Sign in to follow this  
varma1339

Overseas shipping questions

I placed an order on ebaybanned on the 31st of october and still have not received it. It took them two weeks to "process" the order and they shipped on the 18th of november. They gave me a tracking number, the only problem is that when I input the tracking number on the hong kong post website it has been saying the same thing since the 19th:

Destination - United States of America

The item (RB002271451HK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 19-Nov-2009

My question is what happened to the package? Is it that they simply failed to update the tracking info? Is the the item lost?

Has anyone had similar problems with EMS or hong kong post ? Does it really take two weeks to process for departure?

It could be stuck in customs, or it may have been sent by boat. When I ordered my KSC Mk23, I got the gun relatively quickly, but the gas I ordered had to be shipped by boat and that took a hell of a long time. I ended up forgetting that I had ordered the gas. I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up at my house.

If I recall, ebaybanned will generally ship by the cheapest method, which is usually airmail or registered airmail, if not "ground" shipping. They have low prices which are basically hong kong prices with cheap shipping built into the price, and due to that attracctive low price, they have to cut corners somewhere, and that is usually in processing and shipping speed. By ordering there with their "free" shipping, you are basically expected to wait as long as it takes for them to get around to it, and sometimes, you have to email them frequently to get a tracking number, and sometimes, the tracking number will just be one for some other order to keep you satisfied and thinking your order actually shipped. By the looks of that tracking number, it appears to be a registered letter, meaning it's basically registered airmail. It also says that it will leave Hong Kong on Dec 3, although you said it should have left on the 18th or something.

Outward Registered Letter

Destination - United States of America

The item (RB002271451HK) will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 3-Dec-2009

Registered airmail generally takes 6-10 days or something from when it leaves to when it arrives. The last package that I had ordered (not from ebaybanned) took a total of 12 days from when I got the tracking number to arrival by registered airmail. If the package was sent by EMS (which costs much more, and unlikely from ebaybanned due to their low prices), it would have been shipped, and arrived within about 3-5 days, or at least that has been my experience with EMS. My last order from ebaybanned was too long ago for me to remember exactly how long each stage took, but I do recall that something weird happened with the PayPal transaction such that they got the payment, but there was no record of the order in their system, so I had gotten an email from then soon after I had placed the order, and it was relatively quick to process and ship. I think it took probably about 2 weeks after it shipped until it arrived.

Also, I believe airmail comes over into the states then gets handed off to USPS, and USPS is often quick (at least for me), but if you are worried about where it is a week or two after, you could check with the post office and see if they have anything based on the tracking number in their system.

My experiance with EBB was it took a total of 3 weeks from when I orderd to when it actually arrived. That was with their free shipping, but I assume their free shipping is going to be slow. If you want faster shipping go with any worlwide express service such as EMS or TNT

Ebaybanned took around a month for me. (probably like 3 weeks) I ordered a G36K railset. Ebaybanned just takes a while.

Ehobbyasia.com, on the other hand, is very fast and usually only takes 9 days maximum. (it's usually less, but it's near the holidays)