Sign in to follow this  
LeStath

Tanaka M700 Police 26 inch Shell Ejector

Hi there!

I know this isn't exactly breaking news.

But since no one else has started a discussion thread on the subject, I though I'd do the honors ;)

TW-M700-PW-SE-7L.jpg

So what do you think? will it be a winner or a looser?

It certainly is an interesting piece of art.

For those of you who doesn't know what I'm talking about: tanaka M700 shell ejector

Edited by LeStath

If it weren't so darned expensive (for shells as well) I would definitely pick one up.

The interesting thing will be to see whether this changes the hop up system, or the placement of the gas reservoir. If either of those things change for the better, well...it might just be a good buy.

Yeah! I agree. Though I don't find the gun very expensive. I've but well over $2k into my Tanaka m24 so this isn't that bad :P

Regarding the gas reservoir, I couldn't find any info on where they've put it. I just hope it's not in the shells, because that would kill consistency.

So if this is a hit or a miss is yet to be unanswered. So far.

I might just order myself one to find out myself.

Looks cool.... Will really help keep people from "short stroking" the bolt for quick reloads.

Would be nice to see the reviews and see where the gas is at for the rifle. Would be really nice you could fit a nice size HPA rig in the butt stock, of course with an internal regulator.

Wow $40 for a pack of 5 shells?! dang!

Just read the post on redwolf about it. The "ejection spring" is a cool feature, as it will give a consistant shell toss each and every time. But I wish they would have made it so it has actual extractor claws. That way you can slide the bolt back slowly and grab the shell before it flings out of the rifle. I can see that being a problem when you in the field. Expically when extra shells are $40 for 5 shells.

What would be the possibility of making a 10 or 15 round mag for the rifle? It does have a hinged floor plate so you should be able to put a real steel mag conversion kit in it.... and one may be able to use those mags for the shells.

Edited by woogie_man

Yeah! The gun undoubtedly reminds me of the world know Asahi M40, M700 series rifles. but I'm afraid that the gas is stored inside the shells being that a package of 5 is $40. Why else would they be so expensive? If not, You'll probably find it more economical to go to a workshop and have the mill 20 shells or so for you. and you'll probably just need to put o- rings in each one :D

And the long mag idea shouldn't be so difficult to make it work. hopefully the rs magazine magwell is a drop in fit and the magazine is able to hold the tanaka shells:D

I'll wait a few days and see if someone posts a review of it on youtube.

If the gas is stored in the stock I will most definitely buy one and fool around with the hpa in the stock idea!

Maybe this'll be the beginning of a new airsoft sniper era.

Edited by LeStath

I get that.

Though I'll never sell mine.

One reason: It shoots way to good!

I've never seen anyone pull of shots beyond 400' constantly, besides me of course.

You know that the M700 stock can fit a Co2 system inside, right? ("the cold shot" or other size comparable setups)

Edited by LeStath

I hope that one day we can get consistent shell ejecting sniper rifles. That would be awesome. I can see that maybe they should do something like 40 mm grenade shells. Make every shell have a gas reservoir. Then instead of carrying your HPA out with you into the field, you have a lot of shell with the same exact fps in them because you filled them with HPA. All I think they should do is incorporate an o-ring on the outside of the shell, or the inside lip of the hop up unit/bucking to seal the shell and then have something push the bb out of the shell vs. the air so it could be against the hop up nub. Something like this might be able to be incorporated in a shell:

The top part: http://gbcannon.com/pics/GBSemi/gbsemi.gif

Might be more expensive, but it would be sick to get good performing shell ejecting sniper.

Most of these shell extracting guns usually end up being collector pieces. I highly doubt they can improve the hopup system by using a shell. These guns end up being a hassle using on the field since people stop to look for the shell, or end up loosing them. A real steel empty shell is discarded, and those of us who reload will use a brass catcher(at least on ar-15's). I've never seen a brass catcher for a bolt action.

The discussion on Arnies somewhat concluded that it was not gas in shell (like http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...tail?newsID=798 was going to be), but instead has a reservoir in the gun: http://blog.yam.com/kerberos/article/26459135. I wish I had the money to get one of these, or rather, I wish I could justify spending $600 on a collector's piece like that (the gun plus some spare shells plus shipping).

The discussion on Arnies somewhat concluded that it was not gas in shell (like http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...tail?newsID=798 was going to be), but instead has a reservoir in the gun: http://blog.yam.com/kerberos/article/26459135. I wish I had the money to get one of these, or rather, I wish I could justify spending $600 on a collector's piece like that (the gun plus some spare shells plus shipping).

The first link is from a modified standard Tanaka m700. If you didn't know :P

I hope it has a gas reservoir in the stock. If so, I'll buy one and start a new project involving having a small Co2 paintball tank inside the stock and a regulator to adjust the pressure and fps :D 700fps on this one too :D:D this might be my 3'rd rifle pushing 700 fps. First my Tanaka M24, then the VFC Barrett and now this:D I'm psyched !!! :D

If you guys think about the form and function of a standard M700 gas rifle you can see how much of this would work and how it's done.

First, and probably the hardest part is moving the hopup chamber the extra 2 or 3 inches allowing the shell to enter the chamber and make contact with the hopup rubber.

Second, the bolt would stay the same and the "bullet" would merely be a cylinder which holds the bb and which the air passes through. Due to the shape it would be difficult to substitute anything homemade.

Third, by permanently mounting a small magazine to the receiver and removing the bb chamber you effectively have a "gas in stock" system.

Due to the simplicity of the system no other changes would need to be made. However you would probably still need to tap the bottom of the internal mag and run an air hose similar to what is done with current M700 rifles.

If you guys think about the form and function of a standard M700 gas rifle you can see how much of this would work and how it's done.

First, and probably the hardest part is moving the hopup chamber the extra 2 or 3 inches allowing the shell to enter the chamber and make contact with the hopup rubber.

Second, the bolt would stay the same and the "bullet" would merely be a cylinder which holds the bb and which the air passes through. Due to the shape it would be difficult to substitute anything homemade.

Third, by permanently mounting a small magazine to the receiver and removing the bb chamber you effectively have a "gas in stock" system.

Due to the simplicity of the system no other changes would need to be made. However you would probably still need to tap the bottom of the internal mag and run an air hose similar to what is done with current M700 rifles.

Exactly! This is why I'll probably buy one. I just want to see a review or a "how it works" video of it before I go ahead and order one. Don't want to end up with a useless rifle. :P