to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
airsoftguy25

What is the most unlucky thing that has happened to you while at a game?

Most unlucky thing to happen? Playing on a private field with some very steep cliffs, fell from a smaller ledge before the game started, and broke my leg... :( I quickly decided to lessen my load

Funniest? On same private field, jump off a fifty foot cliff face, into the lake below, only to get on my team's boat, and the other team's boat drove up and emptied their gbbrs into our surviving team.

Edited by Tr3chnos

Zombie game, running around with my trusty shotgun (single-shot, insanely accurate for a $25 gun). There were only a handful of us survivors left. I was at the back of the group trying to hold off the incoming horde. I turned to run and...

Tripped over a log.. and landed on my shotgun.. which snapped in half. Then, when I drew my pistol it wouldn't fire and one of the "infected" tagged me.

And, of course, the gamemaster got it all on video.

in the middle of a firefight, my M4 stopped working out of nowhere. I tried to fix it on the field an ended up getting hit. I got revived and made a retreat across a creek, I slipped off the bank and landed rifle first into the water. after the game I took the back part of my stock off and saw all the wires just pop out of the back.

post-83836-1372324462_thumb.jpg

We were playing a game of "Vital hits" (center mass, head, neck groin shots-- all other don't count). I had my ballistic shield, and was facing off against a guy with an G36c. So I'm fighting this dude, my shield is blocking all his bullets, all my attention is on him, and another guy pops out of a bush and hits me center mass with a SPRING PISTOL. My worst death ever.

I was at Codename Thunder X, weekend before last, showcasing the new HALO Battle Rifle I'd just built and was preparing to sell.

My team was trying to create a skirmish line across the field, with our epicenter at one objective point in a small basin full of rocks and trees.

Our boys were being mauled by enemy fire, and were just barely managing to hold the enemy off because for the most part, our tactics consisted of "Sit behind sparse cover and wait until OPFOR has dialed us in." You know how that works.

Our JTACs were behind relaying field information to HQ, but due to intermittent enemy fire, they couldn't push up far enough to begin triage on our wounded.

I decided I'd had enough of just trying to cover the objective until we got the points for it; we needed to lock it down to keep everything behind it safe, too.

I called to let JTAC know I was going to put some heat on OPFOR so they could start working on bringing our wounded back into play, and repel the enemy unit trying to move in on us. It was gonna be great.

Except, I had to pick a spot full of giant rocks to trip on. Two steps. Ate s#!t in another pile of giant rocks, coming down right on top of the brand-new prototype gun.

I had to make a joke out of it because otherwise I would have looked like a big baby. But inside, I was crying like a toddler whose icecream fell off the cone. The world had basically come to an end five minutes into the game.

Until I fixed it, of course. The mag release was totally knackered, and I had to make a new one by flattening out a spare cylinder I had in my parts bin, (ran it over with my car because I couldn't find a hammer) cut a chunk out big enough to replace the damaged section of the release, cut a slot in it with a file (Took an absurdly long time to do, mind you) and then broke the rest of the mag release trying to put it back together. Fortunately, the field was just being built, so the staff had a tube of pipe cleaning solution in one of the trailers that I was able to use to fuse the unit back together, then superglue the brass element into place.

I will be reengineering this in the future.

I've yet to go to actual games or skirmishes since I'm still fairly new to the comp. airsoft scene, but when I was younger the neighborhood gang and I would play with our little Wal-Mart springers all the time. We of course had eye protection, and I wanted to be cool so I got goggles instead of glasses. At some time my goggles became too fogged, so I took them off to give a quick wipe, and I was shot in the eye.

The lucky side of the story was that it was just the corner of my eye, so no damage was actually done once the swelling went down.

