime someone posts their loadout they always will get a request for the kitlist if it hasn't been give out already!

Thanks! This is actual Ranger Green from Eagle Industries. The Color that is issued is a slightly different shade and is referred to as "1st gen" and also is a little bit more expensive (has to be bought on ebay usually). 1st gen is a bit closer to grey than green. Rangers are starting to use a Multicam and I was planning to use a Crye combat shirt for my Ranger impression. I may pick up some ACUs as well but probably won't use them in a game because they don't work too well where I play.

I'll remember to put in the kitlist regularly in the future :P

Kitlist:

Propper Woodland BDUs

Blackhawk Riggers Belt

Alta Knee Pads

Merrel Sawtooth Boots

Hatch Nomex Flight Gloves

EI Plate Carrier w/o Cummerbund (RG)

3x EI Single M4 pouch (RG)

EI Medic pouch (RG)

EI Canteen pouch (RG)

EI Shotgun Shell pouch (RG)

EI MBITR pouch

TT Modular Hydro pouch w/ camelbak 3l blatter

Iasus NT3 Blackops throat mic

Motorola Talkabout T9500

Petzl Headlamp

Blue Spot disguise :a-laugh:

Also forgot to mention, the sling is a three point sling made by SpecOps.

Edited by Zaitsev

Currently, I either use a woodland boonie, or no headwear at all. I don't have a helmet yet, but as this is being turned into a Ranger kit, the helmet will be a MICH 2000 with a base of khaki (rustolium 1917) with a OD net pattern, and I will keep the black knee pads because that is what I have seen on Rangers. Once I get the new uniform, I will also get new boots, but as it will no longer be a woodland BDU, I will be buying tan boots to go with the multicam (or ACU if I decide to go in that direction).

Thanks for the comments guys!

-Mike

Edited by Zaitsev

As always, RG + M81 is awesome. You might want to try unrolling the gauntlets of the flight gloves either under or over the ends of your sleeves, see how that works for you.

For the straps, just get some OD 100 MPH tape and roll 'em up and tape 'em up.

Thanks! This is actual Ranger Green from Eagle Industries. The Color that is issued is a slightly different shade and is referred to as "1st gen" and also is a little bit more expensive (has to be bought on ebay usually). 1st gen is a bit closer to grey than green. Rangers are starting to use a Multicam and I was planning to use a Crye combat shirt for my Ranger impression. I may pick up some ACUs as well but probably won't use them in a game because they don't work too well where I play.

So the PC is actual RLCS?

Where do you hear the Rangers are using MultiCam? I've never heard nor seen such things, Rangers stick pretty tight to Army regs (from what I hear), and they tend to wear ACUPAT all the time.

My PC is not RLCS. It is the civ RG version. Also, the Molle PC isn't really RLCS issue (from what I've heard. But I've heard both it is and isn't issued). Anyway, it has been used. Usually the PC that Rangers use is an RBSS (pretty much a Ranger Green MBSS).

As for the multicam, the army is trying out new types of camo for Afghanistan. Multicam has been used by some SF for a while and is now starting to be used by Rangers in Afghanistan. 3rd Battalion I believe.

Here's where I got the idea for my kit (I later discovered that this is a very rare "swoop sides" L/XL RBSS but it looks very close to a PC and I still question my source a little on that one. :P

http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20Archiv...%20Kopp-006.jpg

In kit progression news, I've ordered an MSA Mich 2000 on ebay and plan to spray it rustOleum 1917 (khaki), get a replica one hole norotos NVG shroud, put some velcro in accurate places, plus petzl and maybe a strobe on the back.

I could always use some desert type camo for Green VS Tan games and so I think I'm going to go for some ACU for this impression as the correct Multicam uniform costs 145 for the shirt and around 160 for the pants.

Thanks for looking everyone!

-Mike

Yeah, I seem to forget there are more than one Ranger battalion. xD I do believe the non C-bund Eagle PC was issued, and they are switching to the C-bund model now, so I hear. Anyway, sounds like you've been doing your homework.

You might want some shoulder pads for the PC, though.

