Irock13

THIS type of thing is turning people off from airsoft!

The reason the UK has such strict airsoft and... um... kitchen knife laws is because it's violent crime rate is 3X higher. If I ruled the UK I would be pretty strict on airsoft too.

Yes, but the crime rate is up BECAUSE of the laws. It skyrocketed after the passing of the gun-ban in '97 (or was it '99?). Look at Chicago and Miami. Both have crime problems, but they have two inherent differences:

-Miami has Castle Doctrine AND Shall-Issue permit laws, and their homicide rate alone has dropped significantly.

-Chicago has neither policy, in fact, they banned handguns all together back in the 80s and carry-permits aren't allowed PERIOD. The result? Chicago is STILL one of the worst cities with crime and homicide rates.

Oh, and I vote to have this discussion moved to the RS section. Mind you, we already have thread on gun-control there and it's stickied.

From what I understand, the trouble that the Chinese clone manufacturers got into later last year was because people were buying the guns, gutting the internals, and using them as disposable one-time-use rifles to commit terrorist-esque problems. Something like shooting the gun once and blowing out the window of a grocer or something of the sort. Mind you, the people who did this were in China.

I didn't watch the video yet, but if really wanted an airsoft gun to shoot real bullets, I'd just buy a real gun, which is much cheaper and less time consuming than converting the airsoft gun.

WUT? REALLY?

Dude, for a one time use like that (zip-guns in the Brooklyn vernacular), it's be FASTER, CHEAPER and EASIER (and probably safer) to make a gun out of old plumbing tubes... or even WOOD!

This kind of stuff is crap! How on Gods green earth is some little kid going to make a airsoft gun shoot a real round? In addition to that why would a parent let kids.... KIDS, run around in the woods (obviously in the middle of no-where according to the video) with any type of gun unsupervised. If a child dose not know the difference between an airsoft gun and a real gun then they should not be unsupervised, end of story. I mean jeeze, when my dad was young him and his friends would shoot each other with BB guns and Roman candles! (of coarse they had proper protection) Like stated above, just because we have airsoft guns dosnt mean we are gonna shoot up a school or go try to rob a bank or something. Gah! just like all of you guys, this makes me so mad.

You guys need to look at all of the stuff that is giong on... Not only here in the states, but in every other country out there. There are many people out there that are looking at Brittin, Australia, and places like that.... That currently have very strict weapon laws. Not only real steel weapons but the "fake" weaponsm, weather they are airsoft, cap guns, nerf guns, or anything like that.

There are certian people out there that see a gun.... and think it is a terrible weapon. Could be just a solid plastic replica... but it is still an assult weapon. They look at these other countries and see how "good" these countries are and want to make the US just like that.

Heck just watch some of the new articles.... there was one from around my parts that showed a kids room after he was arrested for making threats to a teacher at home... They showed his room and he had a tricked out Rugger 10/22, and a few airsoft rifles. They panned across them and then showed his "cashe" of ammo. He has like 3 boxes of the bulk ammo, 550 rounds in a box people. Heck I have about 10 times that sitting in my basement right now. The title of the segment was about how easy it was for this teen to get a stockpile of assult weapons and advanced sniper rifles.

Alot of people anymore will just take what they hear from the media and follow it 100%. If any one of the media giants would come out tomorrow and say that sunlight would cause cancer in normal people... we would have people scrambling to cover themselves before they step foot outside.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that people anymore don't want to do any of there own research. They just want to be spoon fed everything and not have to do anything on their own.

So as we are all upset about what was being showed in the video and what not.... We all need to make sure that we protray our sport in the best light that we can. And try and educate the people around us and make sure they know what we are using and what we are doing. Just be safe and be smart about how you are handling your airsoft weapons... beacuse alot of people see a rifle and will freak out.

You guys need to look at all of the stuff that is giong on... Not only here in the states, but in every other country out there. There are many people out there that are looking at Brittin, Australia, and places like that.... That currently have very strict weapon laws. Not only real steel weapons but the "fake" weaponsm, weather they are airsoft, cap guns, nerf guns, or anything like that.

There are certian people out there that see a gun.... and think it is a terrible weapon. Could be just a solid plastic replica... but it is still an assult weapon. They look at these other countries and see how "good" these countries are and want to make the US just like that.

Heck just watch some of the new articles.... there was one from around my parts that showed a kids room after he was arrested for making threats to a teacher at home... They showed his room and he had a tricked out Rugger 10/22, and a few airsoft rifles. They panned across them and then showed his "cashe" of ammo. He has like 3 boxes of the bulk ammo, 550 rounds in a box people. Heck I have about 10 times that sitting in my basement right now. The title of the segment was about how easy it was for this teen to get a stockpile of assult weapons and advanced sniper rifles.

Alot of people anymore will just take what they hear from the media and follow it 100%. If any one of the media giants would come out tomorrow and say that sunlight would cause cancer in normal people... we would have people scrambling to cover themselves before they step foot outside.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that people anymore don't want to do any of there own research. They just want to be spoon fed everything and not have to do anything on their own.

So as we are all upset about what was being showed in the video and what not.... We all need to make sure that we protray our sport in the best light that we can. And try and educate the people around us and make sure they know what we are using and what we are doing. Just be safe and be smart about how you are handling your airsoft weapons... beacuse alot of people see a rifle and will freak out.

I knwo what you mean. about a year ago some disgruntled teenager Made a *I kill you* threat agianst a teacher and and soem students, the police raided his hosue and guess what they found. a Red rider bb rifle and like 4-5 Airsoft shotguns and rifles and appaerntly he ended up getting in troble and the local DA wanted to throw the book at him claiming he had assult rifles and other what not. Its just peopl see replica and go real gun. Also that ad confirms a quote from men in black.

A person is smart, People are Stupid. Tomy Lee Jones.

....sigh.....

I rather doubt that this commercial is being taken seriouldy in the UK or anywhere else. Even if it is, doesnt the UK already color all Airsoft guns florecent green?

I think that's only if the person doesn't have the appropriate license to carry it around without a two tone color scheme. So basically all those under the age of I think 18 there must have a two tone gun with bright green being one color...

You'd be suprised as to who would believe this. Anyone without any firearm knowledge would probably believe it. This would also just be fueling the fire to those already against any form of firearm.

This commercial was the second time I've ever seen a child get "killed" on TV, the first time being in the most recent Rambo movie...