Sign in to follow this  
dragon51

Upgrade or get a new airsoft?

I was wondering whether it would be better to upgrade my dboys scar ( barrel,motor,cylander and maybe the gearbox ) or if I should just get a higher end VFC scar *THIS ONE*. I don't know it just seemed illogical to upgrade a $160 airsoft and put upgrades the price of the airsoft while a newer one might preform better and be of higher quality than my dboys but im not sure if the vfc scar would be that much better than the dboys than to buy a new airsoft...

Oh and BTW I need it for field and not cqb ( im not sure if the scar I put a link up to would be good for longer ranges )

and these are the upgrades I was gonna install in the dboys

New stock ( the hinge broke on mine)) $45

G&P m120 motor $45

Madbull 6.03 tightbore 455mm($30)

Mock silencer $30

- Thanks sorry if I wasnt clear....

Edited by dragon51

keep your model and just upgrade it to fit your needs.

Just because it's more expensive and has a high end name does NOT mean it's better.

The VFC has it's own set of problems. Stick with what you got.

Those upgrades sound great. Also get a new bucking and a SCS nub and you will be golden.

keep your model and just upgrade it to fit your needs.

Just because it's more expensive and has a high end name does NOT mean it's better.

The VFC has it's own set of problems. Stick with what you got.

Those upgrades sound great. Also get a new bucking and a SCS nub and you will be golden.

^ I agree with that ^ You have a good base for a great gun. With the parts you mention plus a bucking/nub you should have a nice performing gun. Maybe add a new battery to that if you're using the stock one.

Upgrading your current scar would be cheaper than buying a VFC scar and a better choice IMO. As airsoftguy said, that's not a scar that you linked, it's an M4.

how much better are the stock vfc internals than the dboys scar?

B.T.W the main reason I've wanted the vfc scar is because of the externals

vfc uses plastic bushing in there scar's so you'll want to change those, as for quality I cant really say, mine was fully upgraded when I got it but from what I was told by the previous owner and what I read in reviews there internals aren't very good, it does come stock with a 6.04 tbb though if im not mistaken,

Edited by medulla

Define nicer.

It MAY be made out of better metals (again you MAY not know) and while yes the paint sceme is accurate to the real one on the VFC, simple krylon paint can fix the Dboys model.......

Yeah, an upgrade MPEG can pretty easily be better than a stock HPEG. It all just depends are what you plan to replace. If you want a full set of custom externals and a new gearbox, then a cheaper gun might be better then paying more for parts that you're planning on swapping out, but if you just want a gun to work and don't want to do much for customizing then a HPEG would seem better, unless you want to just do a couple things to it. HPEG have nice externals usually, so swapping them out doesn't make much sense.

Edit* After a quick review, what you could do is get the VFC, then stick the internals of your gun in that and visa versa (Assuming your DBoy's internals are better)

Either way, After seeing you wanted externals and knowing scars aren't much for custom externals, you could probably just get the VFC and use yours as a spare/loner/parts gun. That's what I did with my AK's.

Edited by Automobilie

That's silly. Why spend, what is it $350+ for a VFC rifle, and THEN put your $160 Dboys SCAR internals into a "high End" gun?

Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

OP, Spend $50 and upgrade your gun with a new #14 O ring, new bucking and nub, new barrel (if you don't have a TBB)

And then spend whatever money you need to fix the externals (broken stock)

MUCH cheaper and smarter than buying some goofy gun with a cool three letter name......

Edited by Deadlyapollo

Also have you thought about the WE gbb scars, ive seen them for around $260, there is also a aftermarket gas valve that alows you to adjust the fps, mags aren't cheap though heres the links

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5898

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5901

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6079

Why is everyone suggesting he pour a butt load of cash into ANOTHER gun when he already has one that needs slight repair work?

Am I like the only poor airsofter in the sport that has a budget or limits and likes to save money?

Why is everyone suggesting he pour a butt load of cash into ANOTHER gun when he already has one that needs slight repair work?

Am I like the only poor airsofter in the sport that has a budget or limits and likes to save money?

read further up, I already suggested he upgrade his, he in a later post said he still wanted the vfc because of the externals,

I'm just making sugestions, he can use them or ignore them.

That's silly. Why spend, what is it $350+ for a VFC rifle, and THEN put your $160 Dboys SCAR internals into a "high End" gun?

I don't own a VFC, but someone else on this thread said the internals aren't that great.

And just so you know, your opinions aren't facts. They're opinions......