to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Chukonu

Do you leave your mags on the ground when you reload?

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you leave your mags on the ground when you reload?

• Yes
    • No, I replace my mags back in my pouches when reloading
    • Only If I'm in a firefight
    • No, I use a dump pouch

I was practicing reloading today when I discovered it's so much faster to reload if you just leave the spent magazine on the ground and grab a new one out of your mag pouch. Does anyone else do this or do you always put your empty mags back in your pouches?

Just curious,

6mm

Edited by 6mm man

If I find myself with no ammo while I'm still being shot at and for some reason can't find good enough cover, then I will do whatever is quickest, which is usually just to drop it on the ground. But since I paid for those mags, I would kick myself if I lost them, so I either pick them up before I leave or just put the empty ones in the new one's spot.

You either need to add an "other" option, or add "put in dump pouch" to the poll.

I only add about half a second (If any at all) to my reload time when I put the spent magazine into my dump pouch. And you save the possibility of getting the magazine damaged.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I had a dump. I could drop mags straight from the magwell into it.

Now I either use a Safeway bag dump (Ghetto FTW, it's an opfor loadout anyways) or just drop them on the ground then replace them.

The other one is posted with HORRIBLE grammar, has two options (neither of which are very comprehensive), it was obviously not very well thought-out and this one already has a good discussion going. I think the other one should go.

Uh, what? How is this poll stupid? It's asking people their opinions on an interesting topic.

The above is another example of a stupid post and why experienced players don't regard random troll-like aggression highly.

Uh, what? How is this poll stupid? It's asking people their opinions on an interesting topic.

The above is another example of a stupid post and why experienced players don't regard random troll-like aggression highly.

Agreed

I drop my mags on the ground only in a firefight, pick them up before I leave the spot, and then I either put them in a mag pouch or in my dump pouch.

I was practicing reloading today when I discovered it's so much faster to reload if you just leave the spent magazine on the ground and grab a new one out of your mag pouch. Does anyone else do this or do you always put your empty mags back in your pouches?

Just curious,

6mm

I just slam my mags on a table at my CQB field and pick them up after the game if over. But if Im using a box mag in my P90 I don't need extra mags to throw on the ground.

Guest Dpearrow

If I am in a long range engagement I will take my time, however if I am in CQB, or a short range firefight I will dump the mag right on the floor. no matter how much faster a "dump pouch" is than replacing the mag in your carrier, its still not faster than letting it drop. not to mention, running with an additional pouch of loos mags smacking you in the legs doesn't sound like a good deal in the long run. just my opinion, based on experience and military training.

Guest CheeseWiz

No! mags are expensive, I use my M4 pouches as a drop pouch [I have an extra one so there's always an empty slot to put the spent mag in]

I've actually gotten pretty fast at putting the mag in the pouch, so the reload motion is all one smooth thing, mag down, in, over, out, in.

I once threw a mag on the ground and a guy was running and stepped on it and broke it. But its true, its faster, but a little but of practice and a dump pouch helps.

OWNED BY TEAM

In the heat of battle (mostly in cqb only) I just drop and grab a new one and put it in, don't even look at the other mag fall or anything just let it go lol. In normal fights though I take it out, put it in my vest and grab another.

Edited by hmg9194

Disregard Dump-pouches, Acquire Fastmags + Tac Reload

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5i5NPsG_3M#t=0m40s

I rarely find myself shooting an entire magazine before I reload. Confrontations should never last that long. I find that tac reloading is way faster than dumping, and there is less time when there are no rounds in the gun

However, if I do need to get a good shot off suddenly mid reload, I'll drop it and pick it up before I move again

Dump Pouch FTW!!!

1) you don't break the plastic mags with the drop

2) mags don't get stepped on if they aren't on the ground

3) practice, you can get pretty quick with using dump pouches

thats just my views on why I like my dump pouch.

If you are in a spot and have time, take some of the spent mags out of the dump pouch and put them into empty mag pouches.

Edited by chrisnupp

It depends on my loadout but I'll roll with either a dump pouch, or place my magazines back in the pouches when I'm done with them as I carry just enough mag to fit the pouches + 1 for the gun(I never bi-round)

If I use my M4, it's honestly a tossup as to which I'm using, in days past when I used normal M4 mags I'd just slide them back into place in the pouch, but now I use PMags so I'd like not to get the nice ribbed texture ruined by constantly sliding them in and out of the pouch. But now I keep a dump pouch on the lowest molle webbing on my back so I just drop the mag behind me and it's out of my way.

My MP5 on the other hand, I replace the magazines on my chest rig back in the pouches because I cycle through so many of them, and will probably use a drop pouch with it as I'm going to add a leg rig with 9 more magazines(high speed setup + midcaps + long game = need lots of midcaps) so I'll have 19 MP5 mags on me total.

For my Sig552 I use a dump pouch because the nobs make it extremely hard to put the mags back in the pouch, so just stuffing them in the dump pouch is easier.

I don't ever drop magazines on the ground, no firefight is worth possibly breaking a good magazine or losing it.

Man I have lost a lot of freaking mags speed reloading, however now I use brightly colored duck tape so they are easier to spot.

I do have a dump pouch, however sometimes that can even take the extra second or two in a firefight. Long games lead to heavy dump pouches and sometimes I cannot fit anymore mags in my dump so I lay them down and come back for them.

I find that dual-mags take me longer to reload versus using a dump pouch sometimes, it depends on the gun really.

Well, I'm assuming that you use an M4 *coughamericancough* but I use an AK, so it works very well on the AK platform.

Edited by Kazansky

I drop em like its going out of style...however....I have replaced ALOT of fill valves because of it. Usually now my primary sidearm is co2 so I can let them drop without worry, and then usually only NEED one mag in my compact, because by that if I burned through all my 1911 mags t's usually too late. I'm also a wierdo that will hide rifles, mac10's, ammo, gas and grenades for myself. I don't recommend it, but I also mark my mags both visibly and INSIDE the gas reservoir so I don't get them mixed up, and nobody can go scratch in their name and BS me. Had to call people it on that. Once over multiple KSC Mac 10 mags. At $50+ bucks U gotta speak up. I also usually play at small or private fields so finding them is not as difficult.