AceMcHammer

What's the difference between Airsoft and MILSIM?

Can anyone tell me the difference between Airsoft and MILSIM?

Airsoft is still MILSIm but its how you play.

If Im hosting a Military Simulation(MILSIM) game, and you show up in levis and a yellow t shirt with a gun Im gonna tell you to go home and change. MILSIM is more tactics less run and gun. Being in the Army I only like to play in a MILSIM community.

MILSIM is how it's played. Paintball does MILSIM events too.

Tactics, squads, scenarios. Usually with guns and gear that make sense to the scenario.

Edited by TerminalMan

MILSIM stands for military simulation. While airsoft is played on a casual basis, MILSIM is not. In airsoft, rules are relaxed and a host of different weapons and gear are allowed including high capacity magazines. In MILSIM the guns and gear must closely match the real thing which renders things such as high cap magazines prohibited. The gear is also more authentic and the guns relate to the particular scenario.

Edited by Triggerhappy

Here are a simple look at the difference how you play airsoft.

Backyard Airsoft - Most people falls in this category

Milsim Airsoft - Most older players falls in this category

IPSC Airsoft - Popular competition style shooting in Hong Kong and Japan.

IPSC Airsoft - Popular competition style shooting in Hong Kong and Japan.

IPSC Airsoft is huge in Japan since Real Steal is Illegal. There is a competition shooter that practices with airsoft and will come to the states to compete in RS IPSC.

Airsoft is still MILSIm but its how you play.

If Im hosting a Military Simulation(MILSIM) game, and you show up in levis and a yellow t shirt with a gun Im gonna tell you to go home and change. MILSIM is more tactics less run and gun. Being in the Army I only like to play in a MILSIM community.

Wow, you're pretty hardcore for a weekend warrior. You also have a pretty narrow point of view as well.

You don't seem to realised the fact that currently firefights are between one nation and "insurgents". If you under estimate that guy in levis, yellow shirt and a gun, you are just asking to be killed.

Oh, as for always pointing out that you are in the Army in all you posts. Please try to stop that, you aren't the only one that is/was in the military and there really is no need to keep bringing that up.

Wow, you're pretty hardcore for a weekend warrior. You also have a pretty narrow point of view as well.

You don't seem to realised the fact that currently firefights are between one nation and "insurgents". If you under estimate that guy in levis, yellow shirt and a gun, you are just asking to be killed.

Oh, as for always pointing out that you are in the Army in all you posts. Please try to stop that, you aren't the only one that is/was in the military and there really is no need to keep bringing that up.

Ouch oh my god I got called a weekend warrior o oh my it hurts.....

Im saying if you show up to play as a good guy and your in your fun clothes youll go to the other team.

don't try to come in here and call me a weekend warrior to try and degrade me for my service to this country.

Everything I post about me being in the Army is just showing how real life techniques or equipment can be used in airsoft.

Edited by Bfour

MILSLIM games I play at run 24 hours non-stop so you can be shot at anytime.

With regulations on what kinds of mags a riflemen can use. Usually midcaps and lowcaps are the only type of mags allowed unless you're a machine gunner with a gun that is a real support weapon. M4's with boxmag's don't count.

Some milslim games take it a step further and require you to wear certain camo they specifiy or they won't let you play at all.

Have you served? If not then you need to STFU! If you have you still need to STFU! He has not pointed out he is in the Army in every post. Be a little more respectful of our men and women uniform.

Oohrah, Sorry Hooah!

seriously, it required two threads???

I think he is a Troll.

Im saying if you show up to play as a good guy and your in your fun clothes youll go to the other team.

don't try to come in here and call me a weekend warrior to try and degrade me for my service to this country.

Everything I post about me being in the Army is just showing how real life techniques or equipment can be used in airsoft.

Yes, you guys are weekend warriors. Truth hurts doesn't it?

Get your facts straight. Airsoft is a sport, there are no "Good Guys".