Unfortunately, the Combat Aparrel costs even more than that with tax, shipping, and pads added. The pants I got were $225 with pads, shipping, and tax added to the original $180.

I was thinking about shoulder pads, as I've seen them around on Rangers, but those will probably be one of the last items purchased because it seems like it's not as important to the kit (IMO). And I can say with great pleasure that I have been doing my homework :). The expenses of the Crye Combat apparel are doing a great job of forcing me to lean towards ACU :(. However, I'm still not fully convinced to go from working camouflage to a "look at me I'm from the gravel pit!" uniform, but for a good, accurate impression, without spending 200 dollars on pants, I may be forced to do so. It may not be as bad as I think though, as ACUs aren't too expensive and I still have my good ol' BDUs. Also the ACU shouldn't be too bad if I have to use a tanish uniform anyway.

So next on my to-buy list is a one hole norotos replica for the MICH. If anyone can find one for under 50 bucks please let me know. Probably a replica

Thanks!

-Mike

Edited by Zaitsev

I was thinking about shoulder pads, as I've seen them around on Rangers, but Those will probably be wone of the last items purchased because it seems like it's not as important to the kit (IMO). And I can say with great pleasure that I have been doing my homework :). The expenses of the Crye Combat apparel are doing a great job of forcing me to lean towards ACU :(. However, I'm still not fully convinced to go from working camouflage to a "look at me I'm from the gravel pit!" uniform, but for a good, accurate impression, without spending 200 dollars on pants, I may be forced to do so. It may not be as bad as I think though, as ACUs aren't too expensive and I still have my good ol' BDUs. Also the ACU shouldn't be too bad if I have to use a tanish uniform anyway.

So next on my to-buy list is a one hole norotos replica for the MICH. If anyone can find one for under 50 bucks please let me know. Probably a replica

Thanks!

-Mike

ACUPAT actually works decently well in some environments, too, so it depends on where you play.

As for the shoulder pads, they are a pretty important piece of the kit from a playability standpoint, as they make the shoulder straps much more comfortable, especially if you're carrying a lot of weight (plates, water, etc). They're only like $15-$20, too, which is nice.

So the shoulder pads are officially going to be bought eventually (like everything else :P). ACU I think it would work ok in fall where I play, but in the summer I don't think it would work too well. Most everything is a shade of darkish brown and green in the summer, while in fall, its a lot lighter and more pale shades of tan and grey from dead twigs and other foliage. But the ACU is starting to sound better and better, and it could be used as a fall kit, so that will be purchased as well.

I'll be getting an Eagle hydro pouch by the end of my kit, but right now I have a TT one. It seemed like it was riding a bit high to me after looking at the pictures again so I lowered it. It still doesn't seem quite right. Anyone have any suggestions on that?

Thanks for looking!

-Mike

Also just to chime in, both 3rd and 2nd Battalion are using Crye uniforms now. This is from the mouth of a Ranger in 3rd Battalion.

Very nice loadout mate, nice to see a good Ranger impression on this forum.

Only thing I could recommend would be some RLCS stuff, but thats just being Really Cool anal.

I assume by RLCS you mean 1st Gen Ranger green which I don't really plan on. But if not referring to the color, I replaced the shotgun pouch with an RLCS admin pouch and am planning on eventually buying an eagle hydro pouch (RLCS style). It's looking pretty good so far.

-Mike

Well like I said in my previous post, I do plan to go somewhat into the RLCS world. I already have an RLCS admin pouch (the one with the 90degree corners) and I plan to also buy an RLCS hydration pouch and flashbang pouch as well. Maybe more than that but that's what I'm thinking right now. Also, I've heard that Rangers wear only 1st Gen while one of the only places Civilians can buy 1st Gen is ebay, but I may be wrong. If you know more about this than I do, then by all means, please share with me what you know!

-Mike

Apparently, until around 06/07, only 1st gen was used by Rangers, but now it's a mix. Thanks for bringing this up SHARKY, I learned something today.

