Sign in to follow this  
E J

In search of someone who has experience

A while ago I bought a black vest. I realize now that black doesn't blend in very well. So I am looking for someone who has successfully painted a vest or some other part of their gear without getting a hard and crusty result. Anyone who has done this please PM me.

Edited by eege

I didn't paint mine, but I did take some camo duck tape (which I found at the local Wal-Mart) and put tape over the pouch flaps and larger exposed areas. I've done that with two of them. I sold both of them to my brother about 4 years ago and they are both still functioning with no issues.

The one on the right is my brother wearing the vest.

DSCF4448.jpg

Might help you out...

I would only try this if you have a replacement....

Mildly bleach it...... Then re dye it with a more camo friendly color..... Or paint.....

You could also use fabric glue and glue some material of the desired color to the more noticable parts... Like an old set of Woodland BDU's cut up and pasted to the vest.... Or sewn to the vest.. Which ever works best for you... With the glue it is replaceable and you can change at any time when needed...