Sign in to follow this  
Angelust

Tanaka Bolt Question and Air Compressor Question

So I'm considering purchasing a Tanaka with the PCS bolt, but the bolt looks very worn on one part. Is the worn part replaceable allowing me to keep the PCS bolt part? Could anybody refer me to a link of what I would need to purchase in order to get the bolt back to life? (I.e., should I just get a G&G power bolt and try to switch out the back portion? Are those two halves [Tanaka PCS portion and G&G rear portion] compatible?)

Also, I found an air compressor around that I might be able to snag, though a sticker on the front said the max PSI was 100. Is that way too low to use on a gas gun? I'm not sure, since the compressor is fairly large (about the size of 3 gallons or so), but some people just bought it to use as a computer duster around the office I think. Can this work for an air-rig?

Thanks for any help

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/msg-a5846-.html

Edited by Angelust

So I'm considering purchasing a Tanaka with the PCS bolt, but the bolt looks very worn on one part. Is the worn part replaceable allowing me to keep the PCS bolt part? Could anybody refer me to a link of what I would need to purchase in order to get the bolt back to life? (I.e., should I just get a G&G power bolt and try to switch out the back portion? Are those two halves [Tanaka PCS portion and G&G rear portion] compatible?)

Also, I found an air compressor around that I might be able to snag, though a sticker on the front said the max PSI was 100. Is that way too low to use on a gas gun? I'm not sure, since the compressor is fairly large (about the size of 3 gallons or so), but some people just bought it to use as a computer duster around the office I think. Can this work for an air-rig?

Thanks for any help

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/msg-a5846-.html

Could you specify which part of the bolt looks worn? Pictures would help tremendously.

The compressor would, for the most part, not work for an air rig. If your mag is set for HPA/CO2 and are able to hook it up to your mag, you can use it for testing and such, but for a game it would probably be impractical.

The air compressor would only be able to fill a container to 100psi and the size of the tank isn't going to help. That equals a single weak shot per fill. HPA tanks are filled to 3000-4500psi and require some heavy duty air compressors to do it. They slowly drain off the pressure each time they are fired.