Sign in to follow this  
Raider2.6

Cyber gun sig 556 upgrade list please help

A Tightbore barrel. Look at Madbull, or if you have some more cash, EdGi and Prometheus. It will increase your accuracy, and your fps by a little bit. Your gun will just shoot better overall.

Oh, and please use high quality BBs if you get a tightbore. Seriously.

ok kewl thank you for the info, I was thinking about replacing the stock piston/cylinder head. I have read that the internals are not that bad for the price range of the gun but wouldn't mind spending some money on upgrades. what in your opinion is a decent to high end ammo ? I would like to use a heavy BB just to hurt the enemy.

If you do intend to upgrade the gearbox, it has a V3 gearbox, so most information you find about upgrading them will likely pertain to your gun as well. Some other models that use a V3 gearbox include the G36 series, AKs, AUGs, and of course SIGs, though some upgrades in V2 gearboxes will be relevant. If I recall, it uses a medium type motor, like the rest of the SIG series guns, but I'm not sure. The quickest and easiest upgrade will likely be a tightbore barrel and possibly a new bucking and nub, as was mentioned before.

For the battery, higher mAh doesn't necessarily mean it's a better battery. I've had better luck with Elite 1500mAh batteries than I have with Intellect 1600mAh ones. The quality of the cells generally matters more than just the capacity.

As for "high end" ammo, it really depends on who you ask, and some other brands are good enough to run through a tightbore without any issues, but may not necessarily be considered "high end." There are plenty of threads over in the BB's section ( http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/BB-s-f85.html ) that might have some suggestions.

so I was looking at the barrel upgrades, is 6.01mm over kill ? or is 6.03mm to loose ? I was reading under the EdGi 6.01mm is for advanced users and even the smallest peice of debris can cause a jam, is this still true with the 6.03mm?. sorry for the dumb questions but I'am a Newbie in the airsoft department.

Yes, a 6.01 will in fact overkill. A 6.03 should give pretty good results for an AEG. But if you don't mind paying an extra $20 for a 6.01 and cleaning the barrel every time you use it then that's all up to you. Again Edgi are probably the best way to go.

Note: 6.01 or 6.00 are mainly found in high end sniper rifles.

Bryan]