to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
prplpanda123

MOLLE vs. "Fixed"

MOLLE or Fixed Vests  

81 members have voted

1. 1. MOLLE or Fixed

• MOLLE Vests
    • Fixed Vests
    • I go shirtless!

I use a (fixed) Crossdraw Vest. What I mean by fixed it that it is not modular or not able to use different pouches at different locations ( The existing pouches are attached or "fixed" to the vest)

My Crossdraw Vest however has some MOLLE on it, that I used to replace the crossdraw pistol holster with a double magazine pouch.

Edited by GillieGuy45

I use so many different combination of primaries (G3, G36, M4, MP5...), secondaries (G19 in Serpa, M92 in dropleg, etc), and run so many different scenarios (CQB, MOUT, massive high-desert, woodland) with so many different lengths (1 hour games to 3 day ops) that a single vest would not be able to fit my needs for magazine capacity, utility, comfort, weight, etc. I need MOLLE for the customization potential.

I use TT Mav as well as an HSS Plate Carrier, both MOLLE. Maybe you should add an ALICE option, there are quite a few guys who run ALICE at my local fields.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention ALICE, or other belt and suspender systems. I think American Body Armor also made a modular vest in the '80s, although I can't find much about it online.

As a gunner (in airsoft and for realsies), one of the biggest problems I have to deal with is limp gear. Big bits of 7.62 link make MOLLE pouches sag like no one's business. That's why I'm having a couple fixed-pouch vests done up custom, as BHI's LRAK and LBT's 1195 aren't to my liking.

Vest? What Vest?

I go for a battle belt!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3646

On this thing I can carry two glock pistols, at least 6 hicap P90 magazines, 4 M203s, a dump pouch, 2 speed loaders and a can of green gas.

I can easily put on more if I use pouches with molle on top of them to stack.

And if I need the extra + hydro, the MAV II highspeed harness and MAV vest.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mavvestbody2piece.aspx

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/xharness.aspx

This gives me two bands of molle, one across my chest and one around my waist, the molle hydro pack on my back, and molle on my shoulders to carry all my gear, but all of it moves with me, instead of being rigid like a vest.

With this I can still sprint through rocky hills and woods without slowing down, and that's with a FULL loadout.

I usually have space left over. XD

Good times,

-Sav.I

Vest? What Vest?

I go for a battle belt!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3646

On this thing I can carry two glock pistols, at least 6 hicap P90 magazines, 4 M203s, a dump pouch, 2 speed loaders and a can of green gas.

I can easily put on more if I use pouches with molle on top of them to stack.

And if I need the extra + hydro, the MAV II highspeed harness and MAV vest.

the great thing about this setup is that I'm a really slim guy, and a runner, but I carry just as much as anyone else on the field.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mavvestbody2piece.aspx

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/xharness.aspx

This gives me two bands of molle, one across my chest and one around my waist, the molle hydro pack on my back, and molle on my shoulders to carry all my gear, but all of it moves with me, instead of being rigid like a vest.

With this I can still sprint through rocky hills and woods without slowing down, dive roll into tall grass, crawl and fight prone without much trouble. and that's with a FULL loadout.

I even have space left over. XD

Good times,

-Sav.I

SHIRTLESS!!!!!! Ha ha ha. jk. I saw some guy play paintball shirtless one time. It didn't go well :a-blushing::a-censored::a-gross: . I will say though that I contributed to those bruises that he had. :a-thumbsup:

I really prefer MOLLE, just because you can change it depending on what kind of game you are playing.

Note: Just because I play paintball doesn't mean I prefer it over airsoft. I think airsoft is way better.

I like MOLLE, because when I sell my gun for a new gun, I can just buy new pouches rather than a new vest if the mags are different. I also only have pouches I want/need. You also have control of where the pouches go and what feels more ergonomically good to how you play.

The MOLLE System is more practical. This is partly the reason majority of the LBEs give to soldiers are using the MOLLE system. It is the most adaptable system. I bought my brother a Condor rifle bag for his M4 for Christmas last year and it came with MOLLE system on the front and large ammo pouches to carry M4/M16 mags. He just loads the magazines in the pouches, put his gun in the bag, goes to a game and when he gets there instead of pulling all the magazines out of the pouches and putting them is a fixed vest/belt pouch set up. He just takes them off his rifle bag's MOLLE system and attaches them to his MOLLE vest he got.

Fixed vests usually have everything that I need, where I need it. But I use a MOLLE vest only because I like the look of them a lot more than fixed vests or chest rigs. On my CIRAS, I have the mag pouches front and center anyways. Then the Admin pouch I have just to fill up the remaining MOLLE space, I don't really even use it. My dump pouch is the only thing on the sides of the external cummerbund, but I would have put it on my belt if I didn't have the cummerbund. Then I have hydration on the back. It's been this same set up for both the Weesatch and CIRAS, I only bought them for looks.

Fixed. This is airsoft and my load doesn't change that much. MOLLE makes sense for the military because it saves them money in the long run. Pouches are cheaper than vests and this way the same vest will work fro multiple roles. I've found that for my own use I spent just as much money on customizing my various MOLLE rigs as I did on buying a couple different fixed vests or belt rigs. (Which being ALICE are still modular.)