Sign in to follow this  
mark134

can a convicted felon own a airsoft gun ?

If there were limitations like that, then I would assume they would do background checks before they sold airsoft guns.

Exactly. No check is done, no limitations beyond age restrictions.

Guest Gcommando36
yes I am a felon sadly

I stole money from a gas station one time it was just laying on the floor they said it blew off the counter top

but I didnt have to do any jail time

I hate it when people are stupid like that. It was on the ground. How were you supposed to know it was theirs. It's like saying it's illegal to pick up a penny off the ground after some guy dropped it a few hours ago.

Yeah. I understand your intent, but you can't change the quotes that other people made.

im going to erase all these comments now so noone can see them

I don't want to talk about what happend I just made it all up anyway its not the true story I don't want anyone to find out about this

You don't want to talk about what happened, but it's a fake story? Okay... I don't want anybody to find out about this... But you said it was a fake story?

I asked my attorney (I keep one on retainer for odd situations) a year or two ago. According the the Framme Law Firm, at least in VA, it's not illegal for a felon to own an airsoft replica because it has never been and does not expel a projectile by the "use of explosive powders". They said it sits firmly in the realm of a "toy". So rock on my friend, but double check for your state.

...................but double check for your state.

Best thing to do. You need to ask someone who practices or enforces the law in your area.

We have to be careful about giving legal advice out and trusting what we read on the internet. Just because someone on the 'net said it's okay, does not mean it actually is where you are.

What may be legal in my state may not be in yours. Guys, you should know better. :a-nonod:

If I wasn't so new on this site, I might be saying FAIL on everyone saying it's okay. But I won't LOL. This guy may be just yanking everyone's chain, but a quick search by someone with the same question will bring them to this thread.

Edited by BengalProductions

I asked my attorney (I keep one on retainer for odd situations) a year or two ago. According the the Framme Law Firm, at least in VA, it's not illegal for a felon to own an airsoft replica because it has never been and does not expel a projectile by the "use of explosive powders". They said it sits firmly in the realm of a "toy". So rock on my friend, but double check for your state.

Technically, even firearms don't expel a projectile by the "use of explosive powders." It's just a powder that burns rapidly. I've seen that definition used in many states though, which is kind of funny.