bkbigd82

AGM M4A1 Carbine Gearbox... Lipo Ready?

So this is my first post and hello fellow Airsoft gurus! I am just wondering a few things about my gearbox and some problems/concerns I have. This is my actual gun I purchased in case you want to check out the specs. http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/NEW_2010_A...e_p/agm-031.htm

Regardless I recently tore my gun down and discovered a few little nasty surprises. Well, as I am sure most of you know, AGM's "full metal body" is metal..... pot metal at best... So while disassembling my gun I noticed that my stock tube was rather loose. When I took it off I came upon a snapped backside to my lower receiver. Luckily I work at a facility which supplies some ridiculously strong epoxy so I patched/sanded/filed that problem right up.

The reason I tore my gun completely down is because I was having a problem with it not wanting to go into semi auto properly. When in semi auto if I pulled the trigger at regular strength it would fire fully automatic but when I really gave it a good pull it would shoot semi auto...mostly. Sound like a selector plate problem or maybe something with the trigger?

Now on to the gearbox.... Well when I opened the gearbox I discovered a rather large smearing of grease throughout. Yeah.... there was a lot... So I cleaned that all up and am now just wondering what exactly is this gearbox made up of. Does anyone happen to know the brand of the gears/piston/piston head... etc.? Also I am wondering if anyone knows what size bushings are really used in this thing? I would imagine 6mm but I really don't want to guess on that.

Anyway, I have ordered a King Arms selector plate, a systema air nozzle, some madbull gear and piston grease, a guarder steel pinion gear and some systema shims. Im looking to eventually have a good all around M4 with high FPS and decent ROF. I know I am kinda asking a lot of questions in this one post but it is basically all related on the fact that I want to know if the steps I am taking are good or....not so much :a-cool:

Edited by TacticallyEncroached

No, you cant run a good lipo on your m4. Your gears are XYT, which with propper shimming will last you. The stock piston is cheap polycarb which will strip.

any gearbox is "lipo ready" But how long will it last???

A stock AGM wont handle a lipo very long till you have problems. You would need new gears (guarders are good) a better piston...etc...

I have opened a new AGM m16...it has decent internals, but a LIPO will cause you problems if you run the gun stock.

Well I doubt I will be going lithium anytime soon then. All I need to do now is figure out what kind of motor is in this thing. Its has no markings on it at all so I have no way to tell who manufactured it. :a-skeptical:

its just your average chinese motor. just a chaoli motor without markings

Every GUN is lipo ready, but not all PEOPLE are lipo ready. They can be very dangerous, and you need to do a lot of research to be able to run them properly. You could run a 7.4v lipo fine. It'll give the exact same ROF (give or take an extra round or two a second), just with better trigger response.

It depends on the C rating of the battery. The higher the C, the higher the ROF.

Not exactly so, if your motor draws 15 amps, and you have 2 different batteries-one with a 20c discharge and the other with 30c discharge they will both produce the same ROF. A motor will never take more amps than what its designed for. Volts changes the ROF. A 11.1 V will give a higher ROF than a 7.4V lipo.

Edited by locprecision