As for degrading your service to this country, you are a weekend warrior that went on ONE deployment. That isn't a BIG deal now a days where every active person gets deployed multiple times.

Until your unit spear heads into an unknown theater, then come back and talk. Oh, wait, you are a weekend warrior, nvm.

Have you served? If not then you need to STFU! If you have you still need to STFU! He has not pointed out he is in the Army in every post. Be a little more respectful of our men and women uniform.

I respect the men and women of the arm services. But I don't respect dumb :censored2: privates who is a weekend warrior who went on ONE deployment and now thinks he his hot :pain:.

So please, Satallite, STFU if you have never been in the military.

Disrespecting anyone in uniform is just Horrendous.

Anyone who has served DESERVES the same respect. No matter Active, Reserve, National Guard. Private or General.

He did a tour, He came back safe. Seems he's done more then you have.

Ever think he might have family to take care of?

My Dad was a reservist in the Marines. He was forced into it, he did not ask for it. He went to Iraq once, did not spear head anything. He was your so called "Weekend Warrior". He has done more and seen more then you could fathom.

Again PLEASE STFU!!!!

Disrespecting anyone in uniform is just Horrendous.

Anyone who has served DESERVES the same respect. No matter Active, Reserve, National Guard. Private or General.

No way, some one who is a full time soldier/marine/airman/sailor deserves much more respect then some one who does 2 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. There is no way a part time soldier will have the training, skills as a full time soldier. That is Fact.

He did a tour, He came back safe. Seems he's done more then you have.

Ever think he might have family to take care of?

And you think full time soldiers/marines/airmen/sailors don't have family either? Do you know how many families get destroyed in multiple deployments? Survive multiple deployments with your family intact then you can begin to talk about how hard it was.

My Dad was a reservist in the Marines. He was forced into it, he did not ask for it. He went to Iraq once, did not spear head anything. He was your so called "Weekend Warrior". He has done more and seen more then you could fathom.

Look I have nothing against your father, your father isn't on these forums bragging like a fool. Bfour is just some cherry with some crappy war stories.

Again PLEASE STFU!!!!

So you were never in the military. Kay, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. Thank you, go back to your pretend battles. If you really had any respect, you would have enlisted already. Apparently you don't really care much.

No way, some one who is a full time soldier/marine/airman/sailor deserves much more respect then some one who does 2 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. There is no way a part time soldier will have the training, skills as a full time soldier. That is Fact.

They both still went through Basic and AIT. That is a fact. Same Training! Do you know anything about how things work in the military? I know a few dozen or so Reservists and National Guardsmen that would love to kick your azz for saying that.

And you think full time soldiers/marines/airmen/sailors don't have family either? Do you know how many families get destroyed in multiple deployments? Survive multiple deployments with your family intact then you can begin to talk about how hard it was.

I have.

Stike 1

Look I have nothing against your father, your father isn't on these forums bragging like a fool. Bfour is just some cherry with some crappy war stories.

But you said he is not equal to an active duty person, so you do.

Strike 2

So you were never in the military. Kay, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. Thank you, go back to your pretend battles. If you really had any respect, you would have enlisted already. Apparently you don't really care much.

I was raised by Marines, I did 4 yrs of JROTC in HS, I have family that spans every branch. I know a whole lot more then you.

As for Enlisting, I was supposed to. Till I had my knee cap knocked out of place and had to have surgery to fix it! Thanks for reminding me AH!!

Strike 3!

Would you like to try again?

They both still went through Basic and AIT. That is a fact. Same Training! Do you know anything about how things work in the military? I know a few dozen or so Reservists and National Guardsmen that would love to kick your azz for saying that.

Basic and AIT. . . . . . . . . yeah, that really is some great training there.

I have.

Stike 1

really, and how many deployments have you gone on? Oh, that's right ZERO.

But you said he is not equal to an active duty person, so you do.

Strike 2

He isn't on equal footing as a full time soldier/marine. That is fact. Get over it.

