to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Wow all of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. you have treated this guy like :censored2: just because he is new to the forum dosn't mean he is a complete nube and just buys BE stuff. All I know about the AUG is the mag changes are awkward and the stock is giant and unweildy, but that is just a few people at my feild's opinion. but it has its good things. m4 length with a m16-g3 length barrel. I would buy it for a DMR or a support gun maybe but not CQC or a guerrilla style warfare(run and gun) weapon.

Is the trigger responsive on semi? Because I would be using it as a DMR.

Yeah, but its a bullpup and most bullpups have slower trigger response so I'd suggest using a lipo

Wow all of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. you have treated this guy like :censored2: just because he is new to the forum dosn't mean he is a complete nube and just buys BE stuff. All I know about the AUG is the mag changes are awkward and the stock is giant and unweildy, but that is just a few people at my feild's opinion. but it has its good things. m4 length with a m16-g3 length barrel. I would buy it for a DMR or a support gun maybe but not CQC or a guerrilla style warfare(run and gun) weapon.

Thanks for your input! But I think you misunderstood what he meant. He was just saying brand can make a big diference. And it can.

TM is the best hands down. I have an echo 1 and had a CA. I really liked the CA. The gearbox was easy to work on and everything was really nice. I turned it into a dmr and it was great other than the mags misfed horribly. So I traded it for a really nice gas bolt gun. It is probably cheaper to get a nice gas gun set up with an hpa rig than to try to turn it into a dmr. I still have the echo 1 cause I bought it for parts of AA. The echo 1 has a gearbox like any other clone. Not as easy to work on and the plastic is cheaper fealing.

Wow all of you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. you have treated this guy like :censored2: just because he is new to the forum dosn't mean he is a complete nube and just buys BE stuff.

Quote where we treated him like poopoo.

or where we called him a complete "nube"

or where we said he just buys BE stuff

Quote where we treated him like poopoo.

or where we called him a complete "nube"

or where we said he just buys BE stuff

You are a feisty one aren't you. Airborne chewing you out yesterday didn't cut it huh? and Idk about externals. all AUG's I've seen have OK externals. I guess the CA might be better but thats just a guess

Yeah, but its a bullpup and most bullpups have slower trigger response so I'd suggest using a lipo

Not true. My AUG has amazing trigger responce with an AMP high torque motor and an 8.4v battery.

People bash on AUGs for being "unweildy" when most of them are either just holding one for a second after being and armalite user their whole life, or are just quoting others with no actual experience. Because all the weight is in the stock, it is much less tiring on the user throughout a day of hard airsofting, and I have never had a problem with "runnin' and gunnin'" with it. I'm actually getting a shorty barrel kit so I can use it for CQB. Mag changes are a little odd at first, but you get used to it quickly. Just tilt the gun up when changing mags instead of trying to do some fancy, pointless, armalite drop and load move.

AUGs are also great for high accuracy and long range builds. You can make it have the range of a PSG1 with a length just shorter than a standard M16.

Not true. My AUG has amazing trigger responce with an AMP high torque motor and an 8.4v battery.

but a stock bullpup though not so much.

I had an echo 1 aug that I upgraded and it was nice but I'm not a bullpup person except for p90s. Only thing I don't like about bullpups is their mag location which I know is what makes them unique, but if you change mags often and your used to it being infront of your trigger finger it takes sometime to get used to. What I would do is see if anyone you play with has one you could use as a loaner play a round or two and see how you like it.

And ganndolf

in no way, size, shape or form did I call or imply he was a Newbie. He was asking about the AUG in general. Well BE makes an AUG and so does TM but its hard to generalize the two when they're completely different. So I was asking basically what brands is he looking at to buy an AUG. Its that simple, I wasnt trying to offend anyone.

You are a feisty one aren't you. Airborne chewing you out yesterday didn't cut it huh? and Idk about externals. all AUG's I've seen have OK externals. I guess the CA might be better but thats just a guess

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Do you really need me to post the qoutes from that thread? Thats hilarious! He told you to stop name calling!

And you didnt answer my question.

Ganndolf, I don't see any indication of name calling or anything negative really, I think you should re read some posts and leave it be because this is pointless.

To OP trigger response sucks on the JG/E1 augs, they are cheap though and you could find some used ones here in the forums. They seem to be pretty guns to start a dmr project on, but I feel like it would be definitely better to get a ca or tm somewhere in the bst section. JG gearboxes are terrible difficult to work on, I absolutely hate them.

CA augs have better externals, internals are solid for what you pay and should have better trigger response because of stock motor. TM is super reliable.

Edited by Personist

To OP trigger response sucks on the JG/E1 augs, they are cheap though and you could find some used ones here in the forums. They seem to be pretty guns to start a dmr project on, but I feel like it would be definitely better to get a ca or tm somewhere in the bst section. JG gearboxes are terrible difficult to work on, I absolutely hate them.

When I worked on my E1 aug I found it really easy. It might have just been me though.

I currently own 2 Tokyo Marui Steyr Aug A2s, and 2 Classic Army Steyr Aug A1s.

And I've owned a JG Aug, so speaking from my own experience of owning these three brands, the Tokyo Marui Steyr Aug by far has been my favorite between those three brands. It's hands down the most reliable, VERY accurate stock, and the internal quality is unarguably the best between the three mentioned.

I do like the Classic Army Steyr Aug A1 as well.

I'm not sure if it helps anymore, but externally I think I like the JG AUG A3 over the TM.

And heres why,

A buddy of mine won the JG AUG A3 at a game last sunday and I've held it many times since. I'm torn on witch brand(JG or TM) has a better texture, but they are both decent. One thing I noticed, my TM creaks when I put any pressure on the plastic, and the JG doesn't. The metal on the TM is shiny and a little dissapointing, while the JG is right about perfect. Its not totally flat, but it sure isnt shiny and I like it.

Internally, I would still take the TM any day. And externally it isn't dissapointing, just the JG is lightly sturdier(externally) IMHO. I like to upgrade my guns A LOT, so If I had to do it over again I would get the AUG A3, but ONLY THAT JG MODEL(A3), because IIRC its the only current JG model with metal bushings and its one of the newer models with a MOSFET. That, and I would do a complete reshim/regrease and a few needed internal parts.

Hey, Thanks for the info Fanatic. Externals make the gun for me, If it's ugly or it's loud, I won't get it. So, the best way to go would be the JG with TM internals?

Ideally... lol Actually I'm waiting to get the 2nd TM Aug that I bought, and I'm going to be throwing all the internals, GB, inner barrel, hop up and am trasnsplanting them in my CA Aug A1. Built CA tough wit TM stuff... LMAO...

Here's the thing with the JG Aug... There's no guarantee that it will be perfectly compatible. The iternals of the CA Aug are slightly different from even the TM, which supposedly CA, and JG both copied the TM design. Someone on here I know had a problem trying to use like a JG upper receiver and it wouldn't fit into a lower TM Aug receiver... May have been the other way around. But with JG's quality control, while it's improved there's no guarantee. Just keep that in mind.

I do agree with who was it G36fanatic.... If you get a JG Aug, then get the A3.