sniperkid24

is there a difference between Tanaka M700 and Tanaka M40A1

I said what it was in the title as you can see but do you know if there is there a difference between Tanaka M700 and Tanaka M40A1.

And if there is what is it and what would be better to get or upgrade. :a-confused:

(NEW TO AIRSOFT AND SNIPING SRY IF THAT IS NOT SOMETHING I SHOULD POSTE). :a-salute:

Only the stock. The internals, hopup chamber, and bolt are the same and use the same upgrade parts.

The M40a1 is mostly cosmetic although its a really nice cosmetic. But then the stock is a comfort item. Some people like the AICS stock while I hate it and any rifle that uses that model due to the way it feels. However, they all function the same and performance is the exact same.

And the lengh of the barrel =P M40 is shorter.

isnt a shorter barrel not as good? can not go as far strait? :a-confused:

and now everyone is saying that the m24 is they way to go? its like a 50/50 with the tanaka m40a1 or the tanaka m24 (m24a1 w.e it is called)

Edited by sniperkid24

At the difference in length we're talking about, accuracy should not be affected (if anything, I actually prefer smaller barrels because it's easier for me to maneuver it). It's a common misconception that longer barrels = more accuracy.

As for the M40 vs M24 thing, that's a cosmetics issue (again, the same thing applies as the difference between the M700 and the AICS).

Im going to kill that stupid misconception.

In paintball I did a LONG and extensive report/review on how past 14" length barrels add almost zero noticeable real world accuracy increase.

I considering doing a review for airsoft but its harder as with the different hop up types and various bucking and nub applications.

BUT from what ive noticed a 6.03 mp5 length barrel is roughly as accurate as a psg1 length 6.03 you have to basically use the same gearbox and hop up but even replacing the barrel causes change inside the hop up unit that in and of itself can positively or negatively affect accuracy. so long story short there is ZERO proof that longer is better(yet again)

Im going to kill that stupid misconception.

In paintball I did a LONG and extensive report/review on how past 14" length barrels add almost zero noticeable real world accuracy increase.

I considering doing a review for airsoft but its harder as with the different hop up types and various bucking and nub applications.

BUT from what ive noticed a 6.03 mp5 length barrel is roughly as accurate as a psg1 length 6.03 you have to basically use the same gearbox and hop up but even replacing the barrel causes change inside the hop up unit that in and of itself can positively or negatively affect accuracy. so long story short there is ZERO proof that longer is better(yet again)

I randomly sumbled upon this, and I'm quite glad I did, haha

you think the M700 police is just as accurate as the M40A1? just a little different looking?

...what about the differences between the normal military M40A1 and the USMC military M40A1? because the USMC one is a lot cheaper