to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
RunnerGunner

KWA v3 2gx Gearbox OH HEM GEE

I watched both of these vids when they poppped up on my facebook page. Very intriguing. I'm wondering if I could get my greedy hands on one of those and put it on my AUG. That would be AWESOME.

Cant wait for KWA AK, although I'd really like for it to NOT be black furniture.

Geebus.. you guys didn't even mention I did a short out to ASF on the first video.

What's a "short out"? Also, did you guys notice he did a shout out to ASF in the first video? :a-grin:

Allizard, can you confirm or deny the possibility of compatibility of the V3 2GX with other guns that use V3 gearboxes? Or, will there possibly be differences in spacing and tolerances such that you might lose any benefit to putting it into another gun?

If you can beef it up, why not?

My main problem is it is unnecessary and will cause fitment issues. This will most likely be a proprietary shell, much like the 2G v2 shell.

I don't have a problem with KWA making v3's, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it definitely applies here.

^This. I'd love to see an AK103/104.

If it has the correct folding stock, correct polymer mag (with ridges, not an AKM style mag painted black) and correct flash hider, I'll bite.

*sigh* no one else here loves all black AK's?

Not regular AK-47s.

I love these

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4003

Kinda like this

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4083

But a regular AK-47 with no rails or anything and just black furniture, not so much. The AK 100s are sweet though.

Edited by Stealthmaster14

I want an AK103. Yeah, that's right, full stock and 7.62. I want to use King Arms mids, not these ugly off-brown MAG thingies. >.> Can't anyone mimic bakelite?

Allizard, you look a little bit like Chow Yun-Fat LOL.

Edited by Kavurcen

I'd have to bomb the headquarters for every division of KWA.

If they get that gearbox in a g36, I will absolutely buy one and continue with my Sl8 plan :a-grin:

Edited by SoIheardzSomeThings

Beg to differ on the JG / E1 V3 boxes... they DO have issues... specifically in wallowing out the trigger pin holes... which makes them worthless after a while when you have to squeeze the trigger just so to even get it to fire.

Never had a CA or KWA or TM box do it...

Also, had no less than 2 JG / E1 motor cages bend, also one SRC one bend... causing the motor to bind out and caused no small amount of problems...

Uhhh, you do know that KWA makes a G36 already, right? And that the gearbox will fit in a Classic Army CA8-2? Without having to change out the motor cage like you would have to on an AK gearbox into a G36 series???

I don't get the hype about KWA guns. Yes, they're built tough, but just like any gun they take tuning to work for longer periods of time under higher amounts of stress (especially lipo's that everyone are moving to). I've actually seen first hand their "lipo ready" claims go up in smoke - 2 of my teammate's KWA's both had pistons/gears strip after only a few hundred rounds usage with a lipo. Yet, with the proper work, you can even make the worst of guns lipo ready - the A&K M4 I had as a project gun worked perfectly on a 11.1v lipo for the few thousand rounds I put it through.

Buy KWA if you want - but keep in mind it won't last you forever out of the box. If you want that, you'll have to put work into it.