to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Sovietsl8

What did I get?

Hey guys this is my first post so be gentle with me :) anyways, I just bought what looks like an sl8 fom a friend for $70. It looks exactly like the classic army sl8 except for a few things; the battery is in the stock, it has no bipod, no carrying handle/3x scope, and the barrel barely pokes out past the end of the foregrip... So did I get something with a few mods (it came with a hicap mag) or did I get a non-brand name gun? Either way I like it, im just tryig to find out what I should look for. Also, itd be great if someone could link me or suggest a brand/model or red-dot or green-dot that will fit my rail system. Also, im currently using .2g pellets, but im told .18 is optimal? What do you guys think? Thanks a lot in advance!

From my time playing with the G36 family I can tell you the bipod is usually junk, and the CA 3x carry handle is not a good optic. I ended up replacing all of mine with the C rail and calling it a day....

If it's a CA it should have the Classic Army trades on the body, just above the mag well.

Guest Gcommando36

I could probably tell what it is, but I need pics of it. Also, it's much better to use .25g BBs.

It's probably a BE, but depending on the mods, you might have still gotten a decent deal.

rynosin, I think you mean 0.20 grams, since a 20 gram 6mm BB would need to be made of depleted uranium :P

Acidz yup thats the one, no barrel extension though... Anyways, im still looking to put a red dot on it and maybe get another mag as well as bbs... I spent all of yesterday rewireing the system so my 8-cell pack now fits in the foregrip (forestock, whatever you call it) and a 7-cell in the butt. There are a lot of wires in there now so things got pretty tight when I put the gun back together. I am now noticing a signifigant problem, being that the gun will hardly ever chamber a round. Im thinking that I could have messed with the allignment between the gearbox parts and the actual barrel, but im not quite sure yet... Any thoughts? Thanks guys

If you going to get extra mags make sure they are BE mags. BE G36 guns are not compatible with TM compatible mags without some modification.

Are you saying the gun is now connected to 2 batteries?!?

Alright ill make sure to pick up the right mag...can I just tape them together for the side by side style or would I need some kind of spacer between them? And for battery setup, the gun can be connected to 2 batteries, but it never will be. Its set up so that when my 8cell in the frontstock runs out of juice, I can unplug it and plug in my 6cell in the butt for a little extra playtime