Here's a pic of the rig with the admin pouch:

pcfrontr.jpg

My MICH came today. It's in pretty good condition (I got it used) except for the strap. The pads are a bit banged up too so I think I'll replace them both. Here's some pics:

michf.jpg

michfs.jpg

michbs.jpg

Strap and pads that will be replaced. You can see on the pads especially why.

michstrapold.jpg

michpadsold.jpg

I have velcro, the paint is in the mail, and I plan to buy a regular MICH NVG mount instead of trying to find a norotos one hole one.

EDIT: I may not replace the pads, but they feel almost a little too snug and like the helmet is pushing up. Not sure if it's just me not being used to a helmet, or if it's a pad size too big. If it is the pads, does anyone know where to buy a 1/2" pad set? I know they are made by ZAP and maybe another company, but the only place I could find them was selling them for about 60 bucks. I looked on ebay but couldn't find any 1/2" ones.

Thanks!

-Mike

Edited by Zaitsev

Alright, you asked for some feedback so here it is...

The PC is wrong and if your doing a older time period load out (06ish) it is very wrong. Also just because you wear ranger green stuff does not make it a ranger load out. Ranger kits are very hard to pull off and are very time consuming. But here some advice to get it more rangerish.

-Ditch one of the man killer pouches, I would only run with 4 mags. Rangers roll with a massive support group so they run light.

-Put the MBITR in the place of the mag pouch instead of the back. It is useless back there.

-Paint the mich rustoleum 1917 and just follow the SOP for the time period your replicating. (if your going to a older one they DID NOT paint them any other colors so just leave it at the 1917)

-I would get a RBSS or RRV they really didnt use the PCs back then and the CIVI EI civi one is not even close to the issued ones. Or even a CIRAS.

-Wear ACUs really thats the only thing thats going to work with your current rig.

-Your gloves are wrong

-Boots are wrong, any khaki boot will work(Altamas, Oaks, ect...)

-You need a PACA

-You need coms, MSA sordins are preferred but Comtacs are used.

-If your going to use a Petzl put it on the mich and make sure you get the right petzl.

-Ditch the white undershirt

-The PTT is wrong, you need a U94 ptt.

-Put a mulitool on your riggers belt.

Now on to the gun,

Whats needed:

-PEQ-2.

-Light, M961 which you WILL NOT find the right one so your going to have to get a 6p on a scope mount.

-The Ap mount is wrong you need a M68CCO mount.

-Sling, EI 2 or 3 pt sling.

Just a quick note on RLCS, first and second gen.... RLCS is more important than if its 1st or 2nd gen. If your not going to want to dump a grand if not more into a rig than don't even try. I have about 1500 in my ranger kit and I am no where close to finished.

I based the front pouch placement off of this picture. http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20Archiv...%20Kopp-006.jpg

He has the same pouches (as far as I can tell, but I may be wrong) on the front (including the 3 m4 mag pouches. A PACA is un-needed as the Molle PCs have soft armor sewn in, and as for the helmet, as I previously stated, the Rustoleum 1917 was shipped yesterday. I forgot to say, I also have a plain black Petzl Taktikka. When I get new comms, I will get the appropriate PTT plus an MBITR repro. That is unless I decide to go for a Ranger kit without a radio, which some Rangers do, but they still wear the ear pro. That is just the one I use with my Iasus throat mic for regular airsoft games. Not for my Ranger kit.

The original pictures I posted have pretty much nothing to do with the Ranger inspired kit I am working on. I am planning on buying ACUs, but if I did use multicam (a crye combat uniform) it would be somewhat correct as Rangers have been using that in Afghanistan. The gun is what works for me in airsoft and if changed, will be the absolute last thing changed as the gear is what I am working to move toward Ranger-like.

Thanks for the suggestions,

-Mike

I based the front pouch placement off of this picture. http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20Archiv...%20Kopp-006.jpg

He has the same pouches (as far as I can tell, but I may be wrong) on the front (including the 3 m4 mag pouches. A PACA is un-needed as the Molle PCs have soft armor sewn in, and as for the helmet, as I previously stated, the Rustoleum 1917 was shipped yesterday. I forgot to say, I also have a plain black Petzl Taktikka. When I get new comms, I will get the appropriate PTT plus an MBITR repro. That is unless I decide to go for a Ranger kit without a radio, which some Rangers do, but they still wear the ear pro. That is just the one I use with my Iasus throat mic for regular airsoft games. Not for my Ranger kit.