I took myself out in one of my first games lol. I went along with my college roommate to a semi organized game and all I had was a spring glock and a spring Desert Eagle vs guys with aegs and tactical gear. I had loads of fun as a kamikaze decoy with dual pistols or tried to grab flags but I saw an opponent who was rehydrating and wanted to take him out with a spring gun. I tried to sneak up behind him to a distance where I could hit him. The excitement and suspense built up as I got closer and closer. Right before I was going to fire my glock I tripped and fell forward. The gun went right under my chin and went off. I called myself out cause I'm honest lol and I was laughing so hard. He thought a sniper got me and yelled thank you and laughed.

Here's a similar Hollywood version lol

Edited by papovka

I am pretty new to airsoft, and this is something that happened mostly to my frends. Me and my friends (all no older than 13) decided to try the "hunger games" with a bunch of cheap springers and mini carbines and pretty much a bunch of crappy guns. We put all the guns by a tree in my friends backyard, lined up about 40-50 feet away, counted down 5, and charged towards the weapons. We got to the weapons and it was chaos!!! All of us were tackling, pushing, (and I think there may have been a few punches) stealing guns and bbs, and running away. You can guess how that went. We did that a few times and one of the times I got everyone out before they could run off. So, overall... pretty stupid idea. (sorry, a little off topic. Not really unlucky, just stupid)

Okay, here's something a little more on topic. It was my friends birthday party, and he doesn't have a big backyard, so we had worked it out to use my half an acre. (not as big as a field but it worked) He brought some friends over and his older brother who has an aug that he claims was 600 dollars but he got it for 200. We started the game, (Again, if you read my last reply, I am new to airsoft) and lots of people had cheap springers. My AK died with its cheap 8.4 volt "test battery" so I had to get my 3 round burst shotgun. But then we started playing juggernaught. The guy with the aug was the juggernaught, so we started the game. I got shot, so I let my friend trade his spring pistol with my shotgun. a little bit later I found out that my hit was ricochet, so I went around to the side of my house to get the shotgun and my shells. For some reason, almost everyone was back there in the narrow space between the house and the fence. Right when I noticed that, the juggernaught comes around, and takes almost all of us out at once. :a-laugh: Then one of the guys pulls around the corner with his sniper rifle, BANG, 5 feet away (didn't go over all the rules, oops) and my arm is bleeding and swollen. I still have a scar from 2-3 months ago.

Okay, here's something a little more on topic. It was my friends birthday party, and he doesn't have a big backyard, so we had worked it out to use my half an acre. (not as big as a field but it worked) He brought some friends over and his older brother who has an aug that he claims was 600 dollars but he got it for 200. We started the game, (Again, if you read my last reply, I am new to airsoft) and lots of people had cheap springers. My AK died with its cheap 8.4 volt "test battery" so I had to get my 3 round burst shotgun. But then we started playing juggernaught. The guy with the aug was the juggernaught, so we started the game. I got shot, so I let my friend trade his spring pistol with my shotgun. a little bit later I found out that my hit was ricochet, so I went around to the side of my house to get the shotgun and my shells. For some reason, almost everyone was back there in the narrow space between the house and the fence. Right when I noticed that, the juggernaught comes around, and takes almost all of us out at once. :a-laugh: Then one of the guys pulls around the corner with his sniper rifle, BANG, 5 feet away (didn't go over all the rules, oops) and my arm is bleeding and swollen. I still have a scar from 2-3 months ago.

Had smuggled myself and a socom 16 into a third story sniper's perch with good cover and an excellent flanking vantage on where the opposing team was pouring out of the woods. No sooner than I got settled in, ready to wreak some havoc, somehow or another, a bb snuck its way through a 20mm wide crack and bounced off of my boot...

That was a fun walk off the field.

Had smuggled myself and a socom 16 into a third story sniper's perch with good cover and an excellent flanking vantage on where the opposing team was pouring out of the woods. No sooner than I got settled in, ready to wreak some havoc, somehow or another, a bb snuck its way through a 20mm wide crack and bounced off of my boot...

That was a fun walk off the field.

If that happened to me, while I was walking off the field, my gun might misfire at the guy who shot me. :a-laugh: Just kidding. I'm not a sore loser.