Sign in to follow this  
dooodstevenn

PCS Bolt adjustment

im having trouble adjusting the velocity on my pre-ban, the bolt you spin is extremely hard to turn. I found out u have to losen some screw then adjust the velocity bolt, but the pictures he had up, were deleted by mod for being too big a picture, so I have no clue what to losen, and I don't wanna play arround with it too much, as I have once and almost lost the many small pieces...pictures would be appreciated

im having trouble adjusting the velocity on my pre-ban, the bolt you spin is extremely hard to turn. I found out u have to losen some screw then adjust the velocity bolt, but the pictures he had up, were deleted by mod for being too big a picture, so I have no clue what to losen, and I don't wanna play arround with it too much, as I have once and almost lost the many small pieces...pictures would be appreciated

What you're describing is striker spring tension inside the bolt itself. Most Tanaka's came with them pre-set at around 85-90%. It has nothing to do with the PCS adjustment. Your PCS valve adjuster will loosen up as you use it more and more. But then you shouldn't have to mess with it that often except for large temperature changes (such as with the seasons).

What you're describing is striker spring tension inside the bolt itself. Most Tanaka's came with them pre-set at around 85-90%. It has nothing to do with the PCS adjustment. Your PCS valve adjuster will loosen up as you use it more and more. But then you shouldn't have to mess with it that often except for large temperature changes (such as with the seasons).

oh okay, im trying to tone down the fps right now, so it'll be field legal, and I cant even turn it without using any tools, but I did nottice it being a bit harder after I installed the g&g striker spring. do you know of a way to adjust it more easily?

oh okay, im trying to tone down the fps right now, so it'll be field legal, and I cant even turn it without using any tools, but I did nottice it being a bit harder after I installed the g&g striker spring. do you know of a way to adjust it more easily?

The PCS is not attached to the striker spring in any way, shape, or form. As far as breaking it in, just adjust it back and forth for a bit. I don't actually remember what the limit is on how far you can close a PCS.