*snip*

I believe only the SFLCS Eagle PCs had the sewn in soft armor, but I could be wrong. It doesn't cover as much as a PACA does, though.

I was pretty sure that the RLCS one did as well. But I just talked to someone who would definitely know about what PC is used and he said that the EPC with cummerbund is used but he'd never seen the one w/o C used. But I'm pretty sure it has. So there's another item on my list. An RG cummerbund.

I was pretty sure that the RLCS one did as well. But I just talked to someone who would definitely know about what PC is used and he said that the EPC with cummerbund is used but he'd never seen the one w/o C used. But I'm pretty sure it has. So there's another item on my list. An RG cummerbund.

The older ones used were teh non C-bund versions, but I've been hearing that they've been switching to the one with the cummerbund now. Some guys used the non C-bund version with an MSAP cummerbund as well.

What do you mean by sewed on? Is there cloth or a pouch or something that goes around the plate?

On another note, I put velcro on and painted my helmet just now and It's looking pretty good. Right now it's just the Rustoleum 1917 (khaki) but I will be adding the netting pattern. What other colors are in use? There's "Army Green" (1920) "Deep Forrest Green" (1919) and "Earth Brown" (1918).

I also ordered a MICH NVG mount, Belleville 790 boots, ACU issue pants, and a MASSIF Army Combat Shirt.

Edited by Zaitsev

I received the ACU pants in the mail today and figured I'd see how it was coming together. So I donned all of my gear plus my MCU level 5 in place of the ACS which I don't have yet and my old Merrel Sawtooth boots (which used to be very common within the Rangers until recently) and took some pictures. I am aware that Rangers never used the MCU but only the PCU, but they look pretty similar (Again, I'm only wearing it because I don't have my ACS yet). Keep in mind I do know that I am missing some things, the gear does not match as far as dates go and with some things don't fly at all, and that I still have A LOT of work to do with this. It is however starting to look like a "Ranger impression".

243i0ig.jpg2961bbo.jpg

crouchingle.jpgfiringpositionupe.jpg

This last one is a joke (in case you didn't notice :P)

baby2es.jpg

Edited by Zaitsev

Here's the ACS and NVG mount on my helmet. The ACS is unbelievable comfortable. I already knew about most of its features, but I didn't know it had elbow pads built in! They're not very hard elbow pads keep in mind, but they definitely make a hard hit a lot softer. Also, it's got two pen slots on the left forearm. Having a pen there may get in the way, but who said you have to use them? Anyway, here are some pictures:

acsz.jpg

nvgmount.jpg

The NVG mount is a bit shiny, so I'm going to paint that when I do the net pattern for the helmet.

Edited by Zaitsev

Here's the ACS and NVG mount on my helmet. The ACS is unbelievable comfortable. I already knew about most of its features, but I didn't know it had elbow pads built in! They're not very hard elbow pads keep in mind, but they definitely make a hard hit a lot softer. Also, it's got two pen slots on the left forearm. Having a pen there may

How'd you get an ACS? Massif only sells to military. They're incredible under armor, but they aren't very durable. They get little holes all in the mesh over your torso, and those elbow pads you mentioned ripped open pretty easily on mine. We got issued the ones with the Army Strong logo and although they were comfortable, you always had to feel like a giant tool when you put them on. We'd sing the little song from the recruiting commercial and make our jokes.... :a-laugh:

One of the biggest improvements in my mind the ACS makes is the zippered shoulder pockets - the velcro shoulder pockets always got caught when I'd don and doff my armor.

All in all though, your load out is pretty awesome man. You obviously put out a lot of time researching and finding your gear and a lot of money. There's a lot of time and dedication in your loadout and it looks pretty :censored2: sweet.

Edited by DocPeligro