Sign in to follow this  
reaperskating

real Steel STock Conversion

Hey guys, Im new to the whole gas gun thing. I've recently ordered a tanaka m700 and I've heard that you can use short action real steel stock on these rifles. Is this true? If so I have a stock I would love to put on my rifle ( http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=50972/s...00_SA_V_T_Stock ), is this compatable with the tanaka m700? Thanks for the Help! :a-grin:

Hey guys, Im new to the whole gas gun thing. I've recently ordered a tanaka m700 and I've heard that you can use short action real steel stock on these rifles. Is this true? If so I have a stock I would love to put on my rifle ( http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=50972/s...00_SA_V_T_Stock ), is this compatable with the tanaka m700? Thanks for the Help! :a-grin:

True yes, I placed mine in a choate stock. A few things: 1. Your crazy for putting that kind of money into it. 2. Magazine well. If that stock doesnt have a removable floor plate then you are going to have to make a magwell like I did. That stock is aluminum bedded aswell so itll take some more time. 2A. Magazine catch. Your going to have to make a magazine catch that not only holds the magazine in place, but one that holds the magazine in the RIGHT place. Your going to have to makesure the magazine is flush with the action. The last part is the longest and hardest part. Coming up with a magazine release system isnt as easy as it sounds. But If youve got the tools,...and money. Then go for it. Make sure its short action stock.

24zamjd.jpg

5ds7bm.jpg

Edited by Bfour

Could you do the same to an original real steel AICS Stock?

Yes. It can drop into any stock that fits a real steel m700. The question is WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

The AICS not only weighs a ton but even used versions go for $1500 minimum.