Sign in to follow this  
machineman

how serious do your games get?

do you take prisoners and engage in hand to hand combat with plastic knives, etc.?

Prisoners = depends on if I’m feeling moral at the moment.

Hand to hand = yes if you can sneak up on some one

Plastic knifes = ABSOLUTLY!

As for it leading to other things, this is airsoft people! if the people you’re playing with can't take a little hand to hand, or getting there throat slashed, they should not be playing so kick them off the field.

I use a small wood knife I tap people with to get them out if I can sneak up on them. As for prisoners, only done it once, and it was hilarious! I used him as a meat shield they wouldn't shoot at while I laid down full auto because he was their best player! Then I let him go, ran back to my bunker and lit him up because we took his gun! Major lulz. And we only ever have intense physical contact for our zombie game mode. Any physical contact from a zombie and you're a zombie. We all don't care about getting rough though, we're young and fit we can take it LOL. Plus my group really is not legit at all. We don't backyard airsoft, we play in private woods and we're safe and everything still, but we're all in it for good fun, and don't take it way too seriously.

This is very, very much a 'depends' issue. During a large, public game, physical contact is prohibited (and with good reason). However, during small games with good friends, I have seen hand to hand take downs and disarms. Normally, small games aren't in close enough quarters for situations like that to arise, though I actually look forward to disarming some one of a rifle and dropping them on their :censored2:. So physical contact (disarms, takedowns); okay for friends, absolutely NOT during public games.

I've read of public games where prisoners could be taken, there were rules however, and eventually they respawn or go back into play some how. I also know of public games with knife kills acceptable, with the rule that "if your knife can not bend and twist, you may not use it."

I actually had a really funny story where my friend (sgt tard) and I were walking into a forest.(We were playing a quick 2 on 3 game) My brother (Ryan's Privates) popped out of nowhere and actually scared the crap out of me. I ran behind a tree and proceded to grab my cameraman, take him hostage, and use him as cover all the while he is getting pummeled with bb's and screaming, "OWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" :a-laugh: I held on to him while I fired my pistol at the enemies and we eventually won.

Guest Gcommando36

Once I played a helicopter scenario that got pretty intense. No hand to hand or anything, but you constantly heard yelling from across the map, and it was near impossible to go in the open with out seeing a wall of BBs your way. Some guy shot me in the arm from 50ft away with a hot rifle too, ouch.

Guest OpSic66
Good Lord no! Physical contact during gaming leads to other issues. It is and should be discouraged.

What kind of wildabeasts are you guys playing with?

We commonly have prisoners in some games. Hand to Hand combat invovling a rubber knife or hand tap is perfectly fine. Now wrestling someone to the ground against their will. That's just stupid on ALL parties involved.

What kind of wildabeasts are you guys playing with?

We commonly have prisoners in some games. Hand to Hand combat invovling a rubber knife or hand tap is perfectly fine. Now wrestling someone to the ground against their will. That's just stupid on ALL parties involved.

Haha!

I've done some pretty stupid things during OPs and airsoft bivouacs.. But hand-to-hand combat is against the rules.. (Yes, we play with 500+fps guns; but have a rule against aggresive physical contact).

We have gone to the point where trousers got stolen, guns went missing, and all those sort of things.. Sometimes, competition gets too fierce that it becomes personal, or a team thing.

As far as prisoners, the most serious we got were the use of cuffs. A few minor cuts on the wrists, nothing more.

Of course, this is one of the major headaches when organizing games. Especially when teams play (or cheat) to win.

But most seem to get along after the game. A few make grudges, which makes it exciting!! (see you next time thing) Hehehe.

Uh... exactly how would the trouser thievery work, tantrik?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but just to answer this question.

It was a 2-day (1Night) game, 3 camps.

One of our DEA Buds decided to have an early morning (5am) swim at a river alongside our camp after their 3 hour patrol. He failed to inform the assigned guards, he just wanted to dip into the cold water to wash away all the mud.

He failed to notice that lurking in the bushes was a strike team from one of the opposing camps. They must have been there for a while.

I guess instead of trying to infiltrate our camp, and steal our flag, they decided to hold my bud as prisoner.

They started approaching, fortunately one of our guards spotted them from the distance and opened fire. We had 3 M60s at our camp, all firing at the opposing team's patrol.

Out of the panic, the opposing team just grabbed his trousers, which was conveniently hanged on the bushes. So bye, bye trousers..

At least he wasn't taken prisoner. He fought the entire day with only undies..

The trousers were never recovered, unfortunately..

HAHAHAHA!!!

MORAL LESSON: Always wear underwear.

When the opportunity of taking prisoners presents itself, I will take them.

As for physical contact, when I play with a certain couple of friends, we will resort "half-contact" (What's half of Full contact?) Which means no kicking or aiming for the head. We use rubber knives and one of my friends brought one of those Nerf swords just for fun once.

Usually, no. Theres no physical contact and no prisoners unless its a bigger scenario or something like that. Your average airsofter tends to freak out when rubber bayonets hand to hand are used. Personally its not necessary on your typical airsoft game. Im prior service, so it doesnt bother me if someone wants to try some different tactics. Just be safe and smart about it.

do you any of you practice martial arts(reality based like krav maga or army combatives).....an airsoft field would good place to get some realistic self defense practice in, giving everyone agrees. disarms and seize/control techniques would be very applicable in a controlled environment

I take Okinawan-Te Karate. Been doing it for 7 years know and have become a Brown belt Black tip.

Please don't get the "Black-belt" Factories confused with the different styles.

This particular style I take is less showy (Tae-kwon-Do) and uses a mix of Chinese and Japanese (Okinawa was a trading port used by both countries)

It use a lot of Tae(Hand)-jutsu (I DO not relate this to Naruto!!!) and "Instant Kill/disarm/knockout" moves.

its nice to see people involved in traditional, yet relevant arts. I have devoted 15 years of my live so far to the arts. everything from tkd/kickboxing(black), shotokan(blue), american freestyle karate(black), emperors long fist kungfu, and mma with no gi ju juijitsu (think eddie bravo) and just recently krav maga. I will most likely train until I cant walk.