CCBPES34

KJW M700

After lots of researching,thinking, and deciding. I'm going to get the KJW M700.

I have a upgrade path, but I want to know what you guys think of it.

A. Internal Upgrades

1.G&G Striker Spring

2.KA Hop-up Bucking

3.SCS Hop-up Nub

4.G&G Rubber Set (Where do you install this?)

5.Gas Route Spring ( What US retailers carry this item?)

6. Airsoft Gi PSG1 6.03 Inner Barrel

?? G&G Plunger Set ( Is this needed? )??

B. DIY Mods

1.Teflon Tape the Hop-up

2.CO2/HPA System

a.Aim Shock Paintball Regulator

b.Coiled Hose

c.CO2 Changer

d. Fixtures

3. Barrel Spacers

C. External Upgrades

1. KA Silencer Adapter

2. Madbull Gemtech Silencer ( I'd like one that makes the gun quieter. Will this one work? )

This what I have got so far, but this list is not set in stone so, feel free to recommend something else.

Thanks,

SAS

P.S. What bb weight should I use? I was thinking about Madbull .40s

Edited by S.A.S fan34

I would also do barrel spacers (thats DIY)

and get the "police verson" (or the one that dosnt brake apart into 2 peices)

the take down verson costs more is harder to adjust hop up and ive head its not as acurate (bad air seal I geuss)

I would also do barrel spacers (thats DIY)

and get the "police verson" (or the one that dosnt brake apart into 2 peices)

the take down verson costs more is harder to adjust hop up and ive head its not as acurate (bad air seal I geuss)

I was planning on getting the non-takedown anyway. Barrel spacers added. Anyone know of a guide on how to make those?

3.SCS Hop-up Nub- Unsure if it will fit in the hopup nub slot without modification. Let us know how this turns out for you.

4.G&G Rubber Set (Where do you install this?) This replaces the seal at the bottom of your actual bolt. It is a tube looking piece.

5.Gas Route Spring ( What US retailers carry this item?) Not sure it can be found in the US. It's hard enough to find upgrade parts for the Tanaka or KJW in the US already.

Dentrinity carries the spring and a pretty kick :censored2: valve and plunger kit as well. Uncompany used to be the place to go for all Tanaka/KJW replacement needs but they've been sold out for a while on many things. I haven't required one so maybe if you place a call they'll order one for you.

Dentrinity gas route spring

Uncompany gas route spring

6. Airsoft Gi PSG1 6.03 Inner Barrel Who make this? Airsoft Gi is retailer and don't make their own barrels. The barrel is a critical part of your rifle

?? G&G Plunger Set ( Is this needed? )?? This is a durability mod. The striker plate will start to wear and you'll see physical dents begin to develop. This will require slight adjustments over time to your regulator's pressure as the distance between striker and plate grow and the chance that the striker will hit or slide off of a groove edge. Not a major change but enough to consider fixing at some point.

B. DIY Mods

2.CO2/HPA System You did your homework. Good. You've got a solid setup there and that's actually a good price for that remote setup considering it comes with a slide check. If you want something more compact let me know and I can post a slip fit setup with McMasters fittings.

C.

1. KA Silencer Adapter

2. Madbull Gemtech Silencer **Note: the KJW is already a pretty big rifle. Adding a silencer will make it live up to the term "Long rifle".

P.S. What bb weight should I use? I was thinking about Madbull .40s Personal preference. The weight on the .43's make up for the air bubbles although you might get a flier from time to time. I still use Bioval .27's which are extremely consistent although it makes reaching out to the 300 mark a real challenge as they're petering out of energy at that point. They're also more expensive.

** barrel spacers: I was really keen on running as many as possible when I first started out. Later Bnoji mentioned that they didn't see much of a difference in their gas rifle builds. I gave it a try with only one and the accuracy didn't change. I came to the conclusion at that point that the violent action of spring rifles necessitates so many spacers as the cylinder slamming into the cylinder face sends vibrations along the entire rifle...including the barrel. Our gas rifles are pretty much vibration free with the exception of our tiny strikers. A single spacer pretty much eliminates any barrel vibration and is better suited for just properly aligning the barrel.

P.S- Let us know how your regulator turns out so that I can add it to the useable regulator list I posted in another thread. It looks like a modern version which might have a inverted washer spring stack instead of the older coiled spring style. That might need some break in.

