vulrath

KJW makes a one-piece hop up chamber?

I was searching on the Evike storefront looking at the price of the last part I need to finish my pistol project, and I found this: KJW M700 hop up chamber.

Anyone with a newer-generation (IE bought after May of last year) have a one-piece chamber? I'm wondering if they changed the design.

Seeing as I need a new chamber anyway (I pulled it apart to look at the bucking, and noticed that I had tightened the grub screw that goes in the bottom underneath the actual chamber too tightly, causing it to bend inward, which may be part of the reason why I'm still shooting in a corkscrew), I've decided to give this thing a whirl, and see where it takes me (see if I can alleviate some of the air seal issues that I've heard plague the users of the 2Roy and KA hops).

someone tell me if it works better than stock.. Though I don't see how it would with a tephlon mod. As good as maybe, but not better. We shall see.

I have not been able to spare the expense to buy my new hop chamber yet (along with my new bucking, and maybe a new barrel), mainly due to my growing car repair bills lately. If it works better than my stock one did (not hard though, seeing as my old one is damaged), then I'll post up about it.

To be honest, I could never get that Teflon mod to work right, so I just stopped trying at it. The tape would always get caught against the edge of where the chamber meets the plastic housing-thingy, and I'd end up with a good mess and a bunch of wasted Teflon tape.