Sign in to follow this  
smoothsnipa

JG BAR 10 magazine probelm (imagine that?)

I've had my gun for like a year and a half now, great gun very few problems especially with the internals once I figured out how everything worked. Only downside is that the JG BAR 10 probably has the worst magazine I've ever used in an airsoft gun. After awhile it began to double feed often, but that wasn't too big of a problem. I found that if you pull the bolt back swiftly it usually helps the double feed problem. Now to what is a major problem, sometime ago my mag catch spring broke and I had to break off about a third of it. I don't think the weakened spring is holding the magazine all the way in, and almost every time I go to fire my gun my magazine will completely empty and clog my chamber with BBs. The BBs get into the barrel and into where the cylinder is. If anyone could offer a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

My gun (if it helps):

Stock everything but

150 spring

reinforced piston, spring guide

laylax piston & trigger sear

I'm getting a new hop up bucking (I really need one... I know) but I want to fix this first.

Thanks

A teflon cylinder may help to smoothen the bolt pull, I often had double feeds when I didnt pull the bolt back in a smooth action.

Although it sounds as if your problem may lie somewhere else.

Dissasemble the gun and clean the inner barrel out with some silocone based lube and work from there.

Tape the magazine in place and try, you may narrow the problem down to the magazine not being 100% in.

Check your hopup chamber. Inside right infront of the bucking should be a black arch-like piece with a spring attached to it. That piece prevents overfeeding. Now don't get me wrong if you can't pull back your cylinder in one try it will doublefeed, but if done right, this black piece will prevent any problems.

For your mag catch, check the magazine once it is in. If it wobbles around and isnt in tight, then most likely it is the catch. To see if your magazine is truly the culprit, when you prepare to load the gun, push up hard on the mag while pulling back the bolt. That should give you 1 clean BB assuming your hopup is correct and what not.

Hope this helps