I was raised by Marines, I did 4 yrs of JROTC in HS, I have family that spans every branch. I know a whole lot more then you.

As for Enlisting, I was supposed to. Till I had my knee cap knocked out of place and had to have surgery to fix it! Thanks for reminding me AH!!

Strike 3!

Don't give me that BULL. There are weavers for everything in the military. I went into the service with a broken femur. You had a busted knee, boo hoo. Get over it. There are people in the military with much worst conditions then a bad knee.

Would you like to try again?

Yes, its still funny how wannabe soldiers bring their inadequacies to the airsoft fields.

Basic and AIT. . . . . . . . . yeah, that really is some great training there.

really, and how many deployments have you gone on? Oh, that's right ZERO.

He isn't on equal footing as a full time soldier/marine. That is fact. Get over it.

Don't give me that BULL. There are weavers for everything in the military. I went into the service with a broken femur. You had a busted knee, boo hoo. Get over it. There are people in the military with much worst conditions then a bad knee.

Yes, its still funny how wannabe soldiers bring their inadequacies to the airsoft fields.

1.) what training would you get active that you don't in the reserves?

2.) YOU asked have I

Survive multiple deployments with your family intact then you can begin to talk about how hard it was.
I HAVE.

3.)He has the same training, done the same thing that active duty does. Same Footing.

4.)I have tried, a knee is a whole lot different from femur. It's not just a "Broken Knee".

Most Reservists, Or "Weekend Warriors" as you so like to call them, Still had to do/ or will do 4 yrs Active duty. They are still on par.

You have bad mouthed and Basically slandered my Family.

You have shown that you a bitter person and have a lack of respect for anyone who isn't active duty no matter the circumstances.

I will not stop until told otherwise by Moderators or Admin. Because I respect them.

Edited by satallite

I've noticed this a lot on this forum. Someone comes asking a legitimate question and there will always be someone who comes in and give an arrogant answer because he, real or otherwise

a) has been airsofting for 50 or more years and is an 'expert'

b) is/was in the military

c) has lots of knowledge about airsofting

I respect people who have airsofted for a long time. Maybe you do know more. I respect people who have served his or her country in uniform. But all that means nothing when that someone comes and posts in a condescending manner. You may know or think you know more but being an a$$ about it still makes you an :censored2:

1.) what training would you get active that you don't in the reserves?

Do you really have to ask? No, really, do you honestly think that a person that does 2 weekends a month, 2 weeks out of the year has the same skills/abilities as some one who does the job full time?

2.) YOU asked have I

I HAVE.

And how many more deployments did your father went on? Did he left the service right after?

3.)He has the same training, done the same thing that active duty does. Same Footing.

Except he does it 2 weekends a month, 2 weeks out of the year right? Yeah, less work and on the same footing, my appologies.

4.)I have tried, a knee is a whole lot different from femur. It's not just a "Broken Knee".

I assume that since you are on this forum, that you are playing Airosoft right? So how bad can your knee be if you are still able to play airsoft.

Most Reservists, Or "Weekend Warriors" as you so like to call them, Still had to do/ or will do 4 yrs Active duty. They are still on par.

Yeah, 4yrs, that's great.

You have bad mouthed and Basically slandered my Family.

So your whole family are weekend warriors? Wow.

You have shown that you a bitter person and have a lack of respect for anyone who isn't active duty no matter the circumstances.

You seem to be pretty bitter yourself. Could all this be really coming from the fact that you weren't able to join the service and has to live the life you wanted by proxy? If so, I am truely sorry for you.

And there you have it people. Milsim isn't anywhere near being accurate as military training. Just look at the weapons these so call milsimers bring to the field. That's their idea of what military service is like. For anyone that hasn't actually serve, remember, airsoft is just a sport, please don't act like it's some sort of training for actual military purposes.

Do you really have to ask? No, really, do you honestly think that a person that does 2 weekends a month, 2 weeks out of the year has the same skills/abilities as some one who does the job full time?

And how many more deployments did your father went on? Did he left the service right after?