Edited by Brainplay

Thanks Brainplay! You're always a big help. As for the ASGI barrel, I was just on their site, and discovered they don't make a 6.03 barrel for the PSG1. However, they do have a 6.01 barrel for the KJW M700 & PSG1 for under $50! It's manufactured by a company called Masamune , but I believe the specs for it were designed by ASGI. I'll get one, and see how good the quality is. But, even if its not DBC quality, for that price it's a steal. :sombrero2:

SAS

I'm using a Madbull 650mm in mine. It's a 6.03mm, but it's cheap, and effective after its had a chance to break in (Only one rifle out of my entire collection of 5 has anything other than a Madbull barrel, and that's because I'm too lazy to reset my hop up; it'd take about 1000 or so rounds to break in).

On the ammo. Madbull .40, .43 are actually more expensive than bioval bbbs by about a third of the price. I have not fired bioval's so I don't know how the two compare in accuracy. I can say that the ultra heavy's main pro is their lack of wind issues, wind just doesn't move them. Ultra heavies do leave and irritating residue in the barrel and hop up which may or may not change the accuracy.

I would suggest getting some bioval's and Madbull ultra heavies, use both and pick your preference.

I have been using Madbull 0.36g BBs in both my fully upgraded L96 and my KJW M700 for several months now, and I have yet to experience any residue left behind by the BBs (even with the usual periodic bucking checks and barrel cleanings). Not to mention that (at least with my L96; the M700 is still on the work bench) my accuracy has been spot on to out to what I believe to be at least 275 feet.

I'd suggest the 0.36g's, as they are (in my opinion) the perfect balance between weight and cost.

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but something has recently come up and I will not be able to get the KJW. You've all been a big help, and I'd like to keep this tread open so everyone can use it.

Edited by S.A.S fan34

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but something has recently come up and I will not be able to get the KJW. You've all been a big help, and I'd like to keep this tread open so everyone can use it.

Most definitely keep this thread open.

I just purchased a KJW M700 with the hopes of doing the mods contained in this thread.

Here's what I have so far:

KJW M700 purchased as "broken" from a boneyard sale. Did not come with a mag. Supposedly, what was wrong with it was that the bolt was not strong enough to make contact to fire. Hey.. It was cheap $80. Everything else seems to be in great shape.

Items coming this week: Masamune 6.01mm barrel 640mm -- $45, King Arms M700 Striker Spring/Steel Impact Plate -- $35, KJW M700 Metal Gas Magazine -- $38.

It's a start. Hopefully the striker spring will remedy my bolt problem.

Most definitely keep this thread open.

I just purchased a KJW M700 with the hopes of doing the mods contained in this thread.

Here's what I have so far:

KJW M700 purchased as "broken" from a boneyard sale. Did not come with a mag. Supposedly, what was wrong with it was that the bolt was not strong enough to make contact to fire. Hey.. It was cheap $80. Everything else seems to be in great shape.

Items coming this week: Masamune 6.01mm barrel 640mm -- $45, King Arms M700 Striker Spring/Steel Impact Plate -- $35, KJW M700 Metal Gas Magazine -- $38.

It's a start. Hopefully the striker spring will remedy my bolt problem.

Let us know how good the quality of that barrel is. Also you might want to check out noobnarb's thread, and do some of the free mods talked about there. So far you've got a good start, but next you might want to set up a CO2/HPA Rig. PM Brainplay if you have questions on that. He's a big help! :a-thumbsup:

Edited by S.A.S fan34

Let us know how good the quality of that barrel is. Also you might want to check out noobnarb's thread, and do some of the free mods talked about there. So far you've got a good start, but next you might want to set up a CO2/HPA Rig. PM Brainplay if you have questions on that. He's a big help! :a-thumbsup:

Definitely. I have been pouring over Brainplay's thread on the CO2/HPA rig and have been trolling eBay for a regulator. It is a little more difficult than I anticipated as a lot of them will not dial down past 200psi unless you go with a Palmer or other high dollar reg.

There are plenty of bottles out there, but I started to think how am I going to be able to fill them unless I go to a paintball shop or scuba shop as my shop air compressor is not capable of filling. Then I thought about the CO2 quick change devices.. (CO2 cost prohibitive). Probably end up going with a HPA rig as there is a scuba shop two blocks from my work.

I am curious if I go with a CO2/HPA tank, how many shots I can get on a full tank...say 48ci tank.

I will definitely keep you posted on my project. Maybe I'll document in pics and instructions to help others as well. I like to give back to those that have helped me.

Definitely. I have been pouring over Brainplay's thread on the CO2/HPA rig and have been trolling eBay for a regulator. It is a little more difficult than I anticipated as a lot of them will not dial down past 200psi unless you go with a Palmer or other high dollar reg.

