varma1339

Madbull co2 adapter and gbbs?

Ok so while browsing airsoft gi I saw the madbull c02 adapter. Basically a device that allows you to fill a standard green gas fill valve with c02.

It says that it is only for grenades and not for gbbs but some gbbs can take c02. Some of the kjw 1911s for example. I was thinking that since

my ghk ak can use c02 magazines that it might be possible to fill the regular green gas magazines with co2. The only problem is how would the magazines

hold up? I fear they might just start leaking due to the pressure. Is this a bad idea?

Do you have the all steel gun already? I am getting my steel kit parts this weekend. Get the Co2 connector instead of the one that uses powerlets.

It should save you a ton of money on gas.

C02 connector

Report back, I would be interested to see the results. If it works we could save a ton on gas. 1 20oz co2 bottle is $5 to refill and gives around 1500 rounds of

paintball whereas a tank of propane is now like $4 and only has around 600 shots of airsoft.

yepper, my gun is all steel. the ONLY worry I have is that my hammer spring will need to be raised above the 150% it is at now. here is the piece.....

* Custom PDI 6.01 TBB (G26 Advanced TBB, cut, beveled, and fluted to fit the standard barrel)

* GUARDER STEEL SLIDE AND BARREL (the holy grail!!!!)

* Guarder enhanced Recoil spring

* Guarder Enhanced Hammer spring

* Guarder Steel Recoil Guide Rod

* Guarder High Output Valve (customized for better flow)

* Guarder Steel Trigger Lever

* Guarder Steel Magazine Catch

* King Arms Air Seal Chamber

* Firefly Rocket Valve and Piston Head Set (see below)

* STEEL Magazine Extension

* STEEL Rear Sight

* KJW Heavy weight Frame

* SILVERBACk Laser sight

* Clipdraw Real Steel clip (replaces need for IWB Holster)

* BRAND NEW internals (every single part and spring)

* Shooters Design Steel Valve Knocker for Marui G17

* Guarder Enhanced Loading Nozzle (shaved down to accept 2 return springs)

the only thing that is aluminum, is a custom fabricated Firefly Rocket Valve and Piston Head Set.... (it was meant for a P226, but I altered it to fit the TM, basically just 20 minutes on a lathe)

also, the piston head pictured has a :censored2: o ring, so I am currently running the Guarder Piston head, but I will likely get the 9 Ball metal one soon, also aluminum. these aluminum parts are FAR superior to their plastic counterparts, and I am confident they will withstand the abuse the CO2 would put on the gun.

firefly-rocket-valve-set-marui.jpg

and, since I am a pic Professional, this is what it is all on....

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

(I have a laser too, which is FUN at night!!)

daybeforeH20003.jpg

Edited by Mike McNair

Don't do it. The difference in PSI between Propane and CO2 is something like 120 versus 600 PSI. This isn't safe, and you could seriously hurt yourself by exploding bits of your gun and/or magazine.

thanks, I fully understand the risks involved. remember, you only live once!!! :)

I will likely get the 9 Ball metal one soon

The nineball one also has an oring unfortunately... I hate mine. Lol. It slips off all the damn time (At least the nineball for the Hicapa does don't know if they are the same). Get a PDI Alum Piston.

Edited by The Vainguard

I don't think the glocknade is possible with airsoft as co2 isn't stored at a high enough pressure inside of airsoft guns to break through the magazine walls.

The biggest issue I see with using CO2 inside of gas airsoft gun magazines is that the seals and valves might get stuck or blown, thus causing massive leaks and rendering the gun useless.

I don't think the glocknade is possible with airsoft as co2 isn't stored at a high enough pressure inside of airsoft guns to break through the magazine walls.

The biggest issue I see with using CO2 inside of gas airsoft gun magazines is that the seals and valves might get stuck or blown, thus causing massive leaks and rendering the gun useless.

if you stored 800psi in a magazine that is designed to hold roughly 80-100 psi and its maximum should be about 300psi you would either blow the seals first, or the magazine would infact explode.

if you stored 800psi in a magazine that is designed to hold roughly 80-100 psi and its maximum should be about 300psi you would either blow the seals first, or the magazine would infact explode.

Seals. The seals are much weaker than the pure aluminum/steel encasing. It most likely would not explode.

But it would be cool to see!

Edited by The Vainguard

This whole idea wouldn't be as exciting if it didn't come with both high risk and benefits. I understand that the pressure of co2 is way higher than that of

green gas but my argument is that if those tiny thin walled 12 gram co2 powerlets can hold co2 then a solid metal magazine isn't likely to fail.

And if it does it will be the seals or something. If this works then we will be able to fill our gbbs from large 20oz co2 tanks. By the way nice gun Mcnair. I love the glock 26 - The 26 subcompact frame has got to be one of my all time favorites. You seem to have every single part upgraded! Report back as soon as you get the co2 adapter. Also I should get my ak steel parts any day now.

I have one of these adapters, I bought it with the intention of refilling my Tanaka m700 in the field. Well, you can put gas in the mag just fine. The problem is: Sometimes the firing mechanism (pin or hammer) won't be strong enough to push it in, and on top of that, as stated earlier, you only get a couple shots because almost no liquid CO2 gets into the mag. You expend the actual gas and then you run out of go juice.