Sign in to follow this  
dooodstevenn

Tanaka pre-ban or kjw m700?

I cant decide between the two, I've read another forum where a guy got a pre-ban and had to put a bunch of uprades into it just to make it work, and maintenance and finding parts for the Tanaka seem harder to do and harder to find parts for. for example, the barrel, if I wanna use a vsr barrel I have to get a ka conversion kit, or something like that, as with the kjw, I can use any aeg barrel.

one I found on craigslist is listed for 370

tanaka pre-ban m700 police version

1 kjw mag

G&G Rubber set

G&G Plunger and Valve Knocker

G&G Striker Spring

for 370 right now he's only getting 435 fps on propane with the bolt open with .2's WITHOUT the G&G upgrades installed. with them, what velocity do you think I would be getting out of it?

the second choice is the KJW m700 not the take down, just the regular version, it'll save me about 200 bucks, and, since its still in production, I can find parts more easily.

thought I really like the tanaka pre-ban since I can change the velocity to any field I go to, and well..its a tanaka lol

and advice on what I should get? or what might be wrong with the tanaka now? I was kinda assuming 600-650 fps on a open bolt with a .2? if its going to consistantly shoot below 500, I don't see a point in it. as any aeg would be able to shoot just as far as I could.

I cant decide between the two, I've read another forum where a guy got a pre-ban and had to put a bunch of uprades into it just to make it work, and maintenance and finding parts for the Tanaka seem harder to do and harder to find parts for. for example, the barrel, if I wanna use a vsr barrel I have to get a ka conversion kit, or something like that, as with the kjw, I can use any aeg barrel.

one I found on craigslist is listed for 370

tanaka pre-ban m700 police version

1 kjw mag

G&G Rubber set

G&G Plunger and Valve Knocker

G&G Striker Spring

for 370 right now he's only getting 435 fps on propane with the bolt open with .2's WITHOUT the G&G upgrades installed. with them, what velocity do you think I would be getting out of it?

the second choice is the KJW m700 not the take down, just the regular version, it'll save me about 200 bucks, and, since its still in production, I can find parts more easily.

thought I really like the tanaka pre-ban since I can change the velocity to any field I go to, and well..its a tanaka lol

and advice on what I should get? or what might be wrong with the tanaka now? I was kinda assuming 600-650 fps on a open bolt with a .2? if its going to consistantly shoot below 500, I don't see a point in it. as any aeg would be able to shoot just as far as I could.

Hey,

I'm the dude with the Tanaka. Just so you know, it's a Tanaka magazine. I used the KJW mag just to test and see if the Tanaka mag was giving me the FPS issues, and the KJW worked fine. The Tanaka with upgrade parts should solve the problem. Anyway, ask on. :-)

oh haha hello

Even though I'm the dude on the other end of the sale (haha), I would honestly recommend a KJW M700 if you're looking to save money and get a great rifle. You can do a lot of DIY mods to get it's consistency up to snuff, and you can jump right into a decent tightbore and VSR bucking. If you look around Craigslist, you can basically get a stock KJW with a couple mags for under $175 or so. I was just talking to a guy who was willing to sell me a KJW with scope and harris style bipod for $100 (though I was too broke to pull the trigger). Add about $45-60 for a tightbore, $20 for a firefly or nineball bucking, and about $40 for springs and magazine upgrades, and you've got a pretty great rifle for a budget. From what I can tell, KJW seems to be the consensus on a great value gas sniper. I'm pretty sure you can get one comparable to an upgraded Tanaka for much less money wise.

Even though I'm the dude on the other end of the sale (haha), I would honestly recommend a KJW M700 if you're looking to save money and get a great rifle. You can do a lot of DIY mods to get it's consistency up to snuff, and you can jump right into a decent tightbore and VSR bucking. If you look around Craigslist, you can basically get a stock KJW with a couple mags for under $175 or so. I was just talking to a guy who was willing to sell me a KJW with scope and harris style bipod for $100 (though I was too broke to pull the trigger). Add about $45-60 for a tightbore, $20 for a firefly or nineball bucking, and about $40 for springs and magazine upgrades, and you've got a pretty great rifle for a budget. From what I can tell, KJW seems to be the consensus on a great value gas sniper. I'm pretty sure you can get one comparable to an upgraded Tanaka for much less money wise.

lol thanks dude, the only thing im worred about is that I wanna shoot arround 450 fps on a .35 orsomething in the range, because im sure some1 might get hurt if I try for 450 on a 43 and im sure a 35 is plenty of weight, and there's a bolt mod it make it shoot up to 650 fps, so im sure I could get there, but if someone complains, I wanna be able to dial it down right away, and is why I wanted the tanaka, and I wanted to be able to say, hey I have a tanaka pre-ban lol

Remember that if you decide to ever upgrade to an HPA/Co2 system then the PCS bolt becomes almost obsolete. Since the air flow and regulation is handled by the air rig the PCS valve should be opened all of the way as if it isn't even there. You can close the bolt slightly in hopes of getting a bit more controlled air flow but you'll need to compensate with a higher psi. To be honest it really wouldn't bring anything to the table by doing that.

If you have a tanaka preban for sale and he doesnt buy it I will. I assume its old but in working condition?

If he doesn't buy it on Tuesday, I'm just going to keep it. I think I'm liking it more and more as I'm getting it restored.

But yeah, everything is working proper now with a few G&G parts so far.

I might actually be getting a KJW M700 setup for $100, which basically just needs a good bucking and tightbore as far as purchases, right?

I heard that the KJW hops are two part hop ups though? So it doesn't just use the bucking sleeve, but has another piece?