sniperkid24

best gas rifle for $550

Change that King Arms bucking to a Nineball.

You can go CO2 if you want, because there isn't much difference in consistency at the pressures we use our guns at (~100 PSI), and usually HPA-capable regulators seem (at least from my observations; this doesn't take into account things like cheap refurb ebay regs like mine) to run slightly higher-priced than CO2 capable regulators.

Also, the power pack isn't necessary; just replace the striker spring, which changes that $50 to $5-7, and I suggest using that extra money to buy a Leapers Golden Image 3-9x40 rubberized scope (to date, one of the best scopes I've ever used; as soon as I can afford to, I'm replacing the scopes on both of my rifles with them)

Edited by vulrath

You can make the stock chamber work. The rifle in front is sticking with a stock chamber, Nineball and KJW Precision barrel and it's shooting just fine.

CM_M700_02.jpg

Aside from custom parts made specifically for this rifle, it only has:

G&G Striker

G&G Gas Route Packing

Nineball Bucking

KJW Precision Inner Barrel

HPA at 110psi

Some of the custom parts machined in-house include new gas route connectors for the mags and a new barrel support (fixes alignment issues associated with front swivel stud).

GasRouteConnector.jpg

Edited by bnoji

What other custom parts does that thing have? I'm curious now.

It's still in progress, so right now the only parts I've made so far are the gas route connectors and outer barrel support. I usually make/modify parts as needed. Most of the other work has been cleaning out the oil, tapping/tuning mags and fitting of parts.

Today the barrel is being shortened to 24" and a new end cap fabricated. Inner barrel will be adjusted accordingly. The new end cap will look something like this once installed:

M700_Endcap.jpg

Since we lose the front sight screw holes (used to secure the stock end cap) we end up threading the outer barrel for the new end caps. It's a cleaner and more secure connection than the slip-fit w/ set screws. It also puts the inner barrel crown closer to the tip of the outer barrel. This is a another rifle, different end cap, same idea:

th_M700_CQB_02.jpg

th_M700_CQB_03.jpg

The barrel support is a quick fix for barrel alignment. Ideally we would fix it at the source of the problem (outer barrel and receiver faces are not true and outer barrel is not straight) but because this has to leave on Monday there is no time.

The gas route connectors have adjusted o-ring groove dimensions and a shorter c-bore on the spring side. This has the effect of pre-loading the connector spring and driving the connector into the rubber seal with more force. It's an alternative or addition to a stronger gas route connector spring.

The OD rifle in the back is for a friend and local player. It's getting:

Nineball

EdGI 6.00mm Barrel

Modified 2Roy + Modified Best Gun Chamber (action is modified as well)

G&G Striker

HPA

Gas Route Connectors

Barrel Support

Shorten Outer Barrel w/ Custom End Cap

Tuned Mags

Outer Barrel Trued

Receiver Face Trued

Rings Trued to Receiver Body

Custom Mag Internals (new o-rings, plunger, etc..)

Edited by bnoji

Barrel support? Are you referring to the piece that screws into the back end of the barrel?

What kind of consistency gains do you normally see from changing out the gas route connectors?

Barrel support is screwed into the bottom of the outer barrel. This is the part the front swivel stud threads into. Dimensions and height are adjusted for the barrel to sit properly in the barrel channel.

We're going for +/- 2fps.

Barrel support is screwed into the bottom of the outer barrel. This is the part the front swivel stud threads into. Dimensions and height are adjusted for the barrel to sit properly in the barrel channel.

We're going for +/- 2fps.

Better yet, when will you start to sell those parts? Right now you only have barrels and barrel spacers on the site. I also notice you do a direct plug into the magazine for the gas input. Why not use a 45 or 90 degree elbow?

No questions for a week in this subsection, I take a few days off, and suddenly there's half a dozen...lol.

Edited by Brainplay

Better yet, when will you start to sell those parts? Right now you only have barrels and barrel spacers on the site. I also notice you do a direct plug into the magazine for the gas input. Why not use a 45 or 90 degree elbow?

No questions for a week in this subsection, I take a few days off, and suddenly there's half a dozen...lol.

I use a 90 degree on the female side of the QD. I find it easier to plug/unplug quickly with the 90 degree fitting in the palm of your hand. On the Tanaka mags, where height really matters, I shorten the gas res so that only the QD nipple is sitting below the floorplate.

I didn't have any plans to sell these parts on a larger scale. Most are fit to the specific rifle and made as needed. The only one I've considered making a regular part is the gas route connector.

BTW, I was going to wait until more parts showed up before posting anything, but the bottom metal for our project rifle showed up a few days ago and I had to share. Here's a preview (It is not staying on the KJW, I just happened to have one on the bench):

BOM5DBM.jpg

Edited by bnoji