to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
prplpanda123

If you could camo your gun...

What camo would you paint your gun?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What camo?

• Arctic
    • Desert (3 color)
    • Woodland
    • Digital (ACU)
    • MARPAT (Digital Woodland)
    • Urban
    • Blue Tiger
    • Red Tiger
    • Fall
    • Tie-Dye
    • Hunting Camo
    • Gold
    • Other (specify)
    • Nothing

Guest Gcommando36

I paint most of my guns free-hand, but I can also do woodland, tiger stripe and possibly MARPAT if I can make a good stencil.

m4aimpoint.jpg

I would never paint that beautiful body...maybe I should buy a plastic one to mess around with paint jobs on.

Copyofdougsglock003.jpg

This probally doesn't count but who doesn't love a two tone Glock?

I wouldn't paint any of my guns... Never really fancied the look I guess. I like the regular blacks, greys, silvers and occasional dark earth an whatnot (provided it's a manufacturer stock color and not a custom thing). Don't get me wrong, I see some M16s or sniper rifles that are painted and think "Damn, that's a nice gun! Cool paint!", but I don't think I'll ever do it. No, I prefer the old school stuff anyways. The more wood the better. I might consider it on a sniper rifle though, maybe, if it helps me be more effective.

well it would depend upon how many headshots I had.

Guest Gcommando36
MARPAT, FDE, or ATACS.

ATACS is such an easy pattern to paint. I'll have to try it on my next gun.

For an AK with wooden handguards, wear and tear is the best paintjob :a-thumbsup:

Straight up.

I'd do a two-tone with either solid colors or freehand Vietnam Tiger Strip knock-off.

my opinion,olive drab and urban camouflage are the best all around camouflage for general CQB and Woodland fighting but I would change my camouflage to blend into the environment if needed.such as sniping or bushing other players during a certain season or environment.

I'd probably do a woodland theme because most of the outdoors fields around me are very wooded although I'd probably lightly dust it with a tan or khaki color because the past summer was on the drier side so there's more brown than normal.

Guest CheeseWiz

I'm actually debatng between woodland, multicam, mock wood and tye-dye for my Lr-300, I would do the pistol grip, handgaurd, and a fixed sopmod stock I have with maybe a few mags as well. not sure. Definitely not till I have all my internal stuff done though, It's just too expensive.

As the first comment on this topic said, the only color a gun should be is black. No paint needed, and yes OD and tan accessories are ok, but there are plenty of ways to make a gun "camo" without painting it, thus not being able to reverse it, if you have a selection of different ghille wraps, you can customize your gun to fit where you're playing and what season. Some other ideas are mixing up the colors on the MAGPUL XTM modular rail covers, or the JBU rail covers, that have a piece that fits together on each side of a rail length thus making it a sort of digi camo look.

I've got a woodland scheme on three of my guns, but I want to get a couple guns that I can paint non-tactical like a Gold/Black or Orange/Yellow/Blue (NERF! :D ) scheme, just so it'll stand out, but I've found on the camo guns you need to leave quite a bit of black or it'll look overloaded. Besides, how often is it that your gun gives you away if it's not a sniper rifle.

cmon guys go urban camo......sweet looks and its great for a dark enviroment........that would look awesome on my AK but alas that is being traded for a nice M4 that I will NEVER paint (black M4s look so sweet as they are in my opinion).....

I would LOVE to paint my new Masada ACU to match my loadout. (And NOT because of MW2).

But I don't have the balls needed to paint an expensive CNC'ed Aluminum receiver.

I'd use camo wrap, but there is limited areas it would work due to the very long charging bolt pull.

I was tempted to paint my cheap M4 receiver a black/white/gray digital, just to look cool, but then I realized it'd look too much like a pair of old VANS shoes.