Sign in to follow this  
smoothsnipa

JG BAR 10 New internal question

I've been thinking about upgrading my BAR. I'm definitely getting a new spring and I think I'm going to get a new piston and spring guide. If I get a brand new piston and spring guide, not too high quality but definitely a step up from the stock parts, will my gun be able to handle an m150 spring? I know the BAR can easily handle a 130 even with stock parts, so is a 150 okay? Thank you!

Oh and two other questions:

Should I use .28 or .3 BBs if I use a 150 spring?

and...

Can I use WD40 as a lube for my spring, spring guide, piston, air nozzle, and barrel?

Thanks much

The 150 spring will not last long at all. A less expensive solution to the Z-trig is to get a new set of sears. These usually are about $60 for both a piston and trigger sear. Polar Star are a good brand to go with. The Airsoft Gi brand are less expensive but I don't know about the durability.

DON'T USE WD-40 TO LUBE YOUR GUN. Some non rubber/plastic parts are ok to use wd-40 on but you run the risk of the wd-40 leaking into more fragile parts of the gun. WD-40 can deteriorate your hop up bucking and o-ring. Some places that sell airsoft stuff are starting to sell pure silicone oil too. Crossman sells it as "Nitro oil", but it is silicone oil.

Edited by 6mm man

If I where u I would definently go with the asgi parts, they're made to withstand th 170 and will perform perfectly with the 150. I am thinking about making the same mods myself. I havn't personaly done this myself but if you want a cheap and durable product that is proven to work I would go with the asgi parts.

if you are also looking to upgrade your acuracy as well I would go with a 6.01 precision barrel and probably a knew hop up bucking, I have heard lots of different hop up buckings so I would research that next if you want to. You can find all theese products cheap on airsoft gi.