Except he does it 2 weekends a month, 2 weeks out of the year right? Yeah, less work and on the same footing, my appologies.

I assume that since you are on this forum, that you are playing Airosoft right? So how bad can your knee be if you are still able to play airsoft.

Yeah, 4yrs, that's great.

So your whole family are weekend warriors? Wow.

You seem to be pretty bitter yourself. Could all this be really coming from the fact that you weren't able to join the service and has to live the life you wanted by proxy? If so, I am truely sorry for you.

And there you have it people. Milsim isn't anywhere near being accurate as military training. Just look at the weapons these so call milsimers bring to the field. That's their idea of what military service is like. For anyone that hasn't actually serve, remember, airsoft is just a sport, please don't act like it's some sort of training for actual military purposes.

1.) Yes I do. they do the same job, less often. still the same training still the same outcome.

2.) 1 more and he did not

3.) It comes out to more then then just one weekend a month 2 weeks a year. They also still go to war and do the SAME job as the Active duty.

4.) Bad enough to keep me out by their standards.

5.) Most people that are active usually only sign for 4 years

6.) No a few are active, a few retired. All show more respect for their fellow soldier then you.

7.) No I am bitter because there are pricks out there,like you, that think they are better then everyone else, and That give good men and women a bad name,

We never said the MILSIM was the equivalent to real military training. And what is wrong with the airsoft guns we bring to the field? This is just a game! We are reenactors. we have set rules an guidelines. You should feel flattered that we airsofters want to emulate what other people have done for us.

1) How can some one that does the job less often offer the same results?

2) So he went on 2 deployments? Does he brags about it and make it a point to bring up those deployments when he is trying to give advice for airsoft?

3)Don't you think I know that?

4) But not bad enough to stop you from playing airsoft right? Look, if you really want to join, go find a recruiter and get him to get you in the service. Don't stop, keep baggering him. It's a lot of paper work but it can be done. Don't let your knee be an excuse in life. "if only my knees weren't bad"

You'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't atleast try and fight for what you want.

5) They put on the uniform and chose the life style for their terms. The military isn't a job, it's a life style.

6) Respect is earned.

7) You seem to have very romantic ideals of what the military is like. It's an illusion that most civilians are only too happy to see.

Reennactors? So what battles are you guys reennacting? I've been to a few civil war battles reenactments, those reennactors didn't have tacticool rifles.

Satellite and Freedan, STOP YOUR ARGUMENT NOW. Before a mod comes in here and cleans this up. Every man/woman who has served deserves your utmost respect. In one of your argument points you say "respect is earned" by reading your posts I lost all respect towards you. Did you serve? Because to be honest I can't see how someone who served could down on of there brothers like that, it is this kind of immatureness we don't need on the forums. Satellite you are in the wrong too, you should have just left it alone as to abate this argument.

-Wert

Satalite Thankyou for your back up. But don't even give this guy any ammo. Hes just a disrespectful fool. I might be a PFC and I might be in the Guard, But he know nothing of the training Ive done, where Ive been, What Ive done. He doesnt realize its not about the mission, the status of your job. Its about how you get the job done and you knowing you did it great. I may not be active duty, Ive got my reasons for this, But that doesnt make me less of a soldier. Are you in the guard? You know for a fact that I only train 2 weeks a year 1 weekend a month? Cause your wrong. I might be in the guard but your a civilian who doesnt know how the system works. Im in the AGR assigned to a training battalion on Ft. Dix and Picatiny Arsenal. I test all the new gear coming into the Army and the Guard and then train Guard, Reserve, O yeah AND ACTIVE DUTY PERSONNEL, on the new equipment. Ive spent more tim ein the field over the past 3 years then alot of my ative friends. Theres no reason to keep this guy in here any more thinking hes cool.Because I take pride ein what I do. IVe worked very hard for what Ive got and where I am. Its a matter of self satisfaction and pride that he'll never understand. Thanks again satelite! :a-salute:

Edited by Bfour