to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
thegoldshado

Evike and their custom guns

Lately ive been looking at airsoftgi and evikes custom G&G m4s. Though all of airsoftgi's g4s are out of stock, I am thinking of buying from Evike. I recently read some scarry reviews of Evike and what they do. So would it be wise or not to buy a custom gun from the, or even buy from them at all. The custom G&G m4s just seem like such a great deal, without having to buy from many places, and for lower budgets.

Lately ive been looking at airsoftgi and evikes custom G&G m4s. Though all of airsoftgi's g4s are out of stock, I am thinking of buying from Evike. I recently read some scarry reviews of Evike and what they do. So would it be wise or not to buy a custom gun from the, or even buy from them at all. The custom G&G m4s just seem like such a great deal, without having to buy from many places, and for lower budgets.

I buy parts from evike all the time, I have never had any problems, I cant say I have bought any guns from them, but I can assume that they wont screw you. The only hiccup I ever had was a part got backordered once, but it was shipped to me free of charge as soon as they got a new one in.

Some of their custom guns are just lulz. I'd wait for the ASGI G4's as much as I don't like GI.

I was asking The Vainguard, what guns are a joke? The post right before my he said "Some of their custom guns are just lulz. I'd wait for the ASGI G4's as much as I don't like GI.". So meaning what evike custom G&G m4s are a joke, or for what it matters, what out of all their customs guns if there is anymore are a joke, depending on what he meant.

Edited by TheGoldShado

I love how close the cheek rest is to the charging handle... that would work.

Evikes is an alright site, good guys with good intentions, if you have a problem they will try to resolve and fix it. A bit sketchy at times, maybe a part has a shoddy picture, some of their deals are weird, like the box with random stuff in it, while cool, may end up being 20 springers. Some of the custom guns, such as above, are of disputable make and manufacture, though undoubtedly acceptable for the money. Overall, they talk big, but they mean well and wont scam you. Only real problem I have with them is their customer service line takes FOREVER to get through. Like set half an hour aside if you want to talk with a real person. I would give them 4 of 5 stars. They really earn that fourth one by offering a repair service for all guns, which, while expensive, is useful if you have a weird yet expensive gun that is hard to get a part for. They go to the manufacturer in China, Taiwan or Japan.

I recently got the "Baconator" from Evike. It's a CMbb w/ the 9" DD Lite RAS, plus some other stuff. The price is competitive.

Fortunately, the plan all along was to cannibalize it for different parts for different projects.

PROS: if you want the rail, the front and rear sights, the amplified flash hider, the two-part outer barrel (they give you the barrel extension), etc. it comes with, it's much cheaper than buying the parts separately.

CONS:

(1) the inner barrel had clearly been SAWN OFF to bring it down to the length of the outer barrel and rail system.

(2) there were several pieces of clear scotch tape wrapped around the inner barrel near the hop-up unit; I have no idea why.

(3) the tiny phillips screw that holds the adjustment cog on to the hop-up unit was superglued in place, because the threads inside the little column that it screws into on the hop-up unit had been stripped.

(4) the hop-up unit was swimming in silicon and several small slivers of the grey plastic of the hop-up unit were either gone or hanging on by a thread. The gouges suggest it had been treated very roughly.

From the front of the receiver on back to the crane stock, it seemed fine, as that part was completely stock and therefore had not been "customized" by the skilled technicians at Evike.

P.S. This reminds me of a post on another thread about a ASGI G4 gun. While assembling it, they had hammered the gas tube back into the receiver so forcefully that it had destroyed the hop-up unit. Caveat emptor with mass-produced custom guns (how oxymoronic is that?).

Edited by verisimilitude

I bought one of their "custom-made" pistols - namely, the CQB Master. It's a modified WE Dragon with some surprisingly good internals. I compared it to a WE Dragon that I bought for a steal, and, well, there was ACTUALLY AN IMPROVEMENT!

The loading nozzle is harder, there's better hop, much better gas consumption (I can actually use 1 mag 2x because of efficiency during the summer, unlike the stock gun), good accuracy that's better than the stock dragon, and also a threaded outer barrel.

The spring is harder and it includes shims on the spring return thingy. The piston head is (surprise) metal instead of the stock plastic. It even has a magwell and a longer slide release, plus 2 extra mags.

I guess they just threw all of the upgrade parts on their gas gun page onto the gun. Good deal, maybe?

The bad thing about it is that the threaded outer barrel has a small casting defect, I think there was a bubble during the process. And I'm not sure if the inner barrel is any different than the stock one.

I don't regret making the purchase, as it was a great deal, but this example might only apply to their handgun line. I have no idea about their custom AEGs.

You should check out their 400 FPS shotgun. They basically crammed a VSR-10 into a shotgun. You gotta give them a thumbs up for originality.

One thing I always warn people about is that Evike is very slow on their custom guns. I've ordered 10 or 20 of them in the past four or five years. Their shipping is fine as they're using UPS, they have a sheet on how long it'd take it to reach you. I don't really really on it as usually my custom guns don't even deliver till weeks later. I hope this helped you.