There are plenty of bottles out there, but I started to think how am I going to be able to fill them unless I go to a paintball shop or scuba shop as my shop air compressor is not capable of filling. Then I thought about the CO2 quick change devices.. (CO2 cost prohibitive). Probably end up going with a HPA rig as there is a scuba shop two blocks from my work.

I am curious if I go with a CO2/HPA tank, how many shots I can get on a full tank...say 48ci tank.

I will definitely keep you posted on my project. Maybe I'll document in pics and instructions to help others as well. I like to give back to those that have helped me.

I don't know how many shots you'd get with that tank, but I'd go for the CO2 Quick Changers. Brainplay got 3 mags on one 12g CO2 cartridge. Not to mention that you could fit your rig in a Shooter's Pouch.

I don't know how many shots you'd get with that tank, but I'd go for the CO2 Quick Changers. Brainplay got 3 mags on one 12g CO2 cartridge. Not to mention that you could fit your rig in a Shooter's Pouch.

Good idea on the CO2 Quick Changers. I see a few brands out there. I have decided to go with an AKA 2-Liter inline reg. They are a little expensive, but all the reviews I have read say they are top notch. You can also swap the springs out from HP to LP which is what I will need for getting the pressure in the right range. Also, for safety reasons, I wanted to go with a highly reliable inline reg to be sure I am not shooting too hot during a game.

Just got the mag in the mail today. Gonna pick up parts tomorrow to mod the mag. Wish me luck... Something about drilling a hole into a $40 mag just doesn't seem right.. :). Oh well. It's all about the end result, right?

More to come...

These things get insane gas mileage. My first refill (9oz CO2 tank) came after about 4 months after I first filled the tank, with me tinkering with and test firing the gun virtually every day of that. I even had one episode where someone hit the quick-disconnect before I had a chance to turn the thing off at the regulator.

I keep my tank in a pouch on my person. I intend to change this eventually, but since I don't have that kind of cash at the moment (spent it all on my rifles, haha) I am going to research and buy the pouch that allows me to keep my tank hugging my waist until such time as I can reevaluate and rebuild my rig.

so far I have spaced my barrel, added tephlon, SCS, and switched to propane, and upgraded the bucking. My gun, while not 100% consistent shoots average 475 feet per second in 60 degrees Fahrenheit and can shoot a torso sized target 7 out of ten times(consistently) at 215 feet. This is not while clamped, standing upright and holding the gun unaided. I am shooting .20g BBS

Its a decent gun(especially for the price) and can be made fairly reliable on a dime. If I add a TBB , it will be even more accurate and get slightly higher fps. In warmer temperatures, it will also get higher fps and consistency.

post-34309-1271390598_thumb.png

Edited by sharxbyte

so far I have spaced my barrel, added tephlon, SCS, and switched to propane, and upgraded the bucking. My gun, while not 100% consistent shoots average 475 feet per second in 60 degrees Fahrenheit and can shoot a torso sized target 7 out of ten times(consistently) at 215 feet. This is not while clamped, standing upright and holding the gun unaided. I am shooting .20g BBS

Its a decent gun(especially for the price) and can be made fairly reliable on a dime. If I add a TBB, , it will be even more accurate and get slightly higher fps. In warmer temperatures, it will also get higher fps and consistency.

I guarantee your groupings to get better by only changing your bb weight! .2g looses its momentum really quick! You should be using at least .25g even though it will shoot slower it will still go just as far with proper hop up adjustments.

I guarantee your groupings to get better by only changing your bb weight! .2g looses its momentum really quick! You should be using at least .25g even though it will shoot slower it will still go just as far with proper hop up adjustments.

I'm sure they will improve with heavier bbs; considering though, that I have more important places to put my money, I'll stick to the .20s... for 30 bucks, I could buy a tight bore barrel, and that lasts a heck of a lot longer than a few bags of bbs.(next though, is a tanaka mag)

here's something Ive been wondering about:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=24371

Does anyone know the bore? Is it tighter than stock? speaking of which, does anyone know the stock measurement for a KJW inner barrel? I Google'd and found nothing. but I could have missed it... digital calipers anyone?

if anyone wants to drop 30 bucks and measure it that would be awesome xD(I'm only half serious here peoples... only if you're filthy rich. in that case, ship it to me. ill pm you my address)

Edited by sharxbyte

I'm sure they will improve with heavier bbs; considering though, that I have more important places to put my money, I'll stick to the .20s... for 30 bucks, I could buy a tight bore barrel, and that lasts a heck of a lot longer than a few bags of bbs.(next though, is a tanaka mag)

Does anyone know the bore? Is it tighter than stock? speaking of which, does anyone know the stock measurement for a KJW inner barrel? I Google'd and found nothing. but I could have missed it... digital calipers anyone?

if anyone wants to drop 30 bucks and measure it that would be awesome xD(I'm only half serious here peoples... only if you're filthy rich. in that case, ship it to me. ill pm you my address)

Stock KJW inner barrel is 6.10. I would rather go with this one Link.

