Sign in to follow this  
smoothsnipa

Bolt pull ridiculous at best

I don't think I knew what I was getting in to. I ordered a lot of brand new parts for my JG BAR 10 to get it shooting at 500 or so FPS. This included a new spring guide, piston,150 sp spring, trigger sear and piston sear. I installed everything perfectly, my gun has no problems and it should last forever. The only slight problem I'm having is that I can't seem to actually fire my gun. The bolt pull is insanely heavy, it doesn't help that I'm only 14 and not extremely strong, but even adults would have trouble cocking this behemoth of a spring. The simple solution would be to buy a teflon cylinder right? Well, I don't have the money for one right now and I'm pretty sure I don't need one if I have a 150 spring (this is what virtually every guide and post about upgrading a BAR 10 has stated). The best solution I can come up with is to buy a 130sp spring and lose 50 or 60 fps, but if there is an easy cheap way to help the bolt pull be a little lighter? I'm up for ideas, anything will help

Note: I have already lubed the cylinder and all internal parts so don't just say "oh lube up your cylinder and you should be fine"...

I don't think I knew what I was getting in to. I ordered a lot of brand new parts for my JG BAR 10 to get it shooting at 500 or so FPS. This included a new spring guide, piston,150 sp spring, trigger sear and piston sear. I installed everything perfectly, my gun has no problems and it should last forever. The only slight problem I'm having is that I can't seem to actually fire my gun. The bolt pull is insanely heavy, it doesn't help that I'm only 14 and not extremely strong, but even adults would have trouble cocking this behemoth of a spring. The simple solution would be to buy a teflon cylinder right? Well, I don't have the money for one right now and I'm pretty sure I don't need one if I have a 150 spring (this is what virtually every guide and post about upgrading a BAR 10 has stated). The best solution I can come up with is to buy a 130sp spring and lose 50 or 60 fps, but if there is an easy cheap way to help the bolt pull be a little lighter? I'm up for ideas, anything will help

Note: I have already lubed the cylinder and all internal parts so don't just say "oh lube up your cylinder and you should be fine"...

After you cooked the cylinder can you move the cylinder smoothly?

Pull back the bolt 10-20 times a day so you can build up those muscles. To my understanding, pulling a bolt back is like pulling a bow back in that it uses different muscles than you normally use. You could also try a Teflon cylinder.

Edited by 6mm man

What your experiencing is normal. I have a 150 and a 170 for my VSR and most of the under 18's can barely pull it back. Youre just to small and young to be working that kind tension. Sorry to bust your bubble. But I have a teflon and it doens't really make it much easier. I'm 23 and can't cycle the bolt without dropping my aim.

What your experiencing is normal. I have a 150 and a 170 for my VSR and most of the under 18's can barely pull it back. Youre just to small and young to be working that kind tension. Sorry to bust your bubble. But I have a teflon and it doens't really make it much easier. I'm 23 and can't cycle the bolt without dropping my aim.

Teflon cylinder WILL help, that is the solution I used! It is still going to be a bit heavy.

Necro! Yay!

And age has nothing to do with it...you could be 23 and weigh 120 pounds.

Well I am a big guy, and old by some yous guys standards... and my 170 setup is a handfull and a half to use... After 1 30 round mag, I would be too spent to even look at my VSR.... I love the range though.. but I think I am gonna go down a bit.