to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
airsoftguy25

What is the junkiest gun you guys have gone against?

As there seems to be many individuals referring to the most humorous incident they have encountered, I would like to share mine:

The player I recorded for the majority of a single match had been carrying an "off-brand" SIG 552. Unfortunately his battery gave out, and the player resorted to throwing BBs and small pebbles. For this reason I began recording the opposing team.

After about four minutes of recording, I noticed a player from the enemy team waddling back to his respawn point. He called out in a frazzled and energetic tone to another player on his team, one I can assume was his friend, "I just got hit by a rock" Not particularly a gun, but enough to apparently count as a hit.

This was one of the most entertaining moments I have ever experienced while recording airsoft.

Side Note: A few individuals had referred to spring FAMAS possibly made by Cybergun. I recently found one that happened to be spray-painted industrial yellow in a trash can at one of my fields. Funny item to throw away though, as it did and still does seem to work without any flaws whatsoever. The gun was initially transparent before being painted, but the handle, magazine and upper receiver are black; ergo, we now refer to this gun as "Bumblebee"

Edited by Colonel Wood

Side Note: A few individuals had referred to spring FAMAS possibly made by Cybergun. I recently found one that happened to be spray-painted industrial yellow in a trash can at one of my fields. Funny item to throw away though, as it did and still does seem to work without any flaws whatsoever. The gun was initially transparent before being painted, but the handle, magazine and upper receiver are black; ergo, we now refer to this gun as "Bumblebee"

You dirty trashpicker, you probably have Herpes and/or Scoliosis now. Shame on you.

To contribute the the thread I might have already commented in, my buddy who is still a wee nooblet bought a spring Glock at a yard sale for $2. He claims it was a great investment, and when he ran out of ammo in his M4 he decided to use it. Much to his dismay it had a range of about 20 feet and when I shot him, he dropped it and the slide cracked.

One of the funniest stories I know is we were playing a capture the objective game, we had to move down a hill and get a team member across the stream. I was moving down the hill when I got hit not a minute later a guy came running up the hill and the outer barrel and upper receiver fell off his gun, so it was just the lower receiver gb and inner barrel of the m4 but it still fired and he keep going up the hill shooting.

A friend of mine is still using his CA M15A4 from 2000. It has been fixed many times to the point its been working pretty good these past few years.

The gun has so much natural wear on it from its 14 years of use. When I get the time, I should take a pic of it, it's quite a a janky mess.

This kid had a bright green 3/4 scale "cqb" m4. Dude, this thing was bad, hell, it had a scope on it, and the scope was wear the bbs were stored.

Ha, I just saw one of those at the last game I went too. Granted the kid was with a birthday party group, so it wasn't like he was really into airsoft or anything, but still…

Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but both the bolt and the scope rail on friend's sniper rifle are held together entirely by JB-weld. It may look like crap, but shoots just under 500 FPS. Also, he keeps several granola bars and other assorted food in the stock. :a-laugh:

Ha, I just saw one of those at the last game I went too. Granted the kid was with a birthday party group, so it wasn't like he was really into airsoft or anything, but still…

Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but both the bolt and the scope rail on friend's sniper rifle are held together entirely by JB-weld. It may look like crap, but shoots just under 500 FPS. Also, he keeps several granola bars and other assorted food in the stock. :a-laugh:

Dude, that green m4 didn't even have a collapsible stock, it was removable! Friggin hilarious.

My friend had the green M4. It broke in a few days I think. The idea of keeping food in the stock is amazing though!

The crappiest gun I've gone against? Look at this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Colt-.25-Spring-Pistol-Twin-Pack/28893053. It shoots 140 fps, and it barely even hurts from point blank. (Just a small sting.) It's actually my gun that my grandparents got for me for Christmas. It came with 10,000 .12 bbs. They don't really know anything about airsoft. I've gone against it in airsoft skirmishes with cheap guns. My friends all think it's the coolest thing ever. It is kind of a fun little piece of plastic though...

My airsoft buddy's first gun was a clear Walmart springer that chrono'd at 108fps. My friend's friend had an L96 that barely got to 45fps. It was metal where the real one was metal, though, so I'm not sure what was wrong with it. Finally, some guy at my field had one of those AEG-minis that was clear and the scope was the "magazine."

At an event there was a guy on our side that had an MP5 with the stock and front end missing. It was basically a receiver and shiny barrel sticking out of it with the batteries scotch taped on. The owner was so stubborn too because he was with our group and we had plenty of spare guns to loan to him but he wouldn't have any of it

SecondWind, I almost laughed out loud when I pictured the MP5! How did the gun still work? I think it was about time for a new gun. That's brave to show up with a gun like that though. It's also pretty stupid though. It could stop working in the middle of a firefight. That would suck...

Oh god

I am forced to go against every unimaginable, horrible clear LPEG out there every other weekend.

There are no real airsoft fields where I live, and I can only make it to the occasional airsoft day at Three Rivers Paintball. So, I play at my friend's farm with people who actually think

their Wally World Crosmans are better than my JG MP5.

oh dear god, don't get me started on crosman. the only thing they have that is half-decent is the spring pistols. those things last till the ends of the world.

Anything Dboys, but that goes without saying, I suppose.

I've gone up against a few dboys Kalash models not unlike my own at one of my co-worker's recreational games. By the game's end they were all broken beyond any field-repair capability. Externally...just once, internally...moreso

Edited by Jeebus Christmas

Since I play with a lot of newbies, here's a list of some hilarious failures that I have seen (I still consider myself a newbie, since I still have lots to learn :-D)

ACM sniper rifle where the stock and the barrel separated during the game.

ACM AK held together by masking tape (blue electrical tape would be fine, but masking tape is plain disrespectful)

Marui Hi Capa left on shelf, found disassembled neatly after a game.

Classic Army m4 charging handle completely comes out by pulling on it

ARES Ameoba almost blows up after putting 11.1v Lipo

And of course, my Rusty, Misfeeding (probably due to magazines that need modification, or a bad loading nozzle) AKS74u and my extremely rattly WE Makarov pistol. Both of which I'm proud of.

Edited by 16kuokhc1