Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Put down that cell phone pal

So many of you are probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about after reading the title. Well, before you leave PLEASE read the thread at least, and post your thoughts if you want.

Yesterday, Wednesday December 16th 2009 a Senior at Morgan County Highschool was killed in a car accident. I didn't know the guy too well but I can tell you he was a good guy and fun to hang out with. I don't go to Morgan County Highschool but found out through a friend about his death. The cause of his death was texting while driving. You heard right. A normal highschool kid, a Senior about to go to college and live his life further died tragically due to texting.

You know how your parents say "don't text while you drive! It's dangerous!" and you give them that bullsh*t response "right mom, I won't!"? Yeah, well I've been doing the same thing for almost 2 years now. I've texted while I drive DESPITE the warnings. I've had no close calls but the death of this friend brought me back to reality in a heartbeat. IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

And worst of all, I picked up a new phone the other day with a touchscreen I'm not yet used to and earlier yesterday before I heard of my friend's death I was fumbling with my touchscreen, driving with my wrists. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! I feel lucky as sh*t it wasn't me and all of you who can drive should as well.

So I want to encourage you guys to join with me in texting as little as possible if not AT ALL while driving. I would hate to see or hear of one of you guys getting hurt or passing away due to a stupid text message. Drop the phone for a few minutes or at least make a call to your friend rather than texting, it'll keep your eyes on the road.

Please post your thoughts if you feel like it.

I aviod texting, and don't even have it on my plan. I won't use it, and I'm not very good at it (it takes me a couple of minutes just to type a name in an address book)

Too comics to live by

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=30

http://xkcd.com/458/

Several people from my HS died every year from texting while driving, and several of them had friends in the car that went with them. Don't text and drive, states are making it illegal for good reason

You're twice as likely to kill someone or crash while texting than while you're drunk.

Don't do it. Nobody thinks you're cool if you do, and it's not worth the risk to yourself and to others. You may not care about yourself, but it's your responsibility not to kill someone because of your negligence.

I agree 120% with this. Yes, that's right, my agreement goes beyond mathematical possibilites. I don't plan on texting while driving, people say it's no big deal, but I agree with you that it IS a big deal. I see multitasking all the time, and it annoys me sooo much. Even my parents do! Well, they rarely recieve messages but when they do they spend 5 minutes typing the reply >.>

And my mom is always digging through her purse or something. That really bugs me too.

I can't even drive.

However, related to Highschool deaths:

One kid committed suicide and two girls were killed by their father at our school.

Cool strange depressing story, bro.

I can tell you from working at a hospital...nothing like zipping some kid younger than me up into a body bag. It happens, it's real, just 'cause you're young doesn't mean you can't die.

No text message is important enough for you to put your face through a windshield.

Urban dictionary

designated texter 6404 up, 704 down

October 20, 2008 Urban Word of the Day

buy designated texter mugs, tshirts and magnetsa passenger who reads and replies to any and all text messages recieved on the drivers phone, thus alowing the driver to focus on the road and not hit anything or get pulled over for reckless driving.

Guy 1: "Woah, I almost hit that telephone pole back there, Dude you should be my designated texter

last year we had a girl in a mustang convertible die infront of the school entrance because she was texting and drifted into the opposite lane.

survival of the fittest (or smartest) I guess..

Edited by KingKrispy21

In your opinion what is the -spam- used for? Do you have a basic understanding of the knowledge about it? If you want to know more about it, then you can stop your step then you will get the information and the knowledge you want.

They're used for getting arrested. These devices are entirely illegal in the United States so that your precious government has them, and you don't.

Edited by alberty