Stock KJW inner barrel is 6.10. I would rather go with this one Link.

the main problems I see are that it needs modification... I don't have a lathe or a cutter or anything to deburr it if I cut it by hand; I don't have access to a machine shop to have it professionally done.

I mentioned in another topic, I have one of the KJW precision barrels here for a customer build.

You cannot get an accurate bore measurement with calipers, and I'm not going to air gauge this barrel, but I will update with performance results once this rifle ships.

I mentioned in another topic, I have one of the KJW precision barrels here for a customer build.

You cannot get an accurate bore measurement with calipers, and I'm not going to air gauge this barrel, but I will update with performance results once this rifle ships.

thanks much! :a-wink:

3.SCS Hop-up Nub- Unsure if it will fit in the hopup nub slot without modification. Let us know how this turns out for you.It fits with only very slight modification; hold it carefully with pliers, firmly, but not hard enough to mark it, and sand down just a little bit on two opposing sides.

4.G&G Rubber Set (Where do you install this?) This replaces the seal at the bottom of your actual bolt. It is a tube looking piece.I somehow lost the sealing rubber from the bottom of my bolt; so I took a smooth nail, and wrapped electrical tape around it to the appropriate diameter, and then cut it to the appropriate length(while still around the nail, so it wouldn't squish) with a razor blade. It works well.

C.

1. KA Silencer Adapter

2. Madbull Gemtech Silencer **Note: the KJW is already a pretty big rifle. Adding a silencer will make it live up to the term "Long rifle".Almost all silencers that people put on their rifles extend from the barrel. The difference between these and real rifle silencers is that most real silencers extend back over the barrel so they don't add as much length.(the tip of the barrel is 3/4ths into the silencer when attached) To achieve this , I had to make my own silencer. I used 2 inch abs for the outside, (about 14 inches long) 2 abs white end caps(one inverted with the edge cut off to function as the front of the silencer) and on the inside, two 2-way extensions and a five inch piece of 3/4 inch pvc. I used rhino glue to assemble it.(if you try to fill it with expanding foam, MAKE SURE YOU SPACE IT PROPERLY AND DON'T TOUCH IT FOR 24 HOURS.(because expanding foam is a b**** to clean. took me acetone, gasoline, dishsoap, and sand paper.) Make sure you have the whole middle filled with pvc so the parrel part doesn't get filled...

hope this helps.

Edited by sharxbyte

I emailed Evike about that barrel last week. They said the bore SHOULD be 6.01mm..

I emailed Evike about that barrel last week. They said the bore SHOULD be 6.01mm..

I'll order it and see how well it works. Thanks for checking with them =]

No problem. Please let us know how you make out with it. Personally, for $28 bucks I am not looking for great things. But, a noticeable improvement over the stock barrel would be enough to convince me to purchase it.

got it and installed it. It improves the consistency but since the weather is cold today and it was windy, I cant really get an accurate judgement of range and long range accuracy.

Ive ordered and installed the masamune 6.01 along with a king arms hopup rubber. The barrel is about 1cm longer than the stock so I had to loosen the muzzle cap (via the front sight and slide it out to make the hop up assembly li e up properly with its pin. Ive been getting a hard right hand duck hook out of it with .25s and the barrel is so tight that the only acceptable amount of hop is like one or ttwo clicks wide before the bb becomes stuck in the hop

Im still trying to work out the kinks. It kinda suck because I don't have anywhere to test regularly. My apartment is just too small

Ive ordered and installed the masamune 6.01 along with a king arms hopup rubber. The barrel is about 1cm longer than the stock so I had to loosen the muzzle cap (via the front sight and slide it out to make the hop up assembly li e up properly with its pin. Ive been getting a hard right hand duck hook out of it with .25s and the barrel is so tight that the only acceptable amount of hop is like one or ttwo clicks wide before the bb becomes stuck in the hop

Im still trying to work out the kinks. It kinda suck because I don't have anywhere to test regularly. My apartment is just too small

Sounds like the KA bucking, those are very hit and miss. When I ran a KA bucking In my Tanaka, bioval .27's would overhop even with the slightest of hopup, yet any .29 or .30 required full hopup to get past 150ft..very odd. Just get a nineball and get a